If YOU had to make the setlist for the Rhyhm Nation Tour...

jarrylf

Follow up from the Control tour thread. When I made that list I realized there were SO many album tracks from her catalog that I'd just really like to see live, and its not to say I dont love those past tours, but if I had to add or take away a song, or costume...

(I'll start by saying I think the RN tour got it a little bit backwards, like I understand why they put the Control songs 1st but I would've switched it or at least mixed it up more, which you'll see)

1.Rhythm Nation

2.Control

3.Nasty

4.The Knowlege

5.State of The World

6.Black Cat

7.Nasty

8.WHYDFML

9.The Pleasure Principle

10.Young Love

11. Dont Stand Another Chance

12.When I think of you

13.Living In a World They didnt make

14.Lonely

15.Come Back To Me

16.Let's Wait A While

17.Someday Is Tonight

18.Funny How Time Flies

19.Alright

20.Escapade

21.LWND (band intro)

22.Miss You Much (closing)

(Im going back & forth on LWND & MYM being the closing song, I think their both suitable, but I think I settled on MYM cause with the chair routine, shes still ending with a BAM)

I'd keep majority of the costumes the same, maybe add some diff accessories (hats, ties, sunglasses) to a few, but I like that she kept it REAL simple as far as costumes & stage design on this tour so no complaints here. I just wish she did have a longer setlist, and that she mixed the 2 albums more.

I like what she did with the set list, I just wish she had spread out the Control singles. Maybe something like this for the last act (before the encore):

Alright

When I Think of You

Escapade

Miss You Much

The Pleasure Principle

And I'd add LWND as the 2nd encore.

Follow up from the Control tour thread. When I made that list I realized there were SO many album tracks from her catalog that I'd just really like to see live, and its not to say I dont love those past tours, but if I had to add or take away a song, or costume...

(I'll start by saying I think the RN tour got it a little bit backwards, like I understand why they put the Control songs 1st but I would've switched it or at least mixed it up more, which you'll see)

1.Rhythm Nation

2.Control

3.Nasty

4.The Knowlege

5.State of The World

6.Black Cat

7.Nasty

8.WHYDFML

9.The Pleasure Principle

10.Young Love

11. Dont Stand Another Chance

12.When I think of you

13.Living In a World They didnt make

14.Lonely

15.Come Back To Me

16.Let's Wait A While

17.Someday Is Tonight

18.Funny How Time Flies

19.Alright

20.Escapade

21.LWND (band intro)

22.Miss You Much (closing)

Starting off with Rhythm Nation tho? Hell no....! Its too much of a massive song and performance to start with...it has Encore written all over it. Thats one thing I liked about the RN tour verses the other tours is she ended BIG,to me encores are suppose to end BIG..not the more scaled back "we're gonna have a lil party" in our jeans and t-shirt type of endings that Janet has been doing since the janet tour. I dont care for it and never have.

Starting off with Rhythm Nation tho? Hell no....! Its too much of a massive song and performance to start with...it has Encore written all over it. Thats one thing I liked about the RN tour verses the other tours is she ended BIG,to me encores are suppose to end BIG..not the more scaled back "we're gonna have a lil party" in our jeans and t-shirt type of endings that Janet has been doing since the janet tour. I dont care for it and never have.

I always thought RN would be an amazing show opener, and yea it does make a great finale as well, but I feel like if there was a time itd be a perfect opener itd be for that tour.

I kinda just through it together lol, but personally I would love it

1. Control

2. Nasty

3. What Have You Done For Me Lately

4. Don't Stand Another Chance

5. Diamonds

6. Come Back To Me

7. State of the World

8. The Knowledge

9. Miss You Much

10. Alright

11. Young Love

12. When I Think of You

13. The Pleasure Principle

14. Escapade

15. Let's Wait Awhile

16. Someday Is Tonight

17. Come Give Your Love To Me

18. Black Cat

19. Pledge / Rhythm Nation

20. Love Will Never Do (Without You)

I kinda just through it together lol, but personally I would love it

1. Control

2. Nasty

3. What Have You Done For Me Lately

4. Don't Stand Another Chance

5. Diamonds

6. Come Back To Me

7. State of the World

8. The Knowledge

9. Miss You Much

10. Alright

11. Young Love

12. When I Think of You

13. The Pleasure Principle

14. Escapade

15. Let's Wait Awhile

16. Someday Is Tonight

17. Come Give Your Love To Me

18. Black Cat

19. Pledge / Rhythm Nation

20. Love Will Never Do (Without You)

I love yours and I like that you kept it simple and similar to hers, I forgot alll about Diamonds (considers adding it to mine)

Archived