Discography Chat: Christina Aguilera

jarrylf

14 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Christina Aguilera album?

• Just Be Free (1995) (Demo)
    • Christina Aguilera (1999)
    • Mi Reflejo (2000)
    • My Kind Of Christmas (2000)
    • Stripped (2002)
    • Back To Basics (2006)
    • Bionic (2010)
    • Burlesque (2010)
    • Keeps Getting Better (2008)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only started paying attention to her from Stripped to now...he's She's one of those artists like Britney and P!nk where I don't care to listen to the albums they started out with. I was listening to the albums I got of hers the other day and Bionic is my favorite...then B2B...and then I]Stripped. "Dirry" will remain my favorite song from her. :wub: Whenever I hear that, the cunt inside me takes over. -_-

:cheers:

The Ad-libs after Redmans rap (he slayed that too), give me life then kill me every single time.

Proving that she's the voice of our generation. :thumbup:

By far, her range is way better than every other chick she competed with. It's a fuckin crime that Britney & Bey's careers are looked at in such higher regard when she should be placed either higher or in the same regard, but you know she's not into as much "contraversy", "drama", "rumors" like B&B, like yea she has her own,and its still drawn out, but not to the extent of either 1.

By far, her range is way better than every other chick she competed with. It's a fuckin crime that Britney & Bey's careers are looked at in such higher regard when she should be placed either higher or in the same regard, but you know she's not into as much "contraversy", "drama", "rumors" like B&B, like yea she has her own,and its still drawn out, but not to the extent of either 1.

GODtina is their contemporary..but she got lost in the shuffle..She took risks where her others rivals didn't..I prefer when she does go out on a limb and be happy at the end of the day with her music. "Bionic" is a great album, but the timing was just not right. She proved that she can do any kind of music and she pulled off the electronic sound. She may not be as popular as the other girls, but she is much more respected in the industry. Miss Rollingstone named her one of the best singers ever and she was the youngest on the list. :cheers: The other girls were no where to be found..

GODtina is their contemporary..but she got lost in the shuffle..She took risks where her others rivals didn't..I prefer when she does go out on a limb and be happy at the end of the day with her music. "Bionic" is a great album, but the timing was just not right. She proved that she can do any kind of music and she pulled off the electronic sound. She may not be as popular as the other girls, but she is much more respected in the industry. Miss Rollingstone named her one of the best singers ever and she was the youngest on the list. :cheers: The other girls were no where to be found..

:yahoo::excited:

I didnt know that but I love it lol. WOW, and your right she is more respected. The brilliance about Stripped is that it was not what anyone was expecting, and I think at the same time thats what hurt it too, I KNOW America didnt give love to Stripped with the exception of Beautiful (which didnt get #1, like I thought it did, as much as it was played and everywhere), I think if she did like Brit & Bey and kept it predictable, she would have more success. But she is more respectd, and looked at in a higher regard.

Beyonce is held in regard because she's an overall performer...not just a singer...she's been chewed up by the industry and knows how to play it's game. I don't know why Britney is held in regard to be honest. She's not even that great a dancer even in her hey day. Christina is held in high regards too...she just doesn't have as much success and that's whats sad. She does have critical acclaim on her side though.

Beyonce is held in regard because she's an overall performer...not just a singer...she's been chewed up by the industry and knows how to play it's game. I don't know why Britney is held in regard to be honest. She's not even that great a dancer even in her hey day. Christina is held in high regards too...she just doesn't have as much success and that's whats sad. She does have critical acclaim on her side though.

But I meant more so with the singles perfromances, Im so shocked how bad her singles have done, considering...2003, it was a 3 way tie of all 3 of them being overplayed on the radio. But ever since the DC group change up, Bey has had controversy and rumors follow her and support her. And Christina has always been a overall performer too, like I think her dance moves are a bit more technical, overlooked but she puts on a good show too. So I think the negative press on Brit & Bey played a big part too. I wish she did have their success, but she, and Brit & Bey are all 30 and its midlife in the industry, but still young enough for some last hoorahs. Im DYING to hear the new album, cause you KNOW its gonna be different and unpredictable. And who knows how it'll do, promo's never been a problem of hers except with Bionic (I'd say). Im glad she dropped a song this year (even tho its a soundtrack song) it slayed, and I love her singing in spanish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkPb_kwUYeI

Better late than never, I guess.

Her debut doesn't do much for me, but I like the singles. My mom kept a copy of Stripped in her car, and we played it over and over for years. It's definitely my favorite album of hers. "Make Over" >

Back to Basics was a cute concept, and had a handful of really great songs - I'm still in love with "Makes Me Wanna Bow" - but the songs tend to run together and it's kind of boring overall.

I also still love "Keeps Gettin' Better", even though it was a complete and total rip-off of Goldfrapp's "Strict Machine". I feel like "Genie 2.0" and "You Are What You Are" are so underrated. They're not better the originals imo, but they're good for what they are. It's a shame I never hear anything about them anymore.

"Falling in Love Again" is probably my favorite recording of hers. I wish Bionic sounded more like that instead. That album was so underwhelming to me. There isn't a single song on it that excites or even moves me the slightest. "You Lost Me" and "Lift Me Up" are probably the highlights for me.

I'm more of a casual fan than I used to be, but I'm still rooting for her.

Better late than never, I guess.

Her debut doesn't do much for me, but I like the singles. My mom kept a copy of Stripped in her car, and we played it over and over for years. It's definitely my favorite album of hers. "Make Over" >

Back to Basics was a cute concept, and had a handful of really great songs - I'm still in love with "Makes Me Wanna Bow" - but the songs tend to run together and it's kind of boring overall.

I also still love "Keeps Gettin' Better", even though it was a complete and total rip-off of Goldfrapp's "Strict Machine". I feel like "Genie 2.0" and "You Are What You Are" are so underrated. They're not better the originals imo, but they're good for what they are. It's a shame I never hear anything about them anymore.

"Falling in Love Again" is probably my favorite recording of hers. I wish Bionic sounded more like that instead. That album was so underwhelming to me. There isn't a single song on it that excites or even moves me. "You Lost Me" and "Lift Me Up" are good though.

I'm more of a casual fan than I used to be, but I'm still rooting for her.

You know what, the debut dont do much for me either, I LOVE Genie in a bottle & Come on over more for nostalgic feelings (both were allll over every MTV show, and the videos were all over the place) but that 1st ablum really only had a handfull of good songs, and listening last night, I think I would still include genie in a bottle in that (I thought it was funny that she had a lil bit of the Britney voice with the "I'm a genie in a bottle babay" part)

Stripped does not sound like 2002 to me at all, it dont sound 10 years old. Honestly I think if dirty came out this year.......SHIT WOULD BE #1 ALL OVA THE PLACE and the media would've embraced it, and...shit lol I KNOW itd be huge today. And I've been saying it since it flopped and people (the media) was trashing it, I say it was the RIGHT song at the wrong time.

I LOVE KEEPS GETTIN BETTER TOO. I gotta include that in that in the poll because the rule is if a GH's album or soundtrack has at least 3 new songs, it can be included, so I'll get on that. Those 4 songs were great.

But I meant more so with the singles perfromances, Im so shocked how bad her singles have done, considering...2003, it was a 3 way tie of all 3 of them being overplayed on the radio. But ever since the DC group change up, Bey has had controversy and rumors follow her and support her. And Christina has always been a overall performer too, like I think her dance moves are a bit more technical, overlooked but she puts on a good show too. So I think the negative press on Brit & Bey played a big part too. I wish she did have their success, but she, and Brit & Bey are all 30 and its midlife in the industry, but still young enough for some last hoorahs. Im DYING to hear the new album, cause you KNOW its gonna be different and unpredictable. And who knows how it'll do, promo's never been a problem of hers except with Bionic (I'd say). Im glad she dropped a song this year (even tho its a soundtrack song) it slayed, and I love her singing in spanish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkPb_kwUYeI

But Beyonce had radio-friendly pop songs like Crazy In Love, Single Ladies, Irreplaceable. This is coming from a huge Beyonce fan but there's no way she could sing a song like Beautiful or You Lost Me and have it come across as genuine because what she lacks in her voice is emotion and Xtina has that.

Could you post some of Xtinas dancing (aside form Dirty?) because I don't know it too well. I remember her Burlesque X Factor Performance and wasn't too impressed.

But Beyonce had radio-friendly pop songs like Crazy In Love, Single Ladies, Irreplaceable. This is coming from a huge Beyonce fan but there's no way she could sing a song like Beautiful or You Lost Me and have it come across as genuine because what she lacks in her voice is emotion and Xtina has that.

Could you post some of Xtinas dancing (aside form Dirty?) because I don't know it too well. I remember her Burlesque X Factor Performance and wasn't too impressed.

Exactly, thats what Im saying that I think the media was rooting for Christina to go for more poppy/cute songs (tho I also consider Crazy In Love by definition a epic 1st single, but it was still softer than Dirty in comparison) but she went for deeper, darker, raw, and substance, when she didnt have too

(my fave is when she's wearing the white and dancing on the steps starting @ 1:16, she killed that)

I literally just found these, for the most part they pretty much show what I mean, basically what I think she has over Bey in the dance field is speed and precision.

(

nobody here has said that maybe Xtina's attitude affected her career negatively, from the tea I got, she a bitch and that will not get you too far :filenails:

Because its really not a factor, I've heard the same name calling (bossy, bitch, diva, too controlling) about Bey, Britney, & Jessica, so I dont think that has anything to do with her sales, she's far from the 1st women to be called any of that and have success. I think that only matters before you have your hits, and are in the industry, if you get that reputation over time, its not unusual, and that was the case with the 3 of them, its not like Tamar, where your a diva/bitch and you dont even have the success to back it up.

Exactly, thats what Im saying that I think the media was rooting for Christina to go for more poppy/cute songs (tho I also consider Crazy In Love by definition a epic 1st single, but it was still softer than Dirty in comparison) but she went for deeper, darker, raw, and substance, when she didnt have too

(my fave is when she's wearing the white and dancing on the steps starting @ 1:16, she killed that)

I literally just found these, for the most part they pretty much show what I mean, basically what I think she has over Bey in the dance field is speed and precision.

(

I wasn't that impressed to be honest :lol:. She has rhythm though.

PS I'm totally feeling this remix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAqBcyynC7o

I wasn't that impressed to be honest :lol:. She has rhythm though.

PS I'm totally feeling this remix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAqBcyynC7o

:lol: Ah its ok, everything aint for everybody, you know watching a video about her & Brit's dancing side by side, I think Xtina had better more natural rhythm, and Brit had better moves, wheres I think Bey has great rhythm but she just lacks the speed & precision. But all 3 are beyond far from Janet tho lol.

OMG, I havent heard this remix in years, I like it alot too.

Archived