Linda Perry Is Not Impressed With Beyoncé’s ‘Songwriting

Shawn1814

Back to the topic... I'm not watching 22 minutes of Beyonce

When people say "writer" they mean composer (which is basically the same thing)... When Beyonce said she "wrote" that song for her fans, she wasn't talking about arrangement or melody..

There are some songs I'm sure she did compose.. And there are some songs she didn't but got credit from it by changing a few things...

Lately, she's been composing :coffee:

Beyonce said she wrote "Irreplaceable" ONCE in the spare of the moment at a concert. Before that she had also gave him credit as shown in the video and he's also in the album credits. What more credit does she need to give?

And you should watch the video if you wanna know what you're taking about. :umm:

Just like Rihanna had credits on almost every song on "Rated R" but yet when the demos hit the internet the songs were EXACTLY the same as her rendition on the album :lmao:

But she never claimed to have written a song solely..and then get called out on it.  Also, she always thanks her TEAM and rarely uses "I" but "we"..

As voodoo pointed out, this is a business..and all artists can't do every damn thing..they have a team of producers, writers, choreographers, etc. that helps make things happen.

• Upvote 1

But she never claimed to have written a song solely..and then get called out on it. Also, she always thanks her TEAM and rarely uses "I" but "we"..

As voodoo pointed out, this is a business..and all artists can't do every damn thing..they have a team of producers, writers, choreographers, etc. that helps make things happen.

I knew you would be in here. :rolleyes:

And you're right. Beyonce never claimed to do everything either luv.

Beyoncé can barely gather her thoughts and articulate her feelings during interviews, why on earth would anybody believe she writes her songs?!.... :umm:

This. 

Ne-Yo then clarified Beyonce changed some harmonies on 'Irreplaceable' which transformed it so he gave her a writer's credit because in his words, "that's writing."

So yeah, gossip.

That's called back tracking to make sure you're guaranteed a spot on the next project. :rolleyes: lol 

There are many things you can defend her on as a stan (I suppose), but songwriting simply isn't one of them. Y'all just need to let that one go.  :umm:  lol 

• Upvote 1

This.

That's called back tracking to make sure you're guaranteed a spot on the next project. :rolleyes: lol

There are many things you can defend her on as a stan (I suppose), but songwriting simply isn't one of them. Y'all just need to let that one go. :umm: lol

I'll take the word of ASCAP and the artists who have written with Beyonce over you and Linda Perry who haven't.

• Upvote 2

I'll take the word of ASCAP and the artists who have written with Beyonce over you and Linda Perry who haven't.

She got that award during the DC years. Her true contributions as a "songwriter" then and now are debatable. It also doesn't help your argument when you can find demos online that sound almost identical to the final track she supposedly "wrote" on. The same tracks she has previously spoken in depth about writing. Not just adding elements to the song (harmonies, arrangements, etc) but actually writing the song (lyrics and all). 

It makes you question everything she's credited as a songwriter on.

Sometimes you just have to count your losses and move on.  -_- lol

She got that award during the DC years. Her true contributions as a "songwriter" then and now are debatable. It also doesn't help your argument when you can find demos online that sound almost identical to the final track she supposedly "wrote" on. The same tracks she has previously spoken in depth about writing. Not just adding elements to the song (harmonies, arrangements, etc) but actually writing the song (lyrics and all).

It makes you question everything she's credited as a songwriter on.

Sometimes you just have to count your losses and move on. -_- lol

And? She was a co-writer in the DC days just as she's a co-writer now. Good enough for ASCAP, good enough to make Billboard's Top 20 Songwriters 2000-Present, but not good enough for you.

Which demos has she spoken in depth about writing, lyrics and all? Please provide examples.

And what losses am I counting? Beyonce, her credits, and her songwriting awards remain intact and unbothered.

• Upvote 2

And? She was a co-writer in the DC days just as she's a co-writer now. Good enough for ASCAP, good enough to make Billboard's Top 20 Songwriters 2000-Present, but not good enough for you.

Which demos has she spoken in depth about writing, lyrics and all? Please provide examples.

And what losses am I counting? Beyonce, her credits, and her songwriting awards remain intact and unbothered.

tumblr_m6jxxgbQkN1r0yup9.gif

• Upvote 1