so why do you think 'The Wiz' flopped?

janetDAYZ

He wasn't the main character anyways... he was a supporting actor..

no one checked for his acting... or lack thereof... before & after :coffee:

Precisely, which makes you targeting him out of all the characters, pointless. He was not the main character so why throw jabs at him as if he was carrying the film?

That's an opinion.

That's a first...of ever hearing someone saying they didn't like The Wizard of Oz

And Bu, I was getting ready to say the same thing in reference to Game's pointless shade. Had micheal Jackson did this film after he became Michael fucking Jackson...its no doubt that ppl would have rannnnnn to see that movie ..his name would have made that film successful,alone. He was larger than life by 83.

We had this discussion at work and pretty much everyone chose The Wiz..
  • Upvote 1

The Wiz came in 1978 - before Off The Wall, before Thriller, before Michael was an actual star so the shade you're trying the throw is pointless and not shady. Do some research and you won't look like a fool.

Ch.... he can try until the end of time but he will always look like a fool. It was the role he was born to play. :coffee:

:umm: the Scarecrow is a main character

The main character is Dorothy while the other characters are supporting characters. Dorothy is the "heroine" or "protagonist" of the story. So whoever plays that character is the lead/star. The scarecrow's story arc is not the focal point of the noval nor the films. So how is he a main character? Character and story development are key in determining who the main character is. These are things you must possess comprehension of before you can analyze text, film or in this case box office scores. You seem to be lacking in some of these key skills of analysis. I'd suggest 9th grade english as a place for you to start obtaining this knowledge.

• Upvote 1

:umm: the Scarecrow is a main character

You just said he was a supporting actor,which he was. Scarecrow does not carry the film its a collaborative cast of supporting characters centered around Dorothy who is ultimately the main character. You wanna throw rocks? Throw em at Diana or all of em. To point MJ out as if he THE main character is what makes your shade,flawed.

• Upvote 1

Because it remade a film/story that most associate with white actors. That usually is "touchy" with mainstream audiences.

The controversial opinion, but that's what I believe.

I liked it though... *shrugs*

Of all the responses to my question...this actually sounds pretty accurate as to why it would/did flop