TELL THE TRUTH ..shame the Devil! (Legends/Icons)

janetDAYZ

Hell, kids/teens think Rihanna is an icon .. they're opinion holds no weight. They cant distinguish between artists who have paid their dues from artists who are just hot at the moment. Not to mention they downplay and diss the TRUE icons who paved the way for their "hot for the minute" favs.

Hell, kids/teens think Rihanna is an icon .. they're opinion holds no weight. They cant distinguish between artists who have paid their dues from artists who are just hot at the moment. Not to mention they downplay and diss the TRUE icons who paved the way for their "hot for the minute" favs.

So true. It's ridic!

The stan era killed artists and pop music

• Upvote 2

I did though. It makes the industry really anti-competitive. I also miss the days when it wasn't the end of the world if you didn't necessarily care for an artist.

It kinda felt like you would support whoever released good music and right now it's like ppl want the artist that poses a imaginary threat to their fav gone no matter what.

I think I have to add The Beatles too to a small extent, I do like them, but SOOOOOO many of their remakes I prefer over their versions (MJ's version of Come Together is LIGHTYEARS better than theirs to me, En Vogue's version of Yesterday slays too) So it's a case of I like their music as a whole but I don't think they deserve all the mega record breaking success they have, and I too think Paul & John's solo stuff is MUCH better.