Donna Summer has died :(

Selz

Statement by the President on the Passing of Donna Summer

Michelle and I were saddened to hear about the passing of Donna Summer. A five-time Grammy Award winner, Donna truly was the “Queen of Disco.” Her voice was unforgettable, and the music industry has lost a legend far too soon. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Donna's family and her dedicated fans.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/05/17/statement-president-passing-donna-summer

wow... touching... :(

Nightline gave Donna Summer a respectable tribute, they covered her career, and her influence, the "queen of disco". My mother remembers her, I asked her twice today and she told me "she was fun, a good entertainer"....I asked how would you know you were too busy being preggars in the 70s :umm:

Statement by the President on the Passing of Donna Summer

Michelle and I were saddened to hear about the passing of Donna Summer. A five-time Grammy Award winner, Donna truly was the “Queen of Disco.” Her voice was unforgettable, and the music industry has lost a legend far too soon. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Donna's family and her dedicated fans.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/05/17/statement-president-passing-donna-summer

The Prez gave it up????? sho nuff? ...that's whats up :clapping: :clapping:

Summer kept cancer from manager

Donna Summer's former manager Joyce Trabulus was stunned by the disco diva's death on Thursday - because she had no idea the singer had been diagnosed with cancer.

The Hot Stuff hitmaker secretly battled lung cancer for 10 months, but only her family knew about the medical crisis.

And Trabulus, who looked after Summer at the height of her disco fame in the 1970s, insists the star showed no signs of illness when they last met up towards the end of last year.

But the manager reveals it was in the singer's nature to keep her personal troubles a secret.

In an interview on U.S. breakfast show Today on Friday, Trabulus said, "I was very surprised (to learn she had cancer). Shocked, really. And I understand why she didn't.

"She wanted privacy, she was a very private person and wanted to be with her family and I think she would not have had the opportunity to keep going with all the projects she was doing.

"No grass ever grew under Donna's feet, she was always doing something - working on a Broadway play, writing songs, writing a movie, and she wanted time to be with her family and do that. And also she was a woman of faith, so I think she put her faith in God and thought, 'I'm just gonna live my life'."

----

-_-

Summer kept cancer from manager

Donna Summer's former manager Joyce Trabulus was stunned by the disco diva's death on Thursday - because she had no idea the singer had been diagnosed with cancer.

The Hot Stuff hitmaker secretly battled lung cancer for 10 months, but only her family knew about the medical crisis.

And Trabulus, who looked after Summer at the height of her disco fame in the 1970s, insists the star showed no signs of illness when they last met up towards the end of last year.

But the manager reveals it was in the singer's nature to keep her personal troubles a secret.

In an interview on U.S. breakfast show Today on Friday, Trabulus said, "I was very surprised (to learn she had cancer). Shocked, really. And I understand why she didn't.

"She wanted privacy, she was a very private person and wanted to be with her family and I think she would not have had the opportunity to keep going with all the projects she was doing.

"No grass ever grew under Donna's feet, she was always doing something - working on a Broadway play, writing songs, writing a movie, and she wanted time to be with her family and do that. And also she was a woman of faith, so I think she put her faith in God and thought, 'I'm just gonna live my life'."

----

-_-

I just can't believe someone could really do that... Yes we all say it, but somehow we want people to know so they can give us love and show us their support... I always said if i had an illness that has no future i won't tell anyone, not even my family.. why worry them when nothing can be done anyway, but i don't think i actually could... i realy wonder if she knew that she couldn't be saved.. She always said she would sing till her last breath, and she did

today was a hard day for me.. It really kicked in and i have been holding back tears all day. the amount of news coverage around the world and the touching comments of stars and her albums on itunes WW comforts me a little, but i just can't believe i will never see her perform again. Last week we were discussing on the donna summer forum if she would be invited to the Whitney tribute and what songs she could really make a meal of... How things can change overnight...

I hope there will be some kind of tribute to her as well... She really deserves it

I just can't believe someone could really do that... Yes we all say it, but somehow we want people to know so they can give us love and show us their support... I always said if i had an illness that has no future i won't tell anyone, not even my family.. why worry them when nothing can be done anyway, but i don't think i actually could... i realy wonder if she knew that she couldn't be saved.. She always said she would sing till her last breath, and she did

today was a hard day for me.. It really kicked in and i have been holding back tears all day. the amount of news coverage around the world and the touching comments of stars and her albums on itunes WW comforts me a little, but i just can't believe i will never see her perform again. Last week we were discussing on the donna summer forum if she would be invited to the Whitney tribute and what songs she could really make a meal of... How things can change overnight...

I hope there will be some kind of tribute to her as well... She really deserves it

Some people don't want your pity so I get her not telling people