"Stay" by Rihanna ..the HIGHEST selling ballad by black female in the US? Beating out Beyonce?

janetDAYZ

As ‘Pour It Up’ makes its way to 2 million units sold, Pop nocalist Rihanna has celebrated the news that her single ‘Stay’ has now outsold Beyonce‘s 2008 hit ‘Halo‘- making it the highest selling ballad by a black female artist in the US.

An interesting story below…

Upon its release on December 23rd 2008, ‘Halo‘ surpassed digital sales of 3,123,000 units by October 2012, after peaking at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Now, by way of 3,298,000 units sold by Rihanna’s ‘Stay’ since January 7th of this year, the performer is now claiming that this feat has seen break ‘Halo‘s record for being the highest selling ballad by a black female artist in the US.

Screen-Shot-2013-07-07-at-16.14.58.png

Pretty strange, considering the 4,591,000 units sold by Whitney Houston‘s ‘I Will Always Love You’ by 2009, or the 3.5 million+ copies sold by Tracy Chapman‘s ‘Fast Car‘, after its April 1988 release.

In intentionally spreading the misinformation cooked up by the fan above, the ‘Fading‘ performer went on to tweet:

Screen-Shot-2013-07-07-at-16.34.04.png

Indeed.

Alas, with many a Beyonce fan billing her a ‘purveyor of tall tales’, here’s hoping the hours that follow see her explain this would be record further…and figure out a way to score herself a second #1 album.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2013/07/rihanna-beating-beyonce-record-the-power-god-bring-joy-unspeakable/#ixzz2YYweKqAv

At least Trent gives Rihanna her props with a little shade thrown in there.

TGJ are vile..but then again, the "owner" is a Beyonce stan.

Yeah TGJ is annoying and the bias is clear as day. I kind of prefer Trent more because he's a Janet and Mariah stan just like me LOL, and I like Miss Jia cause she's not messy and constantly throwing unnecessary shade!

Yeah TGJ is annoying and the bias is clear as day. I kind of prefer Trent more because he's a Janet and Mariah stan just like me LOL, and I like Miss Jia cause she's not messy and constantly throwing unnecessary shade!

Yeah, Trent is here for Mariah and Janet..He's not biased as I thought he used to be..as long as he's a Janhova fan, I'm satisfied.

• Upvote 2

At least Trent gives Rihanna her props with a little shade thrown in there.

TGJ are vile..but then again, the "owner" is a Beyonce stan.

I find TGJ annoying too. They worship anything associated with Beyonce and Jay-Z (except Rihanna of course. They like to refer her achievements as those of Roc Nation).

• Upvote 1

I don't care about the bragging rights of the stats, because at the end of the day Rihanna can brag she is one of the hottest chicks in the game, Im ready for a new album already. BUT, Stay is the shit.....chile she is slaying this game can't tell her shit, music is on point been on point......in short....Im a fan :good:

I don't care about the bragging rights of the stats, because at the end of the day Rihanna can brag she is one of the hottest chicks in the game, Im ready for a new album already. BUT, Stay is the shit.....chile she is slaying this game can't tell her shit, music is on point been on point......in short....Im a fan :good:

New album will come in November.. like Santa.. Rihanna comes once a year

In Rihs defence of releasing album after album. She's only really active (as in promo-mode) between November til March-ish. After that she tends to disappear musically but doing other ventures like touring or some fashion work etc. The album "eras" come across as half-assed. It just seems that she's always around because the tabloids love to report about her.