Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 list

EphraimAdamz

I know that. :coffee: Now that I think about it, Whitney should have been inducted. :shifty:

I just think she just hasn't had the impact to be considered yet..

i think the problem with Whitney is, she basically sang other people songs... with one of the best voices, but still just a singer of other people their songs..

And if we would talk about great singers... to be inducted just because of their great voice... Barbra Streisand isn't in it either... I think she would get priority over Whitney so it might be a long while beforeWhitney will be nominated..

The bitch has been lookin like da bride of chucky since she's been abusing those "fillers" ..face all puffy and porcelain-like for uh...idk..a lil under a decade now..so..um, yeah

she has to be really careful in the near future... she just had some new fillers done

article-0-18D112A600000578-545_634x429.jpg

article-0-18CE34B900000578-515_634x942.jpg

• Upvote 1

But Whitney does have major hit pop/rock songs under her belt that are hers, like her biggest hit is a remake but not all of them, or even most of them really

written by others... she didn't write her own material...

at all

that's why she didn't get any royalties over her work and had money problems...

written by others... she didn't write her own material...

at all

that's why she didn't get any royalties over her work and had money problems...

But that has nothing to do with being inducted, theres tons of rock pop & R&B legends inducted who died broke because of no royalties (which was also just a rumor with Whitney, she didn't get Royalties but she wasn't broke that we know of), it's about the hit's, not about who wrote em, the hit's themselves, hell Aretha's biggest hit is a remake, alot of Diana's are (and she wrote less than Whitney, Whitney did actually write like 3 of her singles) and they're both inducted.

To me if you have the hit's with your name....what's the hold up? Whitney & Janet both had hit's in different genres that has to count for something... but maybe it don't

But that has nothing to do with being inducted, theres tons of rock pop & R&B legends inducted who died broke because of no royalties (which was also just a rumor with Whitney, she didn't get Royalties but she wasn't broke that we know of), it's about the hit's, not about who wrote em, the hit's themselves, hell Aretha's biggest hit is a remake, alot of Diana's are (and she wrote less than Whitney, Whitney did actually write like 3 of her singles) and they're both inducted.

To me if you have the hit's with your name....what's the hold up? Whitney & Janet both had hit's in different genres that has to count for something... but maybe it don't

true i guess in a way (although i think it's more about the impact they had on other artists and music in general)... but it's also how the artist is seen by the voters, and they really don't care about rules... too many fuck ups have happened that's prove enough, one being Janet not being nominated yet..

Being rock or not has little to do with it... Donna Summer has a grammy in the rock category, introduced Rock into dance and recorded a rock album but she had to die first to get inducted... Madonna did instantly though...

but i guess it's all speculation cause no one of us knows what's going on with the RRHOF

The Whitney being broke was more then a rumour though no? why would she finish that disaster of a tour where she emberassed herself every night if she didn't need the money?

They'll nominate whoever they feel like it and that has nothign to do with how big of an impact that said person had or if that person has rock on her catalog or not.

Madonna getting in right away before ppl like Barbra or Kate Bush for example, just shows that they think about someone see if they can get that person in and call it a day.

true i guess in a way (although i think it's more about the impact they had on other artists and music in general)... but it's also how the artist is seen by the voters, and they really don't care about rules... too many fuck ups have happened that's prove enough, one being Janet not being nominated yet..

Being rock or not has little to do with it... Donna Summer has a grammy in the rock category, introduced Rock into dance and recorded a rock album but she had to die first to get inducted... Madonna did instantly though...

but i guess it's all speculation cause no one of us knows what's going on with the RRHOF

The Whitney being broke was more then a rumour though no? why would she finish that disaster of a tour where she emberassed herself every night if she didn't need the money?

Yea something's up wiith this basically theres got to be a excuse.

But that didn't mean she was broke lol. Maybe she just wanted to fulfill her contract,and from all reports she liked doing the tour, why would she quit when the tickets were still selling? Just because your making money doesn't mean your broke, I never said she could've quit showbiz and never worked again, I said she wasn't broke. Plus music wasn't the only source of her income, she was a producer for pretty successful movies, so she was getting money from that.

Yea something's up wiith this basically theres got to be a excuse.

But that didn't mean she was broke lol. Maybe she just wanted to fulfill her contract,and from all reports she liked doing the tour, why would she quit when the tickets were still selling? Just because your making money doesn't mean your broke, I never said she could've quit showbiz and never worked again, I said she wasn't broke. Plus music wasn't the only source of her income, she was a producer for pretty successful movies, so she was getting money from that.

Tickets were selling just ok though... And she got up on stage every night making a fool of herself and knowing it too... lots and lots of People leaving during the show...getting trashed the next day in the papers

I think for someone once so great that must have been a tough pill to swallow and the only driving force to continue on that path was needing the money

We will never know (or maybe we will) the true story, but Millions (when not taken care off properly) can be gone in a very short time.... Lots of big bands/singers have proven this

But who knows... rumours might have been wrong

But anyway.... kinda going off topic here :)

Tickets were selling just ok though... And she got up on stage every night making a fool of herself and knowing it too... lots and lots of People leaving during the show...getting trashed the next day in the papers

I think for someone once so great that must have been a tough pill to swallow and the only driving force to continue on that path was needing the money

We will never know (or maybe we will) the true story, but Millions (when not taken care off properly) can be gone in a very short time.... Lots of big bands/singers have proven this

But who knows... rumours might have been wrong

But anyway.... kinda going off topic here :)

But she did, and from the band, her personal staff that did interviews, she loved being on that tour and doing it, And it was a successful tour in terms of profits not reputation, as long as she had those 2 things she had no reason to quit, Whitney didn't care if she was at her best, she was going to do her thing and she did, got bad reviews but she lived up to every date on the tour

I'm just going off of what E! news said when she first died and the rumor went around, and they broke down her income and the money she gets off of reruns of the movies she's produced (those movies are constantly on Disney & ABC Family), and she did put up over a million for Sparkle, so tho I'd like to remain nuetral on the topic, with knowing that info I can't help but think she wasn't exactly "struggling" in that department, wheres I havent heard examples of why she would be frankly besides not owning the songs.

Yea it is, my point was simply like with Janet I can't find a logical reason why she wouldn't be considered, but there must be 1 for both her & Janet, even if it's just "they hate them" lol.