The Official Alicia Keys Thread

TwistedElegance™

Yea but thats your opinion, worldwide & critically she's recognized as 1 of the best singers/songwriters in the last 10 years. I mean its alright that you don't think so, but her stats say otherwise :coffee:

Stats and sells would also make Britney one of the greatest singers as well

Stats and sells would also make Britney one of the greatest singers as well

BAHAHAHA Thats funny, what stats praises Britney's voice? The answer only her stans. Stats credit her as a performer which she was, but NEVER her vocals, come correct or don't bother. Where's on the other hand much to your dismay Alicia Keys is a worldwide praised vocalist. And is undoubtedly a voice of a generation.

I LOVE the new album to me it's not as good as Element, but its better than As I am to me, so thats great

Tracks:

Brand new me= C, I like it, LOVE the lyrics ("betta watch out for ego" yup), but it might not stick with me, it's nothing really special besides the lyrics.

When It's All Over= B+, I like it, its so original & unique, I like the sound, and the way she sounds and the background and how they don't quite mix but they do...I like

Listen To Your Heart= A, I LOVE IT, her tone is so hot, and the backing music, I love it, I could see Janet slaying this song. It's so summer.

New Day= B+

Girl On Fire (Inferno version)= F (DON'T LIKE THE INFERNO VERSION! it desserves a D, but Nicki makes it a F)

Fire We Make= A+ BU NAILED IT WITH THIS BITCH PRETTY MUCH STEALING JANET & MAXWELLS LONG OVERDUE DUET!!! LOL, this song slays they both killed it, and she is plain & simple giving me Janet in them vocals, she knew what she was doing. See she gave me Janet, but also classic Alicia too. I could see this being on the debut.

Tears Always Win=D, meh, I'm just not crazy about the beat or the flow, maybe it'll grow on me

Not Even The King= C, I like it, I love the lyrics, it's really simple, just her & the piano. But it's not memerable enough, has potential to grow on me or be forgotten

That's When i knew=C, what I said above

Limitedless=A, HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I LOVE THIS, this has a Regge/Indian/pop sound I LOVE IT ON HER, GIVE ME MA DIVERSITY!

One Thing=B, I LOVE the vocals, and I like the beat.

101=A YES! I think this is her best ballad, her voice and the piano alone, and she's giving me SOUUUUL,.............AND THEN THE SONG GIVES ME LIFE, I thought it was over, then the beat is higher and harder, and she's "IM IN NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" HOT!

I give this album a B+, I gave Element a A, & As I am a C, so yea thats about where I put this 1.

My ranking

1.Diary

2.The Element Of Freedom

3.Songs In A Minor

3.Girl On Fire

4.Unplugged

5.As I am

I'm torn between whether I like it more than her debut or not

It definitely doesn't have memorable tracks her previous 2 had...like Unthinkable, Empire, Lesson Learned etc. But I feel like it's a solid body of work. And it flows really well too. Funnily enough the song Girl on Fire has grown on me a lot :lol:. It's one of the few songs I can stand Nicki on.

To me - my favourites are

Brand New Me

Listen To Your Heart (why do I feel like Drake is going to hope on a remix?)

New Day

Fire We Make

Tears Always Win

That's When I Knew (It really reminds me of Goodbye interms of melody/music etc)

101 (The Hallelujah "reprise" took me by surprise too :lmao:!! I was like Awww such a beautiful end...and them BAM this big crescendo begins lol).

Honestly her chemistry with Emeli is HAWT!! It's got me thinking that Emeli is the UK's Alicia :lol:. :wub:

She said she worked with Miguel on this album but I don't see him on the lyrics credits :S

• Upvote 1

To me - my favourites are

Brand New Me

Listen To Your Heart (why do I feel like Drake is going to hope on a remix?)

New Day

Fire We Make

Tears Always Win

That's When I Knew (It really reminds me of Goodbye interms of melody/music etc)

101 (The Hallelujah "reprise" took me by surprise too :lmao:!! I was like Awww such a beautiful end...and them BAM this big crescendo begins lol).

Honestly her chemistry with Emeli is HAWT!! It's got me thinking that Emeli is the UK's Alicia :lol:. :wub:

She said she worked with Miguel on this album but I don't see him on the lyrics credits :S

I THOUGHT THE MUTHA FUCKIN SONG WAS OVER!!! In fact if I wasn't typing on here, I would've turned my player off.....and then the music came and I'm like "THE FUCK!!!?I thought that was the last song....ooooh I like dis!"

Alicia Keys 1st Week album sales predictions are in

Shockingly, Alicia Keys is set to encounter the lowest first week sales of her career with new album ‘Girl on Fire.

‘Girl on Fire’ is on course to enter the Billboard 200 at #1 next week with sales of 150-175k copies. Such numbers showcase a huge decline from the 417k units that her last album ‘The Element of Freedom’ sold when it debuted at #2 on the chart in December 2009.

Even her debut album ‘Songs in A Minor’ (previously her lowest first week album seller) did better having amassed 236k copies during its first week on the Billboard 200 in June 2001. That album went on to sell over 6.3 million copies in the States overall. It’s been a very bad year for R&B acts this year. Damn.

Alicia doesn't have the presence in pop culture that she once did, so its expected that her sells would eventually start to decline. Plus, her latest single is not blowing up the way her label expected. To be honest, she's lucky to be selling the #s she's selling. That speaks to her loyal fanbase

• Upvote 1