ESPN: Behind the Scenes: Wardrobe Malfunction

I'm not here for conspiracy theories.

You think Janet wanted to be dismissed from music history? You think the hours of studio time, years of touring, releasing three albums, and her entire legacy was to protect someone who she literally had many interventions for? :lol:

You MJ fans are incredibly selfish... You trying to sit there and state that Janet ruined her career for your favs bc of his own mistakes... Boi bang. Janet's career does NOT evolve around MJ and his former-personal issues that later killed him

Yes Janet did ONE song in 1995... But to say she showed her breast to 90 million people for the sake of her crazy drugged brother.. Nah

I'm not here to entertain Retard theories for the sake of some n00b..

A better warning: King me

Kiiiii at you getting so wound up over a theory. Stay mad.

:blink: this is a discussion.. And what the n00b said made me quench.. And for you to defend such foolishness makes me question your sanity

I'm making the newbie feel welcome :rolleyes:.

Am I the only one to think that Janet planned this whole thing to distract the media from going in on her brother. I don't know I just don't see how she could have ever though that this would go over well with the public, especially with their hatred of Mj at the time. If it was, then I really have to say that she really loved him very much to do something like that. I mean before the Superbowl Janet, I would say was one of the most respected and least scandalous artist out there. I believe that was the main reason that MTV chose her as the first MTV Icon recipient over Mj and Madonna. I hated that overnight she became public enemy #1. I mean you would have though that Janet went in and shot up a schoolhouse with the way that they treated her. All the while Justin gets off scot free. I don't care what anyone says he was apart of it and he should've been treated the same way she was.

:huh: This makes no sense to me at all. It sounds like making a huge situation out of something simple. It was planned, but just not rehearsed as well as it should have been. We all know Janet and Michael adored each other, but there was plenty she did that showed him support as opposed to this. If anything this made them both targets and I don't think she would have taken that risk on purpose.

• Upvote 1

:huh: This makes no sense to me at all. It sounds like making a huge situation out of something simple. It was planned, but just not rehearsed as well as it should have been. We all know Janet and Michael adored each other, but there was plenty she did that showed him support as opposed to this. If anything this made them both targets and I don't think she would have taken that risk on purpose.

Do you think Michael going through what he did made it worse for Janet? Take away MJ's troubles - would the media have reacted the way they did?

Voice of reason!! Yessss than you Rey..

Bu dropped the ball and apparently will say anything to be liked by the n00b

Do you think Michael going through what he did made it worse for Janet? Take away MJ's troubles - would the media have reacted the way they did?

It may have played a factor, but nothing anywhere near significant. Like Game said, though, she is a Jackson and the media loves scandals about the Jacksons. When it comes to the SB, though, Janet planned that at the wrong time. The FCC was going nuts with their censorship and the only thing they needed was something else to sink their teeth into.

Voice of reason!! Yessss than you Rey..

Bu dropped the ball and apparently will do say anything to be liked by the n00b

:lol: No problem.

I think he's just being nice. We were all newbies once :P

It may have played a factor, but nothing anywhere near significant. Like Game said, though, she is a Jackson and the media loves scandals about the Jacksons. When it comes to the SB, though, Janet planned that at the wrong time. The FCC was going nuts with their censorship and the only thing they needed was something else to sink their teeth into.

:lol: No problem.

I think he's just being nice. We were all newbies once :P

Nipplegate was Bush trying to distract us from his oil war anyways

• Upvote 1

LOL YOU LET ME KNOW THAT WHEN I WAS NEW!!! lol. GAWD I didn't know if I could hang wit Game lol, Now I've come to really care about the guy :thumbup:

I remember that! :lol: You and I both. You just have to see through the attacks and he's actually cool and entertaining ^_^

@Reyna that's just me thinking out loud. I just never understood why anything needed to be pulled off or why Justin needed to be there anyway. I mean she is Janet Jackson she didn't need any of that extra stuff to add to her performance.

I understand. I think it was just an aesthetic the pulling clothes off. "Better have you naked by the end of this song". It's a cool idea in theory, but execution needed all the rehearsal in the world. Justin was just one of the hot guys out at the time. I think he was thrown in as opposed to Janet picking him.

Nipplegate was Bush trying to distract us from his oil war anyways

Yeah, basically. The FCC was flexing its muscle big time and she took a huge hit.