• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Tour rehearsals have started...

58 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

According to Gil's Twitter the rehearsals have started last weekend. There are some pics too. I don't know if they are old or new. One thing I noticed there seems to be more (female) dancers...?

He even said "US-you're up first".... So I assume they are coming to Europe or other continents too?!

:dance:

Posted · Report post

Those pictures are old from the beginning of the last tour, and he was just posting pics not necessarily saying it's began. A lot of the other dancers are still doing stuff & he said he's planning an a pulse date. So soon but I don't think yet. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

Old pics..  rehearsals don't begin til next month according to reports

Posted · Report post

I saw his instagram yesterday with those pics which are old, the only news is that the tour is going forward so I took it as a confirmation Janet had a good day in court, she wants to take Eissa on tour

Posted · Report post

Those pictures are old from the beginning of the last tour, and he was just posting pics not necessarily saying it's began. A lot of the other dancers are still doing stuff & he said he's planning an a pulse date. So soon but I don't think yet. 

Have all of the dancers suggested they'd be returning?

Posted · Report post

Have all of the dancers suggested they'd be returning?

Actually none of the dancers have said anything about it - that I have seen. I know the younger ones are supposed to be there based on Gil saying he can't wait to see them. I'm guessing if they are there Janet will still have a level of it toned down & "family" friendly 

Posted · Report post

Old pics..  rehearsals don't begin til next month according to reports

As soon as I saw those old ass pics I thought to myself "somebody needs to be slapped" :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

As soon as I saw those old ass pics I thought to myself "somebody needs to be slapped" :rolleyes:

Gil for posting them as if he doesn't have others :asham: 

Posted · Report post

Gil for posting them as if he doesn't have others :asham: 

Gil fell in line with the rules of all things Janet....keep ya mouth shut :filenails:   the help does know their place I will give him that :whistle:

Posted · Report post

Gil fell in line with the rules of all things Janet....keep ya mouth shut :filenails:   the help does know their place I will give him that :whistle:

#Contracts :coffee: 

Posted · Report post

#Contracts :coffee: 

gurl no, (In Wendy voice)  ....."in my mind"  Gil does everything he can to stay Janet's bestie ....

Posted · Report post

gurl no, (In Wendy voice)  ....."in my mind"  Gil does everything he can to stay Janet's bestie ....

I don't want to be all negative so imma say this... wouldn't you :umm: #HowDoIApply 

Posted · Report post

I don't want to be all negative so imma say this... wouldn't you :umm: #HowDoIApply 

Image result for oprah gif

Posted · Report post

I still can't figure out what he needs an assistant for tho

Posted · Report post

I still can't figure out what he needs an assistant for tho

I'm sure the business side of touring & planning needs more than one hand & mind. HONESTLY, I wish she/he would get better people for the creative. Gil's great people but that's not the best role for him & even the friends he hires just feels like clones of him. It's nothing better. The thing is Janet is loyal to no end. It's the Taurus in her. 

Posted · Report post

Super exciting news for for the Europe fans!! A good friend of mine is moving to London soon and a Janet concert would be a perfect vacation to go see them. 

Posted · Report post

Actually none of the dancers have said anything about it - that I have seen. I know the younger ones are supposed to be there based on Gil saying he can't wait to see them. I'm guessing if they are there Janet will still have a level of it toned down & "family" friendly 

the little ones are dancing on Jlo's show and doing their own classes so he could be saying can't wait to see you for anything. Her base is adults it should be geared towards adults.  If people want family friendly they can go to the circus 

Posted · Report post

the little ones are dancing on Jlo's show and doing their own classes so he could be saying can't wait to see you for anything. Her base is adults it should be geared towards adults.  If people want family friendly they can go to the circus 

Well that was unnecessarily abrasive. Missy's base is adults she has used children in her visuals and performances for years. Many people also loved seeing how Janet "kept up" with younger dancers. I have not heard 1 complaint from concert goers about her having the children in the show. 

Not to mention, @Dal has a daughter who loves Janet & loved her show & loved seeing the kids. As well as the little girl from the Number Ones tour that she brought on stage during introductions & allowed her to dance with her. So...seems like Janet is heading more in that direction than any other. So...if you want adult content try Burlesque. 

Posted · Report post

Way to get our hopes up:unsure:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well that was unnecessarily abrasive. Missy's base is adults she has used children in her visuals and performances for years. 

So...if you want adult content try Burlesque. 

badddd example... Missy? She can't tour alone... let alone release an album 

That last line is everything and more 

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

If people want family friendly they can go to the circus 

btw.. the circus has been canceled for quite sometime. 

And FreeLove is right. Janet is 51Y.O. It would be classless and distasteful for her to be all nasty on stage. If her show was a movie, it should be rated PG13

Posted · Report post

badddd example... Missy? She can't tour alone... let alone release an album 

That last line is everything and more 

The touring alone has nothing to do with who in the market their content serves. Missy does not make music or content for children. She has an adult audience. Yet she uses children to drive her performance many times. This has nothing to do with touring nor her releasing an album. 

Posted · Report post

The touring alone has nothing to do with who in the market their content serves. Missy does not make music or content for children. She has an adult audience. Yet she uses children to drive her performance many times. This has nothing to do with touring nor her releasing an album. 

An adult audience that doesn't buy her music... still a shit example

Posted · Report post

An adult audience that doesn't buy her music... still a shit example

Janet's not doing great numbers. Going number one sounds nice but her numbers are not great. So this why it's a great example Missy's visuals get FAR more viewership than Janet. So basically her presentation of her content for her audience is the point. Janet's presentation is the comparison.

Youre catty.