FINALLY confirmed....GIRLFRIENDS MOVIE IS ANNOUNCED

jarrylf

Rob Thomas is the creator of Veronica Mars :sigh:

What VM and Girlfriends have in common is they are both cancelled UPN shows. One is a cult classic and warrants a film adaptation, one is to sex and the city what The Wiz was to wizard of oz and can stay gone :coffee:

Don't fuck around with The Wiz.. I rather watch that, with all it's flaws then fall asleep watching the original..

Don't fuck around with The Wiz.. I rather watch that, with all it's flaws then fall asleep watching the original..

You're right, the wiz is too cool to be compared to girlfriends. But don't you even think of coming for one of cinemas most iconic films ^_^ or I will shove the whole lollipop guild and horse of a different color up your ass :coffee:

Yea by far season 1 is the worst season, like you could tell it didn't know yet what it was or have it's own identity from being "the black Sex & The City" but Season 2 took it in a whole other direction, it got deeper and better the farther it went on. Like it never got old or stale because there was always a unpredictable shift happening. The only thing predictable was that Joan couldn't keep a man lol. But I mean Lynn was completely unpredictable, Mya went from just being a ghetto secretary to an author who was happily married, then got divorced, then dated around then got remairied. And when you think Joan in general is the most predictable character, she quits the lawfirm to start her own restuarant business

Girlfriends is exactly what I value most about my shows, and music.......GROWTH and un predictability like that show did it all.

Season one was HORRIBLE! Joan and her little freeze scenes were cringeworthy. I have to admit, after Toni left I was a little underwhelmed, but I remained a faithful watcher.

Season one was HORRIBLE! Joan and her little freeze scenes were cringeworthy. I have to admit, after Toni left I was a little underwhelmed, but I remained a faithful watcher.

Chille season 1 wasn't Girlfriends it was "Joansfriends" LOL, season 2-8 were Girlfriends, and yea I hated those head moments too, and Toni was tooo much in season 1, but I liked Toni vs. Mya moments, and even more that they made up, that reminds me of real people I know who get off from the wrong start and then grow to be best friends, I love that kinda stuff.

OMG Remember when Kelly was on there? I was so shocked and mad when it turned out she was bad! But Jennifer Lewis is my all time FAVE recurring character as Toni's mom.

• Upvote 1

Not necissarily, shows can & have sped through time. And this is the type of show where the characters don't remain the same so it can still work, it'd almost be reinvent themselves because 3 of the 4 characters are in their 40s now, but Desperate Housewives got away with that. But with it being a movie it has to re-boot anyway. Like Sex & The City (I do like that 1st movie better than ANY episode of that show I've ever seen)

I didn't Sex In The City :umm: but if you say so

You're right, the wiz is too cool to be compared to girlfriends. But don't you even think of coming for one of cinemas most iconic films ^_^ or I will shove the whole lollipop guild and horse of a different color up your ass :coffee:

I'm not here for that snooze fest.