You guys celebrating Lent?

jarrylf

The difference between east & west :lol:

Well I was more so reffering to living in Detroit, but yea now that you mention it it's weird I havent noticed out here, simply because no matter where you live in the LA area high class, middle class or low, you're going to be around hispanic and they're mostly catholic (feels weird saying that, but the same exact thing can be said for Detroit and black people and baptist LOL) :asham:

LOL Hey I thought The Soup Plantation was just soups & salads lol, which it was mostly...But no you're going to be around what you can't have regardless for the most part (especially in my case). It's all about moving past it, and day 3 is just a BITCH lol. But I as long as I got water I got my strength!

It just looks that way. When you give something up you just notice it more. Especially if you like it. :lol:

This is true! I gave up coconut water once - my family then decided to go on a health kick and bought a full case :sigh:.,,and Rihanna started promoting it too.

I never understood fasting even in a religious sense. I guess I just love to eat. :lol:

In a religious setting it's like a spiritual cleanse in a sense. You'd be amazed at how much peace muslims feel during the month :lol:!

Umm y'all trying too hard to lose this game

Pick restaurants and stores more wisely :umm:

And it's no losing lol, you drop the ball you pick it right back up, that's how it is for me anyway, you don't just slurge if you have a weak moment, recognize it, then stop make up for it, and continue the hell on lol

.........................I say this because i had an accidental slip myself, & I was kicking my own ass about it, but it's a long process, and you just keep it moving. I was more upset since it's actually my 1st slip ever doing this kind of thing (when I went on a complete liquid diet, NOOOO Solids for 7 days, I made it, when I did a all Vegitarian week, 7 days NOOOO MEAT, and I made it) lol, this was my 1st slip, but this 1 I think is trickier than both honestly.

And it's no losing lol, you drop the ball you pick it right back up, that's how it is for me anyway, you don't just slurge if you have a weak moment, recognize it, then stop make up for it, and continue the hell on lol

.........................I say this because i had an accidental slip myself, & I was kicking my own ass about it, but it's a long process, and you just keep it moving. I was more upset since it's actually my 1st slip ever doing this kind of thing (when I went on a complete liquid diet, NOOOO Solids for 7 days, I made it, when I did a all Vegitarian week, 7 days NOOOO MEAT, and I made it) lol, this was my 1st slip, but this 1 I think is trickier than both honestly.

sounds a lot like losing to me :shifty:

I'm sure you had a different kind of meat that week :shifty:

sounds a lot like losing to me :shifty:

I'm sure you had a different kind of meat that week :shifty:

LOL nah losing would be quitting completely lol. And that's not happening lol.

:shifty: I did......but before Lent tho lol, I already gave you those details hasn't happened since, BUT....not rulling it out, just holding off on it.

• Upvote 1

there's beers downstairs in a cooler on ice, I didn't put em there.......I think the devil is real. I wonder what Jesus felt 40 days being alone with the devil...tempting him, telling him lies and such. I imagine its a lot like trying to resist things you know aren't good for you. In any case I am on day 8 no drinking, not a drop, senses are heighten, never considered how much drinking sedates you from reality.....its like an escape, a form of escape, from the the reality, from the pain, from your own life I suppose, don't know how long this will last. I believe the temptation is going to get even worst.

there's beers downstairs in a cooler on ice, I didn't put em there.......I think the devil is real. I wonder what Jesus felt 40 days being alone with the devil...tempting him, telling him lies and such. I imagine its a lot like trying to resist things you know aren't good for you. In any case I am on day 8 no drinking, not a drop, senses are heighten, never considered how much drinking sedates you from reality.....its like an escape, a form of escape, from the the reality, from the pain, from your own life I suppose, don't know how long this will last. I believe the temptation is going to get even worst.

:blink: When was Janet alone with Madonna?

• Upvote 1