The Official Alicia Keys Thread

TwistedElegance™

Brilliant Brilliant album!!! I'm just in love with it. I'm glad she has fewer tracks than normal. Less is sometimes better. But this album is just so strong to me.

Her work with Emeli is HAWT!!! They're like Quincy and MJ or Jan and JJ/TL.

................How did we have an entire "voice our generation" discussion and treat Alicia like she was Leona or Nicole and completely forget her. I say she's DEFINITELY 1 of the best vocalist in the last 10 years. And like shes the inbetween with Bey & Christina. She's not predictable or safe like Christina isn't, and she slays live majority of the time like Bey. And she has the sales and she has the musical giants loving her like Christina & Bey does, HELL THE BITCH RECORDED SONGS WITH CHRISTINA & BEY LOL, She is a boss and force

• Upvote 1

I think Alicia can be very hit or miss with live vocals to be honest - a lot of the time she can sound very hoarse and tired. However I do love her voice! I think she can pretty much sing anything. Blues, R&B, Reggae, Rock, club, Disco - she's done it all tbh

I think Alicia can be very hit or miss with live vocals to be honest - a lot of the time she can sound very hoarse and tired. However I do love her voice! I think she can pretty much sing anything. Blues, R&B, Reggae, Rock, club, Disco - she's done it all tbh

I think like Christina she's more hit & miss nowdays versus how she was live for the 1st 3 albums. But yea thats what I'm saying, she's DEFINITELY WITH (Not above or below because like I said logically they both plain and simply are) Christina & Bey in that title of a voice of a generation, and like both of them I dont think she's a voice of THIS 2010- generation, but more so in the 2000-2009 generation.

I think like Christina she's more hit & miss nowdays versus how she was live for the 1st 3 albums. But yea thats what I'm saying, she's DEFINITELY WITH (Not above or below because like I said logically they both plain and simply are) Christina & Bey in that title of a voice of a generation, and like both of them I dont think she's a voice of THIS 2010- generation, but more so in the 2000-2009 generation.

She's definitely hit or miss lately. I wasn't sure why at first but even when she talks she's very deep and hoarse - and after watching the stream yesterday this girl is constantly screaming and shouting with excitement when she explains things she likes LOL! I think the 2000-2009 generation had 3 voices tbh. Christina, beyonce (more so later with Bey) and Alicia. But 2010- I would say Beyonce is leading. Wait - jarryl lets not start this again LOL. It's a good morning and I don't want to debate Bey LOL.

As for this album...have you heard Brand New Me and that King song? The songs I think you'll like for sure:

Brand New Me

Fire We Make ft Maxwell (I swear this should be a Prince and Janet song)

Tears Always Win (a slowed down Teenage Love Affair imo)

Not Even King

That's When I Knew (old school Songs In A Minor/Diary Alicia)

One Thing (feels like a lil Jill to me)

She's definitely hit or miss lately. I wasn't sure why at first but even when she talks she's very deep and hoarse - and after watching the stream yesterday this girl is constantly screaming and shouting with excitement when she explains things she likes LOL! I think the 2000-2009 generation had 3 voices tbh. Christina, beyonce (more so later with Bey) and Alicia. But 2010- I would say Beyonce is leading. Wait - jarryl lets not start this again LOL. It's a good morning and I don't want to debate Bey LOL.

As for this album...have you heard Brand New Me and that King song? The songs I think you'll like for sure:

Brand New Me

Fire We Make ft Maxwell (I swear this should be a Prince and Janet song)

Tears Always Win (a slowed down Teenage Love Affair imo)

Not Even King

That's When I Knew (old school Songs In A Minor/Diary Alicia)

One Thing (feels like a lil Jill to me)

...........DEEP HARD :sigh: , OK , putting my dislike for Bey asside Out of the 3 of them, Bey does have more comercial success in the post 2010 generation (for now lol,I'm not rulling out that Christina can't pull a Mariah Emancipation move at 35, because if you look at their careers it's almost the same at this age, flop movie, 2 flop albums, and whats next is the comeback album, tho this album shouldn'tve flopped). But singles chart wise all 3 of them are in the same boat.some higher than others but the same boat as in their core fanbase arent particularly these kids today. Wheres in 03 All 3 of them were MEGA. Undenyably the 3 of them are this generations Aretha (Christina), Patti (Alicia), & Diana (Bey). And Whitney (Alicia), Mariah (Christina) & Toni (Bey) (I gave Bey both girls who came from girl grops). And regardless of who has more than the other and who can do more, as of right now all 3 of them are forces and in Iconic territory, and will be viewed as such for generations to come ....see this is Jarryl not bored and wanting to fight over Bey............the alcohol helps, but the important thing is you're seeing he exists :coffee:

................How did we have an entire "voice our generation" discussion and treat Alicia like she was Leona or Nicole and completely forget her. I say she's DEFINITELY 1 of the best vocalist in the last 10 years. And like shes the inbetween with Bey & Christina. She's not predictable or safe like Christina isn't, and she slays live majority of the time like Bey. And she has the sales and she has the musical giants loving her like Christina & Bey does, HELL THE BITCH RECORDED SONGS WITH CHRISTINA & BEY LOL, She is a boss and force

This was a joke, right? I've never though she could sing and now she yells as much as Straintina.

This was a joke, right? I've never though she could sing and now she yells as much as Straintina.

Yea but thats your opinion, worldwide & critically she's recognized as 1 of the best singers/songwriters in the last 10 years. I mean its alright that you don't think so, but her stats say otherwise :coffee: