One joke on 106 & Park about Blue Ivy causes MAJOR Controversy

janetDAYZ

There's no real need to do anything rather than to shampoo your hair. Just as long she's healthy there should be no issue.

Yea but you know that's not enough for the public & the media, like I said they got on Angelina and Madge over the same things, but you're right. 

Most people talking about Blue are never having kids with through those barren uterus' and worn assholes. Sit down bitches.

And you know this how? Many people who are talking about it already have kids

I think Beyonce is. Trying to make a statement by not doing her hair but honestly, she can try to do something with it.. Anything!

Beyonce ain't trying to make no statement. Why her hair ain't like Blue Ivy's then? Let's not lol

There's no real need to do anything rather than to shampoo your hair. Just as long she's healthy there should be no issue.

Exactly. As long as her hair is healthy then it doesn't matter what style she has it in. To me, it looks like they just wash and condition it then let it take the form of its natural 'fro. Maybe neither she nor her parents want to put her in those typical styles. Who cares? They're obviously doing something right since her hair looks to be steadily growing and healthy. She's a little black girl wearing her natural curls and coils how she was born with them. People need to get over it, and get off Beyoncé's back.

• Upvote 1

If Beyonce was not well.. Beyonce but an ordinary person who spent a large amount of money on getting her hair done fresh every day but let their baby's hair go unkempt they would get dragged. So, people need to learn how to take a joke.

There's a way to go natural and not be neglectful. 

• Upvote 1

If Beyonce was not well.. Beyonce but an ordinary person who spent a large amount of money on getting her hair done fresh every day but let their baby's hair go unkempt they would get dragged. So, people need to learn how to take a joke.

There's a way to go natural and not be neglectful. 

exactly. I'm not here for excuses for anyone's baby let alone a celebrities baby to go around in public with their hair all over the place and not at least brushed

Point blank:

1) The Beytards are doing too much as usual

2) 106 & Park shouldn't be canceled because the host pissed off a sponser

3) Beyonce put her hair in every day but can't comb her daughter's hair? I get the whole "natural" look but you're Beyonce... Your daughter isn't an accessory or tool to use.. She's a human.. and humans should comb their hair especially if they're worth more than $20k

4) it's BeyJay's decision and we all have to respect her parenting skills 

• Upvote 2

Forgive my ignorance but is hair - particularly black hair - an issue in the US? I honestly can't believe this baby's hair is a talking point.

Very much, it's very much apart of our culture, and it's mostly our culture who does the criticising, we are a people who believe in "looking good at all times and all costs" I don't agree with that, like I'll have my opinion on peoples hair and how it's done but I won't go nuts over what I don't agree with when it comes to looks, because it's not my business, but as a culture we have a "if that person looks bad, we all look bad" mentality I hate. Hair goes pretty deep with this on both sexes, real, fake, natural, colored, relaxed, long, short it'll always be discussed &/or ridiculed 1 way or another. 

Point blank:

1) The Beytards are doing too much as usual

2) 106 & Park shouldn't be canceled because the host pissed off a sponser

3) Beyonce put her hair in every day but can't comb her daughter's hair? I get the whole "natural" look but you're Beyonce... Your daughter isn't an accessory or tool to use.. She's a human.. and humans should comb their hair especially if they're worth more than $20k

4) it's BeyJay's decision and we all have to respect her parenting skills 

End of discussion

• Upvote 1

My random 2 cents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzZokbjjAzI

You have really nice teeth!

I don't think that Beyonce should get a pass as a celebrity.  People talk about other celebrity parents parental skills all the time.  This wasn't a dig at Blue. It was a dig at Beyonce and Jay-Z.  Was it a bit offensive -- yes, but a lot of jokes are. It's no different than if David Letterman did a top 10 of things Michael Jackson kids thought while on the trip to the zoo and said "I can't see anything because I have to wear these burqa's over my head."  but the difference is that everyone would laugh and not think anything of it.  I think people need to stop being so sensitive about Beyonce or celebrities in general.  If we can pay them hundreds of millions of dollars, they can take a joke or two of public scrutiny.

I agree that Chris's girl handled the situation terribly.  As you stated she could have grew a backbone and said I'm not saying this joke. However, she could have also grew a backbone and just apologized, if she felt the need to, without throwing her employer under the bus.  By placing the blame on some unidentifiable BET producer/intern/worker, it basically throws a red flag up not only to that network but to other networks as well that as a personality when she comes under a little bit of fire, she won't be able to take it and will turn on them.  Either route requires her to have a backbone, which she clearly doesn't have and which is why she will be relegated to being Chris' down bitch.

Finally, I think that 106 and Park is still a much needed vehicle on BET, much like I think new programming such as The Keke Palmer show is needed. I don't particularly think that 106 and Park was ever really about the videos like TRL was as much as it was a microcosm of a  particular section of African American culture. Such a vehicle is needed particularly in light of issues in race so that they can be discussed in a format that is geared towards a younger audience.  I know that as a student in boarding school I was religious about watching 106 and Park.  I had an agreement with the white girls, I watched 106 & Park uninterrupted; they watched ANTM and The Notebook and Mean girls on endless loop uninterrupted.  :w00t:

• Upvote 1

Black hair is an anomaly. Our texture is starkly different from those of other races. Just the simple task of straightening hair can take 30 minutes on a white woman and three hours on a black woman. And what does it matter to you if Blue does her hair or not? She's two years old let her live!

And how is make up false advertising? We're not responsible for stupid boys who think gold eyelids are real.

People always criticize girls who wear weave. They think only black girls wear weave which is a damn lie cause we all seen those pics of Britney Spears and her busted weave. Black women are ALWAYS unfairly criticized for their hair.

• Upvote 2

Yup. Black women are unfairly criticized for our hair all the time. 

BvSJCfYIQAMeySw.jpg

Yeah, this pretty much sums up a lot of it. What breaks my heart, though, is that black women themselves contribute to this heavily. Natural girls saying those things to girls with weaves and girls with perms, and both of them to the natural girl. There's some self-loathing and outside pressure that causes it, but it's still very upsetting to see. 

• Upvote 3

Exactly. They don't want to admit to the fact that they subconsciously succumb to the notion that in order to look presentable or to make other people feel comfortable you have to "whiten yourself up". Which sucks because hair is supposed to be fun! Let people rock any style they want! I love seeing different hairstyles on people. What's the fun in uniformity? People need to stop tearing each other down and let them express themselves.

• Upvote 2