Mariah Carey Releases New Album “Caution” Slated for 11/16 Release

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

On 11/2/2018 at 4:38 PM, janetDAYZ said:

The days of older acts having hits like Cher did w/ "Do You Believe" (1999) and Aretha Franklin did w/ "A Rose Is Still A Rose" (1998) are gone. Streaming done kill't dat chance for da elder. A new age, day and time. Yall expect too much when the odds are (clearly) already set in stone.  Janet's in her 50s..there wont be anymore "hits".. Stop being hopeful and foolish ppl.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:51 PM, John.... said:

okay daddy I hear you  -_-  ....oh well it was fun while it was fun and she did get a number 1 dance club out of it.......fuck streaming <_< well that kinda lifts a weight off my shoulders like as long as we like it that's all that matters.....you can keep this post as a receipt, the day a die hard gave up on hits for Janet :cry:  BUT Im holding out for R&R induction alllllll day :filenails:

There are young artists out now that cant even sustain a career after their first 2-3 albums so don't feel bad

• Upvote 2

OMG!!! This album is LIFE!!! "Giving Me Life" and "Stay Long Love You" are EVERYTHANG!!!😍

"Portrait" is like the PERFECT ender, such a sweet ballad that reminds of a MUCH better version of "Butterfly" (Title Track, I mean!)

"With You" def sounds better in the context of the album but it is STILL one of the weakest songs/first singles of her career! :huh: What was she thinking?!? -_-

7 hours ago, Tituba said:

She will be competing with the Creed 2 soundtrack, best of luck to her. I remember when the Empire soundtrack snatched that number 1 from Madonna...a damn shame.

She opened at #3 with her last.. album with 60k actual sales. This album will be far less

But then She also discounted this album. It’s $7.99 🙄

4 hours ago, Game For Now said:

She opened at #3 with her last.. album with 60k actual sales. This album will be far less

But then She also discounted this album. It’s $7.99 🙄

I think she could actually do better this time. The goodwill and hype are much better for her rn. I mean, you saw the Gltiter revival. I'm not sure how much that will translate here, but the album is really good so word of mouth could carry it far.

Stay Long Love You is that BOP.

36 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I think she could actually do better this time. The goodwill and hype are much better for her rn. I mean, you saw the Gltiter revival. I'm not sure how much that will translate here, but the album is really good so word of mouth could carry it far.

Stay Long Love You is that BOP.

The Gutter “revival” was a #1 on iTunes during a slow week. It’s not impressive at all. It becoming #1 for a day can be equivalent to 500-2k figures. Not good

Caution isn’t a good album and has zero hits.. the promo tour won’t matter (ask Madonna). I don’t see it surpassing 50k first week of physical sales

4 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

The Gutter “revival” was a #1 on iTunes during a slow week. It’s not impressive at all. It becoming #1 for a day can be equivalent to 500-2k figures. Not good

Caution isn’t a good album and has zero hits.. the promo tour won’t matter (ask Madonna). I don’t see it surpassing 50k first week of physical sales

A 17 year old album selling 3K is still a 17yo album selling 3K. That's how much a lot of albums in the top 10 sell (pure sales) these days. Nothing to sneeze at. 😂

Put the haterade down. We don't care about hits anymore after nearly three decades in the industry; she hasn't had a legitimate pop hit since 2009. It's a really solid, concise album that moves her sound forward significantly.

1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

A 17 year old album selling 3K is still a 17yo album selling 3K. That's how much a lot of albums in the top 10 sell (pure sales) these days. Nothing to sneeze at. 😂

Put the haterade down. We don't care about hits anymore after nearly three decades in the industry; she hasn't had a legitimate pop hit since 2009. It's a really solid, concise album that moves her sound forward significantly.

3k? That’s a bit of a stretch

Top ten is meaningless on Billboard 200. If it ain’t #1; iTunes #1 are even more meaningless*

Beautiful was a top 20 hit so your 2009 number seems, outdated. This album isn’t an improvement on her sound. Nothing on here sounds new or improved. It sounds like Mariah acting like a youth

1 hour ago, Tituba said:

What's up with her YouTube views for her newest videos? The lambs are worried about Glitter but couldn't get her trending...I mean come on :unsure:

Yeah, no. All of MC videos are the same. Why would she be trending?

Its Friday night and she’s #4 on iTunes with a price cut

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

*Meanwhile in Game’s room as “A No No” comes on*

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bu. said:

The album is expected to do around 50k which is similar to her last album. I’m shocked there wasn’t a drop but that’s still good to me tbh. I’m so proud of her tbh. It’s been a good for her overall. 

well I would think around the holidays her presence will boost due to her Christmas music being so ubiquitous during the season. So let me ask this, I'm assuming you have heard the entire album, you tell me what you loved hearing and I'll give it a listen :good: 

7 hours ago, John.... said:

well I would think around the holidays her presence will boost due to her Christmas music being so ubiquitous during the season. So let me ask this, I'm assuming you have heard the entire album, you tell me what you loved hearing and I'll give it a listen :good: 

I honestly love the whole album although One Mo Gen is probably my least fave. It’s a short album which I think was a great move. Giving Me Life is definitely a favourite. I’m not sure if you’re a rap fan but Slick Rick came out of hiding to rap on it haha

13 hours ago, John.... said:

The Xmas affect doesn’t work for her. She ruined that when she ruined New Years

13 hours ago, bu. said:

The album is expected to do around 50k which is similar to her last album. I’m shocked there wasn’t a drop but that’s still good to me tbh. I’m so proud of her tbh. It’s been a good for her overall. 

*not good*