Twtter Topic: Things People Should Not Do

Reyna ♔

Opinion. If there were too many, today's music wouldn't be here. #Truth

I didn't realise Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, Adele, Tamia, Amel Larrieux, Maxwell's last album, Sades last album, Janelle Monae, The Script, Luke Pickett, Benbrick, Gary Go, Florence & the Machine and many others are so crap. People like yourself look at whats on the charts/ seeing success and automatically say 'todays music is shit'. Well I don't know what you're listening to but a lot of todays music that I'm listening to is great. It might not be #1 (except Adele) but I'm glad they're not doing successful because I'd hate for them to go down the Usher/Kelly R etc route and sell their sound for a hit.

Todays music is not THAT bad. Theres too many music snobs these days.

THIS.

Plus, every generation says the same shit. We'd still be talking about Beethoven, Haydn, et al. with re-releases and remixes if people had stopped listening to "today's" music.

I didn't realise Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, Adele, Tamia, Amel Larrieux, Maxwell's last album, Sades last album, Janelle Monae, The Script, Luke Pickett, Benbrick, Gary Go, Florence & the Machine and many others are so crap. People like yourself look at whats on the charts/ seeing success and automatically say 'todays music is shit'. Well I don't know what you're listening to but a lot of todays music that I'm listening to is great. It might not be #1 (except Adele) but I'm glad they're not doing successful because I'd hate for them to go down the Usher/Kelly R etc route and sell their sound for a hit.

Then let me make a correction, because if you knew my opinions of the artists you named your comment would be null and void. But because I didn't clarify, it leaves the door open to misinterpretation. Today's MAINSTREAM. There. I don't like what's topping the charts right now. That is what I meant.

I think people are frustrated because there is "Some" good music out there but it's not getting the same commercial exposure like it used to years earlier. So you always have to dig for it. And then on top of that you're not going to hear it anywhere but on the internet and in your itunes. You won't hear it in the store, or the lounges, or in the neighborhood while someone washes their car. There have always been a bunch of stupid songs topping the charts even in the 90's, 80's and 70's but there used to be a balance because there would be just as many good songs out. The same goes for artists that are out. But today the ratio has changed.

I think people are frustrated because there is "Some" good music out there but it's not getting the same commercial exposure like it used to years earlier. So you always have to dig for it. And then on top of that you're not going to hear it anywhere but on the internet and in your itunes. You won't hear it in the store, or the lounges, or in the neighborhood while someone washes their car. There have always been a bunch of stupid songs topping the charts even in the 90's, 80's and 70's but there used to be a balance because there would be just as many good songs out. The same goes for artists that are out. But today the ratio has changed.

This and a +1

Let's look at the iTunes top ten. Who are the "untalented" people on the chart? Two counts of LMFAO, one count of Cobra Starship and one count of David Guetta. Then we have Rihanna and the Gym Class Heroes, both of whom could basically go either way; they both have redeeming qualities and not-so-great qualities. Adele, Foster the People and Maroon 5 are all in the top five, and I'd say that they're all pretty talented and respectable acts, regardless of what you think of their songs. Then there's Lady Gaga at #9, who is indisputably the renaissance pop star of her generation. It seems pretty balanced to me.

Let's look at the iTunes top ten. Who are the "untalented" people on the chart? Two counts of LMFAO, one count of Cobra Starship and one count of David Guetta. Then we have Rihanna and the Gym Class Heroes, both of whom could basically go either way; they both have redeeming qualities and not-so-great qualities. Adele, Foster the People and Maroon 5 are all in the top five, and I'd say that they're all pretty talented and respectable acts, regardless of what you think of their songs. Then there's Lady Gaga at #9, who is indisputably the renaissance pop star of her generation. It seems pretty balanced to me.

why u hate 4 Cobra?

True and I agree to an extent, but I didn't really say too much about talent. I'm more so focusing on the music, substance, and diversity within genres. When it comes to overall diversity in genres you should just kill yourself if you're an R&B fan.

Archived