RIHANNA DEBUTS AT #3 WITH 197K 1ST WK

DCNATION

I don't understand the shade over her album sales..

AGLM 1.3 mil in the US (I'm not sure about world wide)

GGGB 2.6 mil in the US (I'm not sure about world wide)

R 3 mil world wide

Loud 8 mil world wide.

That's pretty good for someone that is more of a singles artist..

I don't understand the shade over her album sales..

AGLM 1.3 mil in the US (I'm not sure about world wide)

GGGB 2.6 mil in the US (I'm not sure about world wide)

R 3 mil world wide

Loud 8 mil world wide.

That's pretty good for someone that is more of a singles artist..

THey try to discredit her based off the US sales to make her appear less relevant when she's more of a WW bitch. Her WW numbers arent bad.

Michael Buble Bests Nickelback, Rihanna on Billboard 200

In the tightest race for No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in four years, Michael Buble's "Christmas" rises 2-1 on the tally while Nickelback's new "Here and Now" debuts at No. 2. "Christmas" sold just over 227,000 -- ahead of Nickelback by a tiny 0.18% margin. "Here and Now" sold a bit under 227,000.

In terms of units, the last time the Billboard 200 saw a smaller difference between the Nos. 1 and 2 albums was on the chart dated Nov. 3, 2007. That was when Bruce Springsteen's "Magic" rose 2-1 for its second week at the top with a tiny bit over 77,000 while Kid Rock's "Rock N Roll Jesus" slipped 2-1, just 0.3% behind "Magic."

"Christmas" marks Buble's third No. 1 album, following 2007's "Call Me Irresponsible" and 2009's "Crazy Love." And with 227,000 sold, it also marks Buble's best sales week, which was previous set when "Irresponsible" bowed with 212,000.

"Christmas" is the second holiday set to top the tally this year, following Justin Bieber's "Under the Mistletoe." The only other time we've had two Christmas albums reach No. 1 in the same year was in 1957, when Elvis Presley's "Elvis' Christmas Album" and Bing Crosby's "Merry Christmas" both reached the top. All told, Buble's "Christmas" is the ninth holiday No. 1 in the 55-year history of the chart.

As for Nickelback, "Here" marks the band's fifth top 10 set and third consecutive to arrive in the top two. It last topped the tally with 2005's "All the Right Reasons," which opened with 325,000. The group's last effort, 2008's "Dark Horse," galloped in at No. 2 with 326,000.

Arriving in the No. 3 slot this week is Rihanna's "Talk That Talk," selling 197,000. It's the diva's sixth top 10 album and follows "Loud," which also launched at No. 2 a year ago (but with a bigger week: 207,000.

Last week's No. 1, Drake's "Take Care," falls to No. 4 with 173,000 (down 73%) while Mary J. Blige's ninth studio album, "My Life II: The Journey Continues, Act I," debuts at No. 5 with 156,000. Like Rihanna, every one of Blige's studio efforts have reached the top 10. Blige's last set, 2009's "Stronger With Each Tear," bowed at No. 2 with 330,000.

Bieber's "Under the Mistletoe" is pushed 5-6, despite a gain in sales (142,000; up 69%) while Adele's "21" also gains, but is forced backwards 3-7 (140,000; up 24%). This is the first time "21" has left the top five of the tally in its entire 40-week chart run.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/michael-buble-bests-nickelback-rihanna-on-1005579952.story

----

Congrats to Michael! ^_^

Fuckin Adele. :mellow:

Archived