Who is the best whistle register singer?

bu.

The Whistle Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Best Whistle Register Singer

• Shanice
    • Betty Wright
    • Rachelle Ferrell
    • Adam Lopez
    • Deniece Williams
    • Lisa Fischer
    • Debelah Morgan
    • Chante Moore
    • Minnie Riperton
    • Mariah Carey
    • Other

Truth, Chante's whistle tho great is shaky and not as strong as alot of the other singers that do it, especially Minnie & Mariah, theirs have different tones and versatility to them doing it

You must not know Chante... lol

At least all of her whistle are live... Lord knows when the last time Mariah did her live..

And why is that she's never covered a Minnie song?

Rachelle also has the highest octave range..

You must not know Chante... lol

At least all of her whistle are live... Lord knows when the last time Mariah did her live..

And why is that she's never covered a Minnie song?

Rachelle also has the highest octave range..

Have every single album she ever did, even paid for the new 1. My comment remains

The last time she did was her impromptu performance on Fallon last year.

How many female songs have she covered period? The numer is pretty low, she mostly covers men's songs.

OK, but I prefer Minnie & Mariah's whistle over hers.

• Upvote 1

I need to get it myself. Amel can sang

this song gives me goosebumps, especially those high whistle notes towards the end.

That's the song that got me into her!! Her album Infinite Possibilities >>>>

One of my online friends used to roll with her - they used to meet up after gigs and stuff in LA.

That doesn't have anything to do with anything lol. The fact that Mariah can use them rhythmically, melodically, or harmoniously makes her superior. She has more agility and is able to alter the texture of sound be it piercing, bright, etc. Plus her tonality and control is better. She can handle arpeggios, staccati, fioratura, and sustain tones effortlessly. Her basic understanding of the tessitura > Chante's.

• Upvote 1

4:40 - the end of this TWELVE and a HALF minute video!!!

Chante's whistle register >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And this just proves my point. She's singing the same rhythmic phrases repetitiously for 7 minutes, which is proof that she's not as skilled of a musician in that register as Mariah. Plus at times, she's just screaming with control.

Agility. Sharp. Quick. Each note is distinct. Tonality and volume from bottom to top.

boom-o.gif

13zb96v.jpg

And this just proves my point. She's singing the same rhythmic phrases repetitiously for 7 minutes, which is proof that she's not as skilled of a musician in that register as Mariah. Plus at times, she's just screaming with control.

Agility. Sharp. Quick. Each note is distinct. Tonality and volume from bottom to top.

Mariah. Can't. Do. It. Live.

End.

When it comes to whistle register, Minnie was the queen, however, Deniece williams was right behind Minnie and sang background for her. Producers often said it was hard to tell who had the highest voice out the two, so I have to give it to her.

Of todays divas Chante is queen. I love MC and her register was everything in the early 90s. But her voice is not what it use to be. But at her peak in the 90s she was a beast. I still love MC.

• Upvote 1