• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Tinashe is incredible!!!  I wish she had better access lanes, b/c she's got all the talent in the world.  Just overshadowed by some other folks, unfortunately.  

Posted · Report post

I don’t follow her career whatsoever but I’ve always thought she’s sexy af... the shit I’d do wit her 😏

Posted · Report post

you need to just ignore him Raj since you 2 don't get along cause now he's always gonna come for Tinashe knowing she's one of your faves

I am. The Tinashe haters cracks me up tho. They be saying stuff and coming for her like they know what they're talking about. Lol 

Posted · Report post

I don’t follow her career whatsoever but I’ve always thought she’s sexy af... the shit I’d do wit her 😏

lmao! Well her music is awesome. Definently her mixtapes

Posted (edited) · Report post

1st of all we weren't the only ones who compared her to Janet. Her peers in the music industry did. She is nowhere near like C-Error. Tinashe grew up watching and studying Janet. Why you so pressed? Clearly Queenashe got you shook. Lol

Ahhh main stream media stay trying to replace Janet with the lessors

That’s for sure. C-error actually had hits & sales.... for a second :coffee: 

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

Ciara is a better artist than Tinashe so I don't know why ya'll bringing CiCi into this

Posted · Report post

Ciara is a better artist than Tinashe so I don't know why ya'll bringing CiCi into this

now that's a lie! Ciara is NOT. Not with them flat ass notes she be hitting

Posted · Report post

SCREAMING. Show me a Ciara album that's better than Aquarius, Nightride, In Case You Die etc.? I like Ciara but pulease. 

Sounds like the only thing you've heard about Tinashe's are the singles and never really listened to any of her albums.

I've listened to Nightride and Aquarius and they do not top Ciara's first three albums (Never heard of In Case You Die). Also visually Tinashe is an extension of Janet, Aaliyah, Mya, and Ciara anyways so she gets the been there done that treatment from me. Sound wise she seems all over the place. Every time I hear a song from her she has a new identity. Ciara at least created her own lane as the queen of crunk and has a signature dance move (the matrix). No other artists this generation have created a signature move, not even Chris Brown. Which is why during the Janet tribute Tinashe was the opening act and Ciara was the headliner.

Edited by EphraimAdamz

Posted · Report post

SCREAMING. Show me a Ciara album that's better than Aquarius, Nightride, In Case You Die etc.? I like Ciara but pulease. 

Sounds like the only thing you've heard about Tinashe's are the singles and never really listened to any of her albums.

omg thank you! Clearly he don't what he's talking about. Nothing anything Tinashe had done sounds like Ciara. Ciara wish she was as musically inclined as Tinashe!

Posted · Report post

I've listened to Nightride and Aquarius and they do not top Ciara's first three albums (Never heard of In Case You Die). Also visually Tinashe is an extension of Janet, Aaliyah, Mya, and Ciara anyways so she gets the been there done that treatment from me. Sound wise she seems all over the place. Every time I hear a song from her she has a new identity. Ciara at least created her own lane as the queen of crunk and has a signature dance move (the matrix). No other artists this generation have created a signature move, not even Chris Brown. Which is why during the Janet tribute Tinashe was the opening act and Ciara was the headliner.

and Ciara looked a foolish mess doing "If". Moving too fast with sloppy arm movements. Don't get me wrong Tinashe didn't do too well on her part, but let's not act like Ciara was slaying. Tinashe, just like Janet, isn't stuck in one box with their sound. Again, like I said before, Tinashe said she refuse to let people stick her with one genre. She loves all kinds of music. She has r&b, pop, alternative, trap, edm. Etc... She can do it all. So she has something for everybody. So saying she has a new identity just means you don't get her.

Posted · Report post

Clearly somebody needs to listen to all her mixtapes. Plus, "Nightride" alone slays Ciara. With songs like "Spacetime" and "Ghetto Boy". The production of both of those song Ciara has never done anything like that. Like give me a song that is even remotely close to those.

Posted · Report post

Btw why are these non-Tinashe fans commenting anyways? I could of sworn this thread is called for Tinashe fans. If you're not one just move along.

Posted · Report post

Ciara, Own sound, queen of crunk, signature dance moves, debuted with actual hits, supermodel > Tinashe just dropped and has already peaked.

Posted · Report post

and Ciara looked a foolish mess doing "If". Moving too fast with sloppy arm movements. Don't get me wrong Tinashe didn't do too well on her part, but let's not act like Ciara was slaying. Tinashe, just like Janet, isn't stuck in one box with their sound. Again, like I said before, Tinashe said she refuse to let people stick her with one genre. She loves all kinds of music. She has r&b, pop, alternative, trap, edm. Etc... She can do it all. So she has something for everybody. So saying she has a new identity just means you don't get her.

Ya'll in such a rush to make Tinashe an icon lol. No one is saying Ciara is a godsend to music, but she is above Tinashe in acclaim and sales. She took a crunk sound that was only popular in the south and in ATL and made it mainstream. Her collaborations with Jazzy Pha, Lil Jon, Ludacris, Missy Elliot dominated charts and nightclubs. No one is the industry will be rushing out to say "I wanna sound like Tinashe", "Yeah that Tinashe song, we wanna sound like that". But a number of artists did hop on he crunk bandwagon for a year or two. So stop trying to discredit Ciara (The few credentials she has).

In fact the main reason Ciara fell off is because she strayed away from her sound and tried to be Beyonce/Britney Spears/Lady Gaga. Maybe Tinashe should take notes and not make the same mistakes.

Ya'll in such a rush to make Tinashe an icon lol. No one is saying Ciara is a godsend to music, but she is above Tinashe in acclaim and sales. She took a crunk sound that was only popular in the south and in ATL and made it mainstream. Her collaborations with Jazzy Pha, Lil Jon, Ludacris, Missy Elliot dominated charts and nightclubs. No one is the industry will be rushing out to say "I wanna sound like Tinashe", "Yeah that Tinashe song, we wanna sound like that". But a number of artists did hop on he crunk bandwagon for a year or two. So stop trying to discredit Ciara (The few credentials she has).

In fact the main reason Ciara fell off is because she strayed away from her sound and tried to be Beyonce/Britney Spears/Lady Gaga. Maybe Tinashe should take notes and not make the same mistakes.

Trashe fans thinks she’s a pop star like Ciara was 13 years ago.. Her three fans overhype the shit out of her as if she has made an impact on music.. she’s not the snail, she’s the trail 

When, in fact, she’s a flash in the pan... with her debut album selling around than 70k TOTAL. Nightshade (or whatever) did worse.. pretending to be a apart of her next album 

She’s been Working on that next album called “Joyride” since 2015, cancelled her International leg of the tour for “recording obligations” in mid-2016, and has yet to have a release date for the album supporting this :lmao: 

And what kind of egomaniacal artists tours internationally when they’re barely known stateside?

Maybe she should release another mixtape bc that’s not tacky af for nonrappers 🤷🏾‍♂️

Posted · Report post

Lmao y'all swear y'all know what y'all be talking about. It cracks me up..

Posted · Report post

That was all from her Wikipedia page :coffee: 

Posted · Report post

Wikipedia?! Hahahad I'm done!  Going by Wikipedia an unreliable receipt. Ch.. Bye. I done heard enough. I'm over here dying laughing :lol:

Wikipedia?! Hahahad I'm done!  Going by Wikipedia an unreliable receipt. Ch.. Bye. I done heard enough. I'm over here dying laughing :lol:

That awkward moment when wikipedia is reliable when they have sources :coffee: and they have sources.

Nothing I said is untrue. If it were you would come for it and you didn’t. You instead brushed it off as “fake news” even though it’s all true and you can’t handle that and that’s okay. Don’t be delusional.

Posted · Report post

That awkward moment when wikipedia is reliable when they have sources :coffee: and they have sources.

Nothing I said is untrue. If it were you would come for it and you didn’t. You instead brushed it off as “fake news” even though it’s all true and you can’t handle that and that’s okay. Don’t be delusional.

lmao yea ok. A delusional trying to call somebody delusional. Ok.... 

Posted · Report post

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 

Posted · Report post