Why isn't higher education FREE in America?

downeaznboi

Education ....Gosh.... I have so many things to say about this, it's fucked up, first of all k-12 is broken to all hell, the kids coming up today will be the least educated ever. College, so many so-called schools/colleges have popped up and they are nothing but businesses that take yo money and leave you with no degree. You have to be able to get into a "good" college but that means being smarter than ever now, and the costs of a 4yeardegree are out of this world. God forbid you pick a degree you can't get a job with. All I can say is college is a game like so much else in life and you gotta play that shit to where you get something out of it, nothing worst than having a degree you can't do shit with. It's all fucked up. I see the future where we will have almost 2 classes of people very wealthy educated folks and very poor uneducated...almost no middle ground that's where shit is headed, so fucked up.

• Upvote 1

Because it would be even more fucked up and expensive. Why do people expect everything to be free? If you are a good student or low income, you can go for free in most states. Even if we ended the wars, we are in too much debt for something like this. What's next, free food, free cars, free homes, free clothes, free trips, free cable?

• Upvote 1

Education ....Gosh.... I have so many things to say about this, it's fucked up, first of all k-12 is broken to all hell, the kids coming up today will be the least educated ever. College, so many so-called schools/colleges have popped up and they are nothing but businesses that take yo money and leave you with no degree. You have to be able to get into a "good" college but that means being smarter than ever now, and the costs of a 4yeardegree are out of this world. God forbid you pick a degree you can't get a job with. All I can say is college is a game like so much else in life and you gotta play that shit to where you get something out of it, nothing worst than having a degree you can't do shit with. It's all fucked up. I see the future where we will have almost 2 classes of people very wealthy educated folks and very poor uneducated...almost no middle ground that's where shit is headed, so fucked up.

All of the above.

Because it would be even more fucked up and expensive. Why do people expect everything to be free? If you are a good student or low income, you can go for free in most states. Even if we ended the wars, we are in too much debt for something like this. What's next, free food, free cars, free homes, free clothes, free trips, free cable?

I resent this post on so many levels, why in America are we constantly being told "no you can't"? Why can't I get a good education at reasonable costs, when wealthy CEOs can steal everything from the company including the drapes, but no not little ole me, I'm just an average Joe who wants a slice of the pie we call the American Dream, it's too bad no one said the secret ingredient was shit. So you ask what's next? Well I will tell you what's next yes free food thanks to EBT and food assistance plenty of people shop for free food everyday, used to be shamed to pull out a bridge card but not anymore they will sit in their cars until midnight when that cash assistance hits the cards and be in that store getting all the free food they can. Free cars you say? Sure I know a lady so cash strapped her husband, a cop, decided to roll their brand new Malibu three times and totaled it, thanks insurance for paying off a bill we couldn't and thank you God for a man that can roll a car 3 fucking times and walk away without nay scratch that's police academy training at it's best. Free homes you say? I got those too, like Madonna give me a record and I will break it, plenty of folks sitting on homes they aint paid on in years but since the house aint worth shit anyway what's the bank gonna do? Free clothes? dayum str8 this back-to-school gig every year is the highlight of poverty, you show up to a donor center and they get you all squared away with supplies and all. Free trips? I say hell yea, you get a friend to front the cost and you promise to pay them back even though you aint had a job in like 4 fucking years, and sure they take you to court but Judge Mathis be like even in ruling in your favor there is no point in suing the broke. Free cable? Hell we been had dat, I download everything I wanna see in HD no less and just watch it thru my HDMI connect to the flat screen I got at Walmart, you do know they got everyday low prices right? They aint fucking around, I say holla if ya hear me

Because you're paying for the status symbol that is the degree, which will enable you to earn a higher income in the future.

Right? Bitches stay complaining about university debt like they've never heard of a part-time job. If you want free education, go to the library and read the books.

Like Bumita said, higher education isn't free in most places. It's more expensive in the UK now, but considerably cheaper than the US, but we get alot of government support and far leas pressure to repay. The fact that it cost more to do an associates degree at some colleges in the US than a bachelors at Oxford university is crazy. The higher education system in the U.S is extortionate.

Like Bumita said, higher education isn't free in most places. It's more expensive in the UK now, but considerably cheaper than the US, but we get alot of government support and far leas pressure to repay. The fact that it cost more to do an associates degree at some colleges in the US than a bachelors at Oxford university is crazy. The higher education system in the U.S is extortionate.

that's just taking advantage on the people who are comfortable making less money than 6-figures...

Yes.

Education, Food and Housing should be free.

I know this, but with the abundance of food in this country, it's crazy that many go without food.

and Game knows this, it's so weird when I go to like fancy school functions, and they serve great food, but people too cute to eat, and that stuff ends up going to the soup kitchen for the poor so at least it doesn't go to waste, I'm like shit they getting the rest of the prime rib :unsure:

and Game knows this, it's so weird when I go to like fancy school functions, and they serve great food, but people too cute to eat, and that stuff ends up going to the soup kitchen for the poor so at least it doesn't go to waste, I'm like shit they getting the rest of the prime rib :unsure:

I just don't understand why these resturant chains can't give their unused food to the poor. The amount of food that these places throw away :mellow:

I just don't understand why these resturant chains can't give their unused food to the poor. The amount of food that these places throw away :mellow:

I have a theory...maybe wrong, but lets say they did give the food away on a regular and the practice was widespread, I think most paying customers would resent that.