Dark Knight Shooter James Holmes' Will Face The Death Penalty

Escapade

This certainly looks to be a sad ending to a very sad story.

James Holmes will most likely face the death penalty after his shooting spree at an Aurora, Colorado movie theater murders late last July left several dead and many others injured.

Last week, his legal team entered a "guilty" plea in hopes of spending life in prison with no parole as an alternative, but after lawyers consulted the families of the victims, the deal was rejected.

As the hearing kicked off earlier this morning, Arapahoe County District Attorney George Brauchler said he would not be accepting the proposed plea bargain and told the court "justice is death."

As you know, James is responsible for the death of 12 moviegoers at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises on July 20, 2012 and is facing 166 total charges that include 24 counts of first degree murder, 116 counts of attempted murder, and 26 other crimes on his horrific killing spree.

Would U vote for the death penalty?

http://perezhilton.com/2013-04-01-james-holmes-dark-knight-shooter-aurora-colorado-to-face-death-penalty#.UVoatKNqCSo

How do you guys feel about the death penalty?

I have no problem with the death penalty in cases like this. Life in prison some might argue is worse because they "suffer" with the weight of what they've done until they die. A) if they had a conscious and a source of guilt, they wouldn't have killed anybody to begin with B ) unless you're in solitary confinement, prison doesn't look all that bad. They feed you, you get play time, you get raped in the shower, it sounds like a damn vacation to me.

• Upvote 1

In recent years I've been on the fence when it came to the death penalty being torn between the ideas of "who am I to say someone deserves to have their life taken away?" and cases like this where murderers are the ones being given the death penalty. Then in this specific case and others similar where there's the debate of whether mental illness had anything to do with why he did what he did. I don't know. I've still been questioning this whole idea.

I'm agianst it, their death doesn't equal the victims coming back to life....and that's all I have to say about that...

I considered this for a time, but then I also thought about the fact that both the victims and their families deserve justice. Even to the point of a life for a life.

I'm on the fence with capital punishment..but with cases like these, I don't mind the death penalty. "An eye for an eye" kinda thing..but it's not going to bring the folks back even when he's dead.

It's just sad all the way around.

He should rot in prison imo.