Playstation 4 and Xbox One

kidfresh832

I will be surprised if Xbox One sells as many off the bat Friday. Microsoft is spending another fortune advertising though I see way more Xbox commercials than Playstation.

This is the thing and i've known for years since i'm a Playstation fanboy. Playstation can sell on it's name alone unlike Xbox.

The slayage.

o8s.gif

no ma'am with that gif :lol: anyway they say it's the fastest and highest selling numbers for any playstation system ever.

• 2 months later...

XBox ain't gonna outsell ps4 anytime soon. Also there's an article that was on yahoo earlier today on the front page, i can't find it now but it shows that more game developers are looking to have their games released on ps4 rather than xbox. I'm ready for the new Final Fantasy. I will be ignoring friends a lot when that game comes out lol

I got my PS3 320GB almost 3 years ago. At the time it was the best one you could buy. Well I was very happy with it up until about a week 1\2 ago when the damn thing just up and shut off on me. I've taken it to a few places to get it fixed, but they claim that they can't fix it and that I should send it back to Sony and pay the $99 to get it fixed. I wonder if anyone here has had a similar problem. I've heard that the Xbox is experiencing some of the same problems. I suspect that it had something to do with the system update that Sony sent out and I downloaded. That shit pissed me off because I was really getting into playing GTA5. This is the longest time i've ever went without playing so l'am bored out of my mind now. I really don't want to purchase the PS4 because there isn't enough games out there right now and on top of that you can't play PS3 games on it. I think I am just going to have to break down and just buy another PS3.

Well I suspect that's what i'll get back if I sent it back to Sony. My problem with that is how long will that one last.

You're just giving excuse after excuse... You do not want to go out and buy a brand new obsolete electronic device.. It's a bad investment...

a refurbished console should last you a year or more...

Well hell I guess I made a bad investment the first time around too. I 'm just one of those people who likes to buy new especially with stuff like that.

No.. it last 3 years and as long as you bought it brand new.. it's fine..

The PS3 is no longer considered "new" so you can throw that logic out the window.. do some research and pick the best option... right now, if I were you, I would consider buying a refurbished PS3 or getting it repaired for $99

• Upvote 1

XBox are lowering the price to match the PS4 in the UK :lmao:!!

"The reason we're doing this is that we're committed to giving gamers the best value that we can," said Harvey Eagle, Xbox's marketing director in the UK.

"We're only a few months into a generation of consoles that are going to last for many many years to come," he added.

"And now just feels like the right time to make the adjustment on the price."

"And now"... No - you just can't face the fact that PS4 showed up and showed out. 3 months later they're already cutting price...

XBox are lowering the price to match the PS4 in the UK :lmao:!!

"And now"... No - you just can't face the fact that PS4 showed up and showed out. 3 months later they're already cutting price...

Yeah I just saw that on yahoo today about the price matching lol. It's too late tho. You never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression and XBOX's first impression was horrible. PS4 is already at 5.3 million sold (in the US).

Yeah I just saw that on yahoo today about the price matching lol. It's too late tho. You never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression and XBOX's first impression was horrible. PS4 is already at 5.3 million sold (in the US).

XBox did way too much. they thought too highly of themselves.

XBox One is just another in the long line of Microsoft mistakes in recent years They cant afford for this to be a full fledged flop like Windows 8 has been. They have room to turn it around and be a profitable era though.

The specs are there to run with Ps4 for the long haul they gotta get the games on point and pricing in line to stay competitive

• 4 weeks later...

Sony: PS4 Demand Will Outstrip Supply Into the Summer

ByIan Sherr

When Sony’s PlayStation 4 launched in November, it sold out on its first day. It may be the summer before the consoles are fully stocked on shelves.

In an interview at the Game Developer’s Conference in San Francisco, Andrew House, head of Sony’s PlayStation division, said the company is seeing robust sales in all the regions the PS4 is being sold.

“We’re struggling to keep up with demand,” which has been highest in the U.S. and Europe, House said. “Conservatively, as we get into the early summer months, we’ll be closer to a full supply situation.”

Constrained supplies have led some retailers to trumpet when they are able to stock up. In January,

GameStop issued a press release informing customers that it had received additional PS4 shipments. At the time, GameStop said it was selling the devices out as quickly as it could stock them.

Sony this month said it has sold more than six million PS4 units, well more than sales of the PlayStation 3 in the months after it launched. Industry watchers believe Sony has edged out Microsoft, which in January said it had sold more than three million of its new Xbox One consoles through the end of 2013.

Microsoft hasn’t updated its figures since. A spokesman said the company is planning on updating numbers in its quarterly reports. Sony also declined to offer new sales data.

A key moment for Microsoft was the launch of “Titanfall,” a highly anticipated space-age war simulation game from Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts. The game was made exclusively for the Xbox One, older Xbox 360 and PCs, a move analysts had said could draw some customers’ attention away from PlayStation while juicing demand for Microsoft’s devices.

House said demand has remained steady in the U.S., including during the launch period for “Titanfall.” Sony will be launching its own exclusive PS4 title Friday, a superhero game called “Infamous: Second Son.”

http://blogs.wsj.com...nto-the-summer/