The Official Alicia Keys Thread

TwistedElegance™

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Keep A Child Alive Raises $4 Million For HIV/AIDS

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1511344

Alicia Keys Red Carpet Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_quXqgkKGjA

Alicia Keys & Priyanka Chopra (Miss World 2000 and Bollywood Actress)

priyanka-5_660_110913110609.jpg

Zendaya, Pharrell, Maxwell, Clive Davis, Robinson Cano, Tamia, Grant Hill, Anthony Mackie, Gayle King, Jeanette Jenkins, Carole King, Kathleen Battle, Chris Daughtry, Padma Lakshmi, Laura Mvula, Tommy Hilfiger, Rachel Crow, and Lala Anthony were also there...links to more pictures are below!

http://www.justjared...lack-ball-2013/

http://www.huffingto..._n_4239851.html

• 4 weeks later...

She has some great fucking songs... I cannot get into her first album at all.. just the singles.. the 2nd album.. high spins.. I owned the album..

The Diary of Alicia Keys:

1. Karma
  2. Heartburn
  3. If I Ain't Got You
  4. If I was Your Woman
  5. Diary
  6. Dragon Days
  7. So Simple

As I Am

1. No One
  2. Like You'll Never See Me Again
  3. Lesson Learned w/ John Mayer :wub:
  4. Wreckless Love
  5. The Thing About Love
  6. Teenage Love Affair
  7. I Need you
  8. Sure Looks Good To Me

The Element of Freedom

1. Love Is Blind
  2. Doesn't Mean Anything
  3. Try Sleeping
  4. Wait Til You See My Smile
  5. That's How Strong My Love Is
  6. Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready) feat. Drake
  7. How It Feels To Fly
  8. Empire State (kinda)
  9. Pray For Forgiveness

Girl On Fire:

1. Brand New Me
  2. Girl On Fire feat. Nicki Minaj
  3. Tears Always Win
  4. Not Even The King [Game]

Songs In A Minor: I like Fallin (and the Ali Version), Juciest, Typewriter, Troubles, Rock With U, Why Do I Feel So Sad, Girlfriend and The Life. She does a sexier, groovier version of A Woman's Worth that has parts of Another Way To Die in it on the Set The World On Fire Tour and THAT made me like the song.

The Diary Of Alicia Keys: You Don't Know My Name, Heartburn, Diary, Slow Down, Wake Up, So Simple, If I Was Your Woman, and Dragon Days. I prefer Karma live. I love how she mixes Diary with Tender Love and Let Me Love You Down in concert.

Unplugged: Unbreakable gives me life. Every Little Bit Hurts is cute. Wild Horses would have been better if Adam Levine wasn't so whiny.

As I Am: This album grew on me the most. I didn't like any of the singles except for LYNSMA, but this year, I fell in love with the entire album. The best tracks are Tell You Something, Lesson Learned, Go Ahead, and Wreckless Love.

The Element Of Freedom: Definitely her best work! I like every track, but Pray For Forgiveness is the best song on this album and probably the best song she's ever recorded.

Girl On Fire: I looooove the title track (all three versions), Brand New Me, When It's All Over, Listen To Your Heart, New Day, That's When I Knew, Fire We Make and Tears Always Win. The second half of the album gets a little uninteresting for me.

• 3 months later...

Alicia Keys joins forces with music super heroes Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell Williams on “It’s On Again” for The Amazing Spider-Man 2. A 30-second snippet of the upbeat, yet foreboding closing number, produced by Pharrell, has surfaced via Amazon.

“This is the next chapter in the Spider-Man legacy and we really feel ‘It’s On Again’ captures the experience, the story—and most importantly—the meaning behind the film, which is that we all have the potential to be extraordinary,” said Alicia. “There’s a little bit of a Super Hero in all of us.”

The soundtrack arrives April 22 featuring another song from Pharrell (“Here”), while the film opens in U.S. theaters on May 2.

Preview Alicia’s blockbuster collaboration below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIzQWavkBOc

Sounds pretty average from the snippet. Looking forward to the full release.

• 4 weeks later...

The official video released last week!

Wasn't sold on this song at first but after watching the movie I just fucking love it - I love the whole score for the movie tbh. Hans Zimmer!! I'm obsessed with the song right now.

Shes been working on an album for a few months, coming out this year.

I need some hard hitting, gritty, uptempo music. No more watered down empowerment poetry!

So Xmas release?

Her last album was pretty weak... a handful of good songs.. Element of Freedom is probably her best album to date.. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us

No official word, but Im betting on a November release.

TEOF is her best work and has the best flow of all her albums. GOF is strong in the first half. She, like many artists, has some unreleased jams/remixes that need to be on albums.