You guys celebrating Lent?

jarrylf

I just scoff it all down and cry when it's finished :lmao:!! I might have to invest in that machine that TOF recommended and dry my own mangoes.

ME TOO, it's 1 of those things I HATE to run out of lol, And that machine might not be a bad investment lol, Cause Mango's are pretty cheap here so it'd be easier to do that

we loaded up on fruits for the house, I'm LOVING oranges these days too.

ME TOO, it's 1 of those things I HATE to run out of lol, And that machine might not be a bad investment lol, Cause Mango's are pretty cheap here so it'd be easier to do that

we loaded up on fruits for the house, I'm LOVING oranges these days too.

I LOVE Yellow alfonso mangoes imported from Asia >>>>> They're so much better than the regular green/red ones from superstores.

I'm really loving figs these days. Oranges are amazing tbh!

I LOVE Yellow alfonso mangoes imported from Asia >>>>> They're so much better than the regular green/red ones from superstores.

I'm really loving figs these days. Oranges are amazing tbh!

ME TOO, I had figs sometime last week, and loved them (dates too)

UGH the PERFECT orange that's perfectly sweet & pittless>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ANY piece of candy imo (but Im not a candy guy at all, besides candy ars/chocolates, but even those I don't get often)

TBH that's my opinion of most perfect fruit.

ME TOO, I had figs sometime last week, and loved them (dates too)

UGH the PERFECT orange that's perfectly sweet & pittless>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ANY piece of candy imo (but Im not a candy guy at all, besides candy ars/chocolates, but even those I don't get often)

TBH that's my opinion of most perfect fruit.

Dates are the best. The best best best ultra best are ajwa ones. Get them ones grown in Saudi (not Israel pls). Saudi dates are the best.

apparently on Ash Wednesday, Catholics walk around with ash smudged on their foreheads......how did I miss this in 35 years? I saw it twice today....I had no idea this practice was what Ash Wed. was all about....anywho I'm on day 5 no drinks....zero....how ya'll doing? I started early as you can see

I've heard that Catholics are supposed to do that but I've never seen it done lol. My 1st day is going swimmingly, I honestly don't want a thing I can't have, like it's not a single craving, Im betting all the water Im drinking and nuts Im having is the cause. Im hatting I have to piss every 15mins it seems (not literally 15, probably once a hour, but it just seems like alot), but Im drinking a ton of water so it's expected.

apparently on Ash Wednesday, Catholics walk around with ash smudged on their foreheads......how did I miss this in 35 years? I saw it twice today....I had no idea this practice was what Ash Wed. was all about....anywho I'm on day 5 no drinks....zero....how ya'll doing? I started early as you can see

I've never seen it myself tbh although I know they are supposed to :lol:

I found that out in college... It's really strange.. Walking around with ashes on your forehead like you accidentally slept in an ash tray

Does anyone know why?

I think it signifies mortality (e.g. ashes to ashes, dust to dust). Ashes = a sign of repentance too I believe. That's all I slightly remember from primary school.

I'm alright so far... as far as cutting down on sugar generally though, my office chose yesterday to start selling for charity Lizzie cakes - basically pre-packaged muffins, brownies, rocky road, cookies, snowy mountains and flapjack. I came home with a rocky road bar. :asham: It was amazing :lmao:

But I haven't touched Tangfastics. I find usually that drinking chai tea helps with sugar cravings because it's naturally sweet.

• Upvote 2

You know what, I'm finding today....I want stuff but am able to snap out of it still....but...it's Girl Scout Cookie time.....little bitches...(I feel horrible saying that but damnit why did I NEVER notice that they sell those damn things this time a year? HOW DARE THEY!)

:mellow:

I've heard that Catholics are supposed to do that but I've never seen it done lol. My 1st day is going swimmingly, I honestly don't want a thing I can't have, like it's not a single craving, Im betting all the water Im drinking and nuts Im having is the cause. Im hatting I have to piss every 15mins it seems (not literally 15, probably once a hour, but it just seems like alot), but Im drinking a ton of water so it's expected.

Really?? You guys have never seen it?