I've got a goal to drop my last 25 lbs. by the end of the year

LyricalLesson

Yeah baby, I'm already down almost 60 lbs. from my peak weight. I've slacked off for a couple months now but I've still maintained that weight-loss, which is GREAT because it tells me that my body is aight with the healthy change. But, I'm trying to do some thangs -- and though I'm very happy with the previous weight-loss, I've got an ultimate goal that I will reach, because I love a challenge, AND I think it's going to aid in making my aspirations become reality -- but most importantly, it's going to keep me heart healthy :thumbup:

I'm thinking about documenting my progress, and maybe filming it for a documentary like movie. I've been watching a lot of documentaries lately, and I've been itching to create one, I think this is the perfect opportunity.

Anyway, who else is trying to slim down during the weight-gain quarter of the year?

That's awesome! Keep up the great work.

I'm not trying to lose weight but I have become more health-conscious this year. It's almost an addiction now. :lol:

Thanks Con :D

I hear you, when I get into the right mindset, it kind of becomes a way of life :lol: Are you just eating healthier, or are you also hitting the gym?

Thanks Con :D

I hear you, when I get into the right mindset, it kind of becomes a way of life :lol: Are you just eating healthier, or are you also hitting the gym?

:D

:lol: It does become a way of life. Mainly working out. My eating habits have always been pretty good so I don't have to focus a lot on that.

:D

:lol: It does become a way of life. Mainly working out. My eating habits have always been pretty good so I don't have to focus a lot on that.

Excellent! I've always been really athletic, even with all of the extra weight. But my eating habits were not good. It's not that I ate very unhealthy, I just ate at the worst times, and coupled with a slower metabolism -- that meant that the weight packed on quickly. So that's my main focus, because I already genuinely like working out.

Excellent! I've always been really athletic, even with all of the extra weight. But my eating habits were not good. It's not that I ate very unhealthy, I just ate at the worst times, and coupled with a slower metabolism -- that meant that the weight packed on quickly. So that's my main focus, because I already genuinely like working out.

Sometimes eating at bad times is worse than what you're actually putting in your mouth, especially late at night. And working out becomes addictive. >_< I actually feel like shit if I stop for a few days.

25lbs in 2 months??

You will gain that shit back by Jan 15.. :lol::lol:

Back in August I lost 16.8 lbs in 15 days to win a bet...and yes, I did gain most of it back because I ate like a pig afterward :asham: but I'm actually not worried about gaining any of those 25 lbs. back after the 2 month period, I'm in the zone Blatin! :excited:

Sometimes eating at bad times is worse than what you're actually putting in your mouth, especially late at night. And working out becomes addictive. >_< I actually feel like shit if I stop for a few days.

You're so right, I think it actually IS worse. I always skipped breakfast and ate a wack sized lunch, and then i'd eat a larger dinner late at nite as the day was winding down -- not allowing time for physical activity afterward. That's health-suicide right thurr lol.

I feel like crap too once I'm in the groove of hitting the gym, and if I eat something crazy greasy or fatty, my body gets REAL pissed at me :lol: it's really a good thing though in the long run. It keeps me disciplined.

Good for you! :thumbup: I'm inclined to say you'd be better off taking your time with it though. Drastic weight loss isn't always great either, cause like blatin said, it's easy to put back on. Making healthy the lifestyle and not just a goal will get you there and help you stay consistent, but who am I to talk....

I need to get back in the gym, bad. I was going real consistently for months, then one interference happens where I can't make it for awhile...messes up my whole groove. It's true though, once you get into it, it's very much a habit...I just need to get back to that place :lol:

Good for you! :thumbup: I'm inclined to say you'd be better off taking your time with it though. Drastic weight loss isn't always great either, cause like blatin said, it's easy to put back on. Making healthy the lifestyle and not just a goal will get you there and help you stay consistent, but who am I to talk....

I need to get back in the gym, bad. I was going real consistently for months, then one interference happens where I can't make it for awhile...messes up my whole groove. It's true though, once you get into it, it's very much a habit...I just need to get back to that place :lol:

Thanks Dimpy :D

I completely understand where you're coming from. Slow and steady really is the best way to approach weight loss. But honestly, the bulk of my almost 60lbs. really came off rapidly. Basically in 3 separate double digit spurts. And I've done really well to maintain the weight loss. I think with me, it's mostly mental because once I'm in the groove -- they weight really just melts off, it's not even forced. But you're absolutely correct, it needs to be looked at as a lifestyle change, not just a goal. B)

Thanks Dimpy :D

I completely understand where you're coming from. Slow and steady really is the best way to approach weight loss. But honestly, the bulk of my almost 60lbs. really came off rapidly. Basically in 3 separate double digit spurts. And I've done really well to maintain the weight loss. I think with me, it's mostly mental because once I'm in the groove -- they weight really just melts off, it's not even forced. But you're absolutely correct, it needs to be looked at as a lifestyle change, not just a goal. B)

Man, you're lucky then, getting it off so fast! Says a lot if you've kept it off. That's it though, once you get past the mental block and really get into the lifestyle change, that's most of the work right there, especially once the gym becomes a habit too. Now I need to take my own advice :lol:

Man, you're lucky then, getting it off so fast! Says a lot if you've kept it off. That's it though, once you get past the mental block and really get into the lifestyle change, that's most of the work right there, especially once the gym becomes a habit too. Now I need to take my own advice :lol:

;) Thanks! Yeah, I'm a firm believer in having to be mentally prepared before you physically prepare, it's definitely more than half of the battle. Yes, take your advice -- it's really good! :lol:

We can both motivate and get each other in the groove here on the board. A little motivation goes a long way :thumbup:

;) Thanks! Yeah, I'm a firm believer in having to be mentally prepared before you physically prepare, it's definitely more than half of the battle. Yes, take your advice -- it's really good! :lol:

We can both motivate and get each other in the groove here on the board. A little motivation goes a long way :thumbup:

Absolutely true!

Deal. Sounds good :thumbup: Lord knows I need it :sigh:

Yeah baby, I'm already down almost 60 lbs. from my peak weight. I've slacked off for a couple months now but I've still maintained that weight-loss, which is GREAT because it tells me that my body is aight with the healthy change. But, I'm trying to do some thangs -- and though I'm very happy with the previous weight-loss, I've got an ultimate goal that I will reach, because I love a challenge, AND I think it's going to aid in making my aspirations become reality -- but most importantly, it's going to keep me heart healthy :thumbup:

I'm thinking about documenting my progress, and maybe filming it for a documentary like movie. I've been watching a lot of documentaries lately, and I've been itching to create one, I think this is the perfect opportunity.

Anyway, who else is trying to slim down during the weight-gain quarter of the year?

Awesome! Hope you reach your goal.

i just joined the gym. :whistle:

Archived