Beyoncé ft Dixie Chicks - "Daddy Lessons" Live at Country Music Awards

bu.

Beyoncé Slays the Country Music Awards—A Political Statement Unto Itself

Beyoncé blessed the CMAs with controversy, artistry, and crucial viewers. And of course she made us wait for it. In the hours leading up to Beyoncé’s performance, which most fans expected to kick off the show, the CMAs’ Twitter hashtag was a pissed off Beyhive of Beyoncé diehards who couldn’t believe that they were actually suffering through the CMAs. If Beyoncé’s ulterior motive was making sure the entire world got very familiar with co-host Carrie Underwood, then mission accomplished.

But then, finally, she appeared. Because this is Beyoncé, her collaboration with the Dixie Chicks wasn’t lacking in showmanship. Bey sported a glittery white-beaded jumpsuit, with cleavage down to there and huge sleeves puffed to the gods. Perhaps fearing that her show onesie was too subtle, she topped that all off with a thick collar of pearls. Visually, the stage was arresting—Beyoncé and her musicians and back-up singers dressed in white, with the Dixie Chicks outfitted all in black. The ensuing rendition of “Daddy Lessons” was country to its core. The acoustic cover featured a pared-down, relaxed Beyoncé—a far cry from her famously precise and demanding performances. She put on her country charm, encouraging band members to “play that thing,” and exhorting members of the crowd to put their hands together. Multiple times throughout the performance, she even appeared to be blowing kisses at someone in the audience. As Bey and the Dixie Chicks sang for their native Texas, their Southern sensibilities shined through every aspect of the performance, from a saxophonist in cowboy boots to Beyoncé’s vocal drawl. By the end of the song Bey had hardly even gyrated her hips, as she and the country trio warbled their way towards a big a capella finish. Then, instead of fixing the crowd with a glare or vanishing in a cloud of white smoke, Beyoncé sweetly hugged every Dixie Chick and walked herself offstage.

As soon as the CMA news broke, people began speculating that this might be the perfect—not to mention most controversial—platform for Bey to take a political stand. While Beyoncé has never been on Katy Perry’s level, it’s easy to guess who she’ll be casting her vote for come Election Day (who are we kidding, Bey absentee ballots all the way). As the election and/or Armageddon quickly approaches, hip-hop’s first couple has steadily increased their outreach, with Jay Z headlining a concert for the former Secretary of State in Cleveland. Fans who expected Beyoncé to take a strong political stance at the CMAs will be sorely disappointed. Then again, Beyoncé’s authentic, strictly country performance was, in and of itself, political

The decision to have country’s prodigal daughters perform with a true genre outsider is the most subversive statement the CMAs has pulled off in years—hence the number of stone-faced fans in the audience while Beyoncé performed. That’s why Beyoncé’s decision to perform a country song with bona fide country singers, devoid of all of those signature Beyoncé bells and whistles, was such an important one. Unlike, say, “Formation” or even “Irreplaceable” with a fiddle, “Daddy Lessons” should be unobjectionable country content. So any viewer who wants to argue that Beyoncé doesn’t belong at the CMAs won’t have a strong musical case to do so, and might be forced to admit the real root of their discomfort. Tonight, Beyoncé and the Dixie Chicks were proudly country, on their own terms. And the CMAs was better for it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/02/beyonce-slays-the-country-music-awards-a-political-statement-unto-itself.html

Edited by Dammn Bu

Weird how people are "anti police" when they're really "anti innocent people being shot by law enforcement"

and since when was country music the official music of local law enforcement? 0_o 

its the last stand of the white man's music they mad as fuck too, making youtube videos and all

Well i'll be damned! The Country Music Awards scrubbed everything related to this performance from their website and social media! They caved in to their racist viewers. 

yea but look at how many racists showed they ass though....thats what got me ...these mofos came out

:o 

yea but look at how many racists showed they ass though....thats what got me ...these mofos came out

The article i posted says it best:

The decision to have country’s prodigal daughters perform with a true genre outsider is the most subversive statement the CMAs has pulled off in years—hence the number of stone-faced fans in the audience while Beyoncé performed. That’s why Beyoncé’s decision to perform a country song with bona fide country singers, devoid of all of those signature Beyoncé bells and whistles, was such an important one. Unlike, say, “Formation” or even “Irreplaceable” with a fiddle, “Daddy Lessons” should be unobjectionable country content. So any viewer who wants to argue that Beyoncé doesn’t belong at the CMAs won’t have a strong musical case to do so, and might be forced to admit the real root of their discomfort.

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

The article i posted says it best:

The decision to have country’s prodigal daughters perform with a true genre outsider is the most subversive statement the CMAs has pulled off in years—hence the number of stone-faced fans in the audience while Beyoncé performed. That’s why Beyoncé’s decision to perform a country song with bona fide country singers, devoid of all of those signature Beyoncé bells and whistles, was such an important one. Unlike, say, “Formation” or even “Irreplaceable” with a fiddle, “Daddy Lessons” should be unobjectionable country content. So any viewer who wants to argue that Beyoncé doesn’t belong at the CMAs won’t have a strong musical case to do so, and might be forced to admit the real root of their discomfort.

well it's Beyonce, they started on things like the SB pro Black Lives Matter, these white folks are racists to their core and they are not afraid to speak some shit that aint kosher, honey I watched one ignorant ass youtuber and I was done, like these white folks really in they muthafucking feelings

one question doe, where da Beehive at? :coffee:

Edited by Bailey.

Im also taken aback by the number of comments that called Beyonce "trash" honey she's the classiest thing these trailer park hoes have seen in awhile, how are you gonna call someone "trash" when you smell like a hot summer day dumpster, white trash is real :filenails:

The funniest part is every racist mofo that commented probably had their asses up doing the single ladys dance at some point.  But, boom they figured out she was black and now she's a trashy, anti police whore.

Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 1

The CMAs are smart

Bailey stop.. fighting hate with hate is asinine 

it might be, but I learned in my psychology class from a white professor, "watch what happens in class when I say white trash"....tbh, I missed that day, and she came to me and was soooo adamant about it, "like it happen and I told you and you missed it~!"    hint....call em white trash and see how they deal :coffee:  it aint fighting hate with hate, u not gonna take a Black female doing a country song with a country group and slap me in the face and say I dont belong and not get slapped the fuck back ....its real in dez streets and hoes better know you come up get knocked the fuck down ...fuck dat

Edited by Bailey.

The funniest part is every racist mofo that commented propbably had their asses up doing the single ladys dance at some point.  But, boom they figured out she was black and now she's a trashy, anti police whore.

and thats some racist ignorant ass shit, the number 1 problem in America is race....thats our dirty little secret under the rug ....this was a racist moment and white folk outta be shamed for it, but they came out swinging, so I say if you gonna declare war ...fucking declare it, dont start no shit wont be none....RACE is the issue in this muthafucking country, you got white boys on you tube that swing on cops and they go to jail, let a n!gga do that and prepare a funeral and bring home a body bag

Edited by Bailey.

no. It sickens me that you think destroying property, lives will help your anger. 

Protest peacefully. Otherwise, your protest means nothing 

oh no slapping a white bitch is my pleasure ...in moe ways than one :shifty:   read them damn comments, that shit was out there, they deserve the Beehive, where dey at? I know I know they need jobs and lessons in Alge-bruh, but still  damn if the CMAs said Beyonce choreography was off point they would sting...they so special :rolleyes: 

Edited by Bailey.