FINALLY confirmed....GIRLFRIENDS MOVIE IS ANNOUNCED

jarrylf

Hello Girlfriends Fans,

Good news! I have been speaking with Akil Productions and the powers that be are in talks to REUNITE the cast of “Girlfriends” for a movie! But before we all get excited, It takes a long time to get something like this put together and we are now in the legal stage. We have to get all the actors on board, writers, a script, financing, then there are many contracts to work out! Now the Girlfriends reunion I have in mind will ONLY take place when Tracee Ellis Ross (Joan Clayton), Jill Marie Jones (Antoinette “Toni” Marie Childs Garrett), Golden Brooks (Maya Wilkes), Persia White (Lynn Searcy), Reggie Hayes (William Dent) have said yes, along withKhalil Kain (Darnell Wilkes) and Keesha Sharp (Monica Charles Brooks-Dent).

We are also hoping for Jason Pace (Dr. Todd Garrett), Jenifer Lewis (Veretta Childs), Richard T. Jones (Aaron), Ronnie (Lamont Johnson), Peaches (Shawn Harrison), and Charles Swedelson (Phil Reeves), along with all the favorite minor characters.

During recent events actress, Kristen Bell who starred on UPN’s and then the CW’s drama Veronica Mars as well as a mega fan, Rob Thomas, recently, raised money to fund the Veronica Mars movie, they raised $2,000,000 in ONE day and are currently at $4 million. I was thinking this was something we could do and then propose to Akil Productions, Grammnet Productions, Paramount Network Television, CBS Paramount Network Television & CBS Television Distribution, that we are all serious about getting Girlfriends The Movie on the Road. I’ve already set up something on Kickstarter, when Akil Productions gives me the go ahead, only then will it will go live. I will keep you posted – Stacey

In the meantime, post your comments below and follow me, Mrs Brock-Akil and Girlfriends on twitter, tweet the life out of this article, like and share this facebook post and let us and everyone know that you want and are ready for a Girlfriends Movie!

http://realitywives.net/blogs/girlfriends-the-movie/

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

LifeRecieved_zpsad5ab3e2.gif

It's not much but it's enough to keep my hope alive, I've been hearing hints of this since it went off, most of which from Golden Brooks who said she had the script finish and ready to film.

Rob Thomas is the creator of Veronica Mars :sigh:

What VM and Girlfriends have in common is they are both cancelled UPN shows. One is a cult classic and warrants a film adaptation, one is to sex and the city what The Wiz was to wizard of oz and can stay gone :coffee:

Rob Thomas is the creator of Veronica Mars :sigh:

What VM and Girlfriends have in common is they are both cancelled UPN shows. One is a cult classic and warrants a film adaptation, one is to sex and the city what The Wiz was to wizard of oz and can stay gone :coffee:

But why is 1 in constant syndication and the other.....wasn't it only 3 seasons while Girlfriends got 8? And you're wrong....UPN cancelled Veronica Mars, the creator of Girlfriends quit....theres a difference. And Girlfriends started out as a Sex & The City wannabe, but evolved, and lasted more seasons.

But why is 1 in constant syndication and the other.....wasn't it only 3 seasons while Girlfriends got 8? And you're wrong....UPN cancelled Veronica Mars, the creator of Girlfriends quit....theres a difference. And Girlfriends started out as a Sex & The City wannabe, but evolved, and lasted more seasons.

UPN was the worst most ghetto network. VM was cancelled due to poor ratings. If it had been on the WB where it belonged, it would have lasted longer because the WB could nurture that type of show. Anyway, both the WB and UPN formed CW which is even tackier than UPN was :coffee:

Charmed SLAYED, and Girlfriends SLAYED

And just because a show lasts that long doesn't mean it's good. Ask Charmed :coffee:

But this is simply and only your opinion, both shows are in constant syndication on multiple channels. And Girlfriends had constant praise from critics and audiences more & more each season, it got better & better.

VM was boring to me.

I liked Charmed :)

THIS, VM only needed season 1.

Don't you DARE come for Charmed :umm: I could never get into Girlfriends, though -_- Or Sex in the City or VM or alot of chick tv shows :asham:

I said that because while it lasted 8 years, it should have ended after 4.

I went to THE Halliwell Manor and sat on the steps, I am the ultimate charmed fan :coffee:

Don't you DARE come for Charmed :umm: I could never get into Girlfriends, though -_- Or Sex in the City or VM or alot of chick tv shows :asham:

I couldn't get into GF at first either but the older I got the more addicted I became lol. And I am in love with Toni Childs character!

I couldn't get into GF at first either but the older I got the more addicted I became lol. And I am in love with Toni Childs character!

It was okay from the few episodes I watched but I could still never get into it lol. Or many shows like it lol.

Yea by far season 1 is the worst season, like you could tell it didn't know yet what it was or have it's own identity from being "the black Sex & The City" but Season 2 took it in a whole other direction, it got deeper and better the farther it went on. Like it never got old or stale because there was always a unpredictable shift happening. The only thing predictable was that Joan couldn't keep a man lol. But I mean Lynn was completely unpredictable, Mya went from just being a ghetto secretary to an author who was happily married, then got divorced, then dated around then got remairied. And when you think Joan in general is the most predictable character, she quits the lawfirm to start her own restuarant business

Girlfriends is exactly what I value most about my shows, and music.......GROWTH and un predictability like that show did it all.

• Upvote 1

It's kinda too late..

Not necissarily, shows can & have sped through time. And this is the type of show where the characters don't remain the same so it can still work, it'd almost be reinvent themselves because 3 of the 4 characters are in their 40s now, but Desperate Housewives got away with that. But with it being a movie it has to re-boot anyway. Like Sex & The City (I do like that 1st movie better than ANY episode of that show I've ever seen)

The Sex and the City movie was everything :mellow:

When Charlotte says "NO!" To big after the wedding :tear:

Yea I was SHOCKED at how much I loved the movie because I NEVER liked the show, got some laughs but I couldn't see myself looking forward to it, but that movie was so good, made me excited for part 2..............................then part 2 reminded me of the show LOL