Do you consider being Cordial to someone you don't like being fake?

jarrylf

Is Cordial fake?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is Cordial fake?

• Yes
    • No

I was having a discussion with someone, similar to what me & Bu talked about the other day here, about how if I had a blog I'd report news about artist I didnt like, and if I were in the same room as them I'd be cordial to them.

My definition of being fake opposed to being cordial is acting like you love the person that you respect them and that you want to be friends or close to them

I call being cordial to someone you don't like being able to have a nice conversation with them, or at the very least being able to say hello without and not being anything but honestly sincere and nice about it, just being pleasant to the person.

Wheres my cousin calls that being fake, that if you don't like someone and they don't like you, yall supposed to not even look at each other, and if they do try to be nice to you you're supposed to call them out on being fake.

Basically it'a all opinion & perception but where do you guys stand with that?

No it's not fake. It's called having class and respect. There's plenty of people I don't like but when I see them and there's no way to avoid them I will say hi, ask them how they are, wish them a good day and go about my business...Or I'll just say hi and go about my business. I won't go "Bitch fuck off outta my face" or anything because that rude, confrontational...

• Upvote 4

No it's not fake. It's called having class and respect. There's plenty of people I don't like but when I see them and there's no way to avoid them I will say hi, ask them how they are, wish them a good day and go about my business...Or I'll just say hi and go about my business. I won't go "Bitch fuck off outta my face" or anything because that rude, confrontational...

This 100%

PREACH, I promise you it's not just celebs for me, theres people in my fucking family who I do not like, some know I dont and some don't, but yea it's like I can't get with people thinking that because you don't like someone you can NEVER EVER talk to them politely, honestly, & respectfully.

This. If we can't be polite in someone's face what do we have?

I don't particularly like my team leader but I'm civil and respectful to her. I've been snappish if she catch me on an off-day but if I'm checking myself I'll be polite to her.

It's a little thing, but am I the only 1 who LOVES having a good conversation with someone you don't like, like it doesn't mean you like them or love them, but you just have a good moment. I absolutely love that, and it's like you can walk away still not liking the person but you had a good exchange.

Thats happened with me and a few friends/relatives I don't care for, but I always wondered if I was the only 1 who gets a good kick out of it lol.

If it's clear that the both of us don't like each other then yes, I'd consider it fake. I'd be indifferent to the situation otherwise.

exactly.....I was (another story) at the Taco House right, my mom wanted Tacos and I knew she don't like Taco Bell, so anywho I walk in and our old neighbor was there with her BF, and hadn't seen her in awhile and she tells her BF "that's the other son" and he goes "oh oh oh ...ohhhhhh" and I'm standing there like...wtf you mean the other son? and ohh ohhh...as in the gay one? Girl get yo life wit yo fake "hi john" ass ...Im not here for that

Are we talking about driving, or :unsure:

If I know they have an issue with me then they'll probably give me wrong directions on purpose. :rolleyes::lol:

I think actually saying "hello" is just part of approaching someone then it is a matter of being cordial or fake. Going out of my way to make polite conversation other than just "hello" is just that, going out of my way. It's not necessary.

If I enter a room full of people I like and one that I don't, it's more natural for me to skip them during greeting rather than pretend to care. If they say hi first I'm not gonna be rude and ignore them but it wouldn't be natural for me to initiate the exchange. I'd leave that to them.

• Upvote 1

Umm no.. I do it all the time. It's called being a public figure..

For example.. I don't like Angie.. But every night we make passionate love.. Does that mean I'm being fake? :blink:

yes when you penetrate poon and you would rather have peen you are being VERY fake, but alas....no one here really expected you to understand that -_-

If I know they have an issue with me then they'll probably give me wrong directions on purpose. :rolleyes::lol:

I think actually saying "hello" is just part of approaching someone then it is a matter of being cordial or fake. Going out of my way to make polite conversation other than just "hello" is just that, going out of my way. It's not necessary.

If I enter a room full of people I like and one that I don't, it's more natural for me to skip them during greeting rather than pretend to care. If they say hi first I'm not gonna be rude and ignore them but it wouldn't be natural for me to initiate the exchange. I'd leave that to them.

THAT

No it's called being an adult. This is not some housewives shit.

I really do fear that because of alot of reality stars and " Celebrity Twitter fueds" kids can think that you just be a straight up ass to everyone you don't like, you don't ignore, you don't be cordial, you be a flat out asshole. But as a society it seems we are sadly losing the "Please" & "Thankyou's" with just manners in general

Well see I see ignoring, yet if spoken to politely and returning polite words as still being cordial. Like I said personally I only consider being fake the other person not knowing that you don't like them AND you want them to think they're a close friend to you, or just a close person, and in reality you don't like them. Now theres people in my life who don't know I don't like them, BUT I don't put myself off on them like I consider them close to me or simply like I do like them.

• Upvote 1

I pretty much agree with the first part of this statement if it's in professional/work/office type setting, other wise I really don't think (actually I wouldn't) I'd pay them any mind. I wouldn't even acknowledge them.

How so? I can't see myself in one.

What about in the setting I just described?