Teena Marie Died?

SonofBaldwin

Teena was a huge part of my musical landscape in the 80's.....this song was my first introduction to her. My cousins would play her music to death and every summer from 11-14 I would visit my cousins in San Diego for the summer and Teena was always the voice we could rely on for a good time! I'm saddened....funny and strange how after Christmas there is always someone dying.

:blush:

So glad I grew up listening to good music(ie, Teena, Luther, Freddie Jackson)..My mom and older aunts knew what was up.. :dance:

I think my Aunt introduced me to her with Square Biz because she did a dance to it in high school..

I just remember this big ass beat box and "everybody get up"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38S1uaz3Pow&feature=related

:lmao:

I can tell you grew up listening to some good music..surprising for a 21 23 yr. old.

My dad had all those old LPs from Stevie, Janet, James, and a lot of classic R&B/Soul artists. So I was exposed to a lot of it.

How the hell Game is a niggra who listens to R&B, and doesn't know who Teena Marie is very disturbing. :mellow:

My dad had all those old LPs from Stevie, Janet, James, and a lot of classic R&B/Soul artists. So I was exposed to a lot of it.

How the hell Game is a niggra who listens to R&B, and doesn't know who Teena Marie is very disturbing. :mellow:

OOPs..I thought you were 21.. >_< Your dad knows what's up!!! :blush:

I'm sooooooooooooooo happy that I was exposed to such great Rnb growing up. Teena was definitely a part of the music I was exposed to..She was the coolest white black girl.. :lmao:

OOPs..I thought you were 21.. >_< Your dad knows what's up!!! :blush:

I'm sooooooooooooooo happy that I was exposed to such great Rnb growing up. Teena was definitely a part of the music I was exposed to..She was the coolest white black girl.. :lmao:

I'm getting old. -_-

Same here. If I wasn't, I'd probably be stanning for a lessor girl like Alicia Keys or someone who doesn't really matter. I actually got into Teenallah on my own. I heard "Square Biz" for the first time in like 2002 and was hooked.

I'm getting old. -_-

Same here. If I wasn't, I'd probably be stanning for a lessor girl like Alicia Keys or someone who doesn't really matter. I actually got into Teenallah on my own. I heard "Square Biz" for the first time in like 2002 and was hooked.

I'm not that much older than you.. :whistle:

OH wow..lmao..I know I was a little boy when I first heard that song..as a matter of fact, that was one of the songs that would get a house party started! LOL..

I'm not that much older than you.. :whistle:

OH wow..lmao..I know I was a little boy when I first heard that song..as a matter of fact, that was one of the songs that would get a house party started! LOL..

:umm:

I may have heard it some time in the 90s, but I specifically remember hearing it in 2002. All my friends love it. It's a shame they don't know too much about Teena outside of SB and F&D. Poor gals. -_-

:umm:

I may have heard it some time in the 90s, but I specifically remember hearing it in 2002. All my friends love it. It's a shame they don't know too much about Teena outside of SB and F&D. Poor gals. -_-

You're still seething that I witnessed Janhova's world domination while you were doing backstrokes in your dads scrotum.. :tear:

It really is..I still can't believe Mary J. Blige spelling her name wrong on twitter..yall did not have to play frisbee with her wig.. :lmao:

You're still seething that I witnessed Janhova's world domination while you were doing backstrokes in your dads scrotum.. :tear:

It really is..I still can't believe Mary J. Blige spelling her name wrong on twitter..yall did not have to play frisbee with her wig.. :lmao:

I was there for the janet. era, so let's not. :rolleyes: Funny how I have a clear memory of watching the ATAP video. :unsure:

:lmao: I was on the training coming home from work when they started dragging her. When I got home I read the tweets, and poor Mary J. High. -_-