What's your favorite Halloween Movie series?

JoeJoe

Which one  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is your favorite Halloween Thriller

• Halloween with Michael Myers
    • Nightmare on Elm Street with Freddy Krueger
    • Friday the 13th with Jason Vorhees
    • Child's Play with Chucky the evil doll
    • Saw movies with Jigsaw
    • Scream movies
    • Other

The original Halloween and Nightmare are great (especially the former) but none of their sequels are anywhere near as good. I'll give my vote to Nightmare just because of fab fierce Freddy's performance in the second film.

I don't even remember the 2nd film. Is that where he snatched that kid's mom through the front door while she was standing on the porch waving to her kid goodbye as they caught the school buss

I don't even remember the 2nd film. Is that where he snatched that kid's mom through the front door while she was standing on the porch waving to her kid goodbye as they caught the school buss

Thats the end of part 1

Nightmare on Elm Street ofcourse, tho it has inferior sequels it has the strongest story and character(s) development (next to the Saw series), Im only here for the 1st 2 Halloween movies, I liked H2O too. I like the Friday the 13th series just for the cheesyness as a whole it's kind of the worst, it has the least character development, the least details and the least attention to details, but 1,4 & 6 are good I'd say. I LOVE the scream series, even 3.....despite it being the inferior of the 4 movies, it had the best reveal by far, My only critique of the series is Dewy, Gayle, & Sidney have been alive too long and those characters going through this 4 times, with the same situation.....it's becoming less & less realistic. Flat out Gayle &/or Dewy HAS to die.....there i said it, Im sick of every movie except for the 1st 1 they start off with Dewy being mad at Gayle, and Gayle doing something or going through something that makes him realize he still loves her, we get it! 3 times in a row, can we have a Scream besides part 1 where they actually get along and are happy in their 1st scenes together? Childsplay...........where to begin..I actually love the character, but they have ALOT to make up for with this next sequel, and they better do it/the story justice. Saw SLAYS, it came out of nowhere and already took off the way Friday The 13th & Halloween & Nightmare did in their time, same impact? Not really, but legendary none the less, say what you want about the torture and the gore, the movie DELIVERS plot originality, substance and character development, which is why it gets the praise and fame it does get, haters ofcourse will hate on it anyway but it's legacy & respect is already set, and not challenged by any of it's peers....,

Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis >>>>> the ones without her are shit.

Friday The 13th - meh. The first 2 were cool. But then they just got lame imo.

Nightmare on Elm St - the first 3 are great (the 2nds ending though :umm: ). The 4th, 5th and 6th aren't horrors :rolleyes:. They got back on point with New Nightmare :wub:.

I personally LOVE Freddy vs Jason if not for the horror but the comedy :lmao:

Scream is my favourite franchise. I can never get bored of it. I love how it can take the piss out of itself in Scream 3 (and 4 somewhat) :lol:.

Saw - meh. I'll give it props for one thing - they always know how to provide a good twist.

Thats the end of part 1

Nightmare on Elm Street ofcourse, tho it has inferior sequels it has the strongest story and character(s) development (next to the Saw series), Im only here for the 1st 2 Halloween movies, I liked H2O too. I like the Friday the 13th series just for the cheesyness as a whole it's kind of the worst, it has the least character development, the least details and the least attention to details, but 1,4 & 6 are good I'd say. I LOVE the scream series, even 3.....despite it being the inferior of the 4 movies, it had the best reveal by far, My only critique of the series is Dewy, Gayle, & Sidney have been alive too long and those characters going through this 4 times, with the same situation.....it's becoming less & less realistic. Flat out Gayle &/or Dewy HAS to die.....there i said it, Im sick of every movie except for the 1st 1 they start off with Dewy being mad at Gayle, and Gayle doing something or going through something that makes him realize he still loves her, we get it! 3 times in a row, can we have a Scream besides part 1 where they actually get along and are happy in their 1st scenes together? Childsplay...........where to begin..I actually love the character, but they have ALOT to make up for with this next sequel, and they better do it/the story justice. Saw SLAYS, it came out of nowhere and already took off the way Friday The 13th & Halloween & Nightmare did in their time, same impact? Not really, but legendary none the less, say what you want about the torture and the gore, the movie DELIVERS plot originality, substance and character development, which is why it gets the praise and fame it does get, haters ofcourse will hate on it anyway but it's legacy & respect is already set, and not challenged by any of it's peers....,

The 1st 3 movies were good but after that I was like "ok another one?"

Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis >>>>> the ones without her are shit.

Friday The 13th - meh. The first 2 were cool. But then they just got lame imo.

Nightmare on Elm St - the first 3 are great (the 2nds ending though :umm: ). The 4th, 5th and 6th aren't horrors :rolleyes:. They got back on point with New Nightmare :wub:.

I personally LOVE Freddy vs Jason if not for the horror but the comedy :lmao:

Scream is my favourite franchise. I can never get bored of it. I love how it can take the piss out of itself in Scream 3 (and 4 somewhat) :lol:.

Saw - meh. I'll give it props for one thing - they always know how to provide a good twist.

Yes the ones with Jamie Lee Curtis were the best as always! They were always suspensful and you were on edge like "damn bitch hurry up and gtfo of the house! :lol: As for Friday the 13th when they did Jason X when he was out of space I was done :mellow: Nightmare on Elm Street started getting stupid when they started adding comedy. I was no longer here for it after that. Freddy vs Jason was nothing but comedy but I love that one tho.

oh Childsplay - I love the 1st and 2nd. I can't remember the others though Seed of Chucky is one fucking embarrassment to the genre.

Yes the 1st two are my faves! :thumbup: Let's not go there with the Seed of Chucky cause that shit pissed me off like really bad. I actually wanted to fight :lol:

The 1st 3 movies were good but after that I was like "ok another one?"

Yes the ones with Jamie Lee Curtis were the best as always! They were always suspensful and you were on edge like "damn bitch hurry up and gtfo of the house! :lol: As for Friday the 13th when they did Jason X when he was out of space I was done :mellow: Nightmare on Elm Street started getting stupid when they started adding comedy. I was no longer here for it after that. Freddy vs Jason was nothing but comedy but I love that one tho.

Yes the 1st two are my faves! :thumbup: Let's not go there with the Seed of Chucky cause that shit pissed me off like really bad. I actually wanted to fight :lol:

I was SO mad when they killed her in that Resurrection movie! Jason X was a mess!! I can't believe they even thought of that shit. Yeah deffo agree with Nightmare. I think with Freddy the comedy worked because it also had that 'dark' feeling to it. The lead actress did a great job at playing a victim. Kelly also >>> She should have did more acting around then!

My cousin actually had nightmares about Seed of Chucky - I'm like what the fuck? :lmao:!! That movie needs to be made extinct lol!

I'm not a huge Jason fan but I think Freddy vs Jason, and Jason X were pretty entertaining. They can't take themselves seriously forever. Most fans knew what they were getting into.

Scream is top notch, yes even the lighter toned 3rd one.

Halloween 1, 2, H20, and Resurrection is all you need.

The Rob Zombie remake is.... ok. Rob Zombie's H2 is terrible.

Child's Play 1 and 2 were the best. Looking back I can tolerate 3 and I don't mind it. I enjoyed Bride of Chucky.

Seed of Chucky doesn't exist and can go fuck itself.

Honorable Mentions: Hellraiser, Final Destination, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Leprechaun

I was SO mad when they killed her in that Resurrection movie! Jason X was a mess!! I can't believe they even thought of that shit. Yeah deffo agree with Nightmare. I think with Freddy the comedy worked because it also had that 'dark' feeling to it. The lead actress did a great job at playing a victim. Kelly also >>> She should have did more acting around then!

My cousin actually had nightmares about Seed of Chucky - I'm like what the fuck? :lmao:!! That movie needs to be made extinct lol!

Um did I not see the last Halloween movie cause I thought after H20 when she chopped his head off that was it? :mellow:

I said replace

:coffee:

Effrem? Let's not :umm:

Sorry buddy but you need to watch Halloween Resurrection starring Jamie Lee Curtis, Busta Rhymes, and Tyra Banks

And lets :yep:

Effrem don't...just don't :rolleyes:

There was one more after that :lol:

Ugh I saw parts of that but I thought it was ratchet and it seemed wack as hell that it was like an online thing set up in the movie. I was like wtf so I never watched it from beginning til end lol

Ugh I saw parts of that but I thought it was ratchet and it seemed wack as hell that it was like an online thing set up in the movie. I was like wtf so I never watched it from beginning til end lol

I kind of liked it :lol:. I thought it was kinda scary. It could have been better though

It's not as bad as people make it out to be. If anything then just check out the first 15 minutes

The first 15 minutes is great. I'm just mad she died but it makes it realistic I guess - how many times is the main victim going to escape :lol:. If they ever kill off Sidney I'll be PISSED :umm:

I kind of liked it :lol:. I thought it was kinda scary. It could have been better though

The first 15 minutes is great. I'm just mad she died but it makes it realistic I guess - how many times is the main victim going to escape :lol:. If they ever kill off Sidney I'll be PISSED :umm:

ok but he hasnt seen it so why u posting spoilers?