Jennifer Hudson declares, "I am the original Precious"

King Baby

‘Spotlight’ singer Jennifer Hudson shot to fame seemingly overnight with her acclaimed performance in 2006′s ‘Dreamgirls’ as Effie. The role, the career-defining moment in the American Idol alum’s stint in entertainment, later led her to the Academy Award stage to accept the Oscar for ‘Best Supporting Actress’ in 2007. Interestingly, as Hudson’s new memoir ‘I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down’ details, the songstress was almost the center of another acclaimed, Oscar nominated film – 2009′s ‘Precious’.

The role, eventually landed by actress Gabourey Sidibe, may have won its leading lady a nomination for Best Actress at the following year’s Academy Awards, but Hudson says she was unwilling to pack on the pounds for the portrayal. Speaking on the offer, J.Hud says:

““I had done that with Effie… and as much as I was moved by this film,” she said. “I wanted to try a role that had nothing whatsoever to do with my weight.””

Despite the missed opportunity, Hudson hasn’t looked back and continued with the other movie and music ventures that shortly followed. Fans can read more on this and find out what other gems Jennifer sheds light on in her new memoir, due January 10. (source)

How in the hell was she going to pull off looking like a teenager? :mellow: No matter her size, Jennifer does not look young.

That's what I was just gonna post. She was damn near 30, and a few years younger than Monigue(sp). These stars and their tall tales to sell a few magazines kill me. :filenails:

th_agree.gif

Nobody else could give this much life in this Oscar worthy scene:

v6oide.jpg

I swear I was thinking about this same scene when I read the article. :lmao: And I can't see Jen slapping that chick upside the head after being called fat. Matter of fact I can't see Jen doing anything in Precious...maybe Sherri's role or the waitress from that place Precious stole the chicken from.

Archived