• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

830 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

:thumbup:

There's another Mr. Cooper episode where Janet was mentioned. I remember it vividly. Im sure I wont be able to find it because it was at the closing of an episode.

Posted · Report post

ENDLESS influence. Adam Levine's interpretation of the '93 RS cover.

2vss1z4.png

Posted · Report post

Does that mean he has a little dick? :unsure:

Posted · Report post

Unpoetic Justice - In Living Color

Posted · Report post

That movie was the business. Whatever :rolleyes::lmao: :lmao:

Posted · Report post

ENDLESS influence.

2vss1z4.png

He's so damn fine -_-

Posted · Report post

He's so damn fine -_-

And let the cherch say "amen". -_-

And yes, "cherch".

Posted · Report post

:rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

:sigh:

Posted · Report post

Bothered honey?

Posted · Report post

:lol:

Posted · Report post

A-ha hear's another "All That" clip. *happens @ 0:35* "Aw yeah Janet, yeah, you're my favorite Jackson" :excited:

Posted · Report post

Celebrity Death Match

Posted · Report post

JanetJacksonAllforYou.jpg

53265.jpg

Posted · Report post

Janet should have won. -_-

Posted · Report post

Janet should have won. -_-

That's why I hate it -_-

Posted · Report post

That's why I hate it -_-

-_- That routine/fight combo she did was hot though. :lol:

Posted · Report post

Fuckin' Cartman :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Posted · Report post

Fuckin' Cartman :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That picture made me laugh so hard when I first saw it. :lmao:

Posted · Report post

The dance breakdown process in this video...

...was influenced by the "All For You" dance breakdown process.

Posted · Report post

That picture made me laugh so hard when I first saw it. :lmao:

I believe it. I'm dying over here :lmao:

Posted · Report post

Living Single (4th Season)

"Back in the Day"

As Khadijah prepares to accept an award for her work at Flavor, the group recalls a time when Flavor was just a dream; Max lived with Khadijah and Regine (until she and Regine tried to kill each other); and Regine dated Kyle and his Afro. They later reminisce about Synclaire's arrival from Minnesota (along with Crispus Attucks, her seven-foot high troll doll); and her first meeting with Overton, who immediately told Kyle that he had just met the mother of his children.

In her first appearance in the flashback scenes, Khadijah wears a crown. This was Queen Latifah's trademark early in her rap career, but she abandoned the look upon the release of her third album, 1993's Black Reign. Regine wears an outfit that copies the uniform worn by Janet Jackson in her 1989 video for "Rhythm Nation."

http://www.epguides.com/LivingSingle/season4.shtml

AAA.jpg

Posted · Report post

I shoulda put these here:

Obama is clearly a fan, he quotes WHYDFML in the Christmas special with Oprah

“People aren’t interested in what you’ve inherited…[it’s like] ‘What have you done for me lately?’” he said. “I’m not interested in spinning my way out of it.”

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/television/NATL-Obama-to-Oprah-Give-Me-a-B-Plus-for-Presidency-79191237.html

Full video:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Vzt0vfwxIwU/

Wrestling tag-team duo, The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobs and Jerry Sags), in the 80s used "Nasty" as their entrance music.

:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS_5W2vyLXE

the-nasty-boys_288x288.jpg

Apparently this show was based on "Nasty".

the-nasty-boys-complete-tv-series-on-7-dvd-s-action-48a8c.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098868/

Posted · Report post

I can't find the specific episode OR a picture related to it but Ms TAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINA paid tribute to Ms Jackson (if ya nasty) in an episode

Taina.jpg