Beyonce named Highest Grossing Black Artist of all time

JoeJoe

Beyoncé has been named the highest-paid black artist of all time.

According to Billboard magazine, Queen B has overtaken previous earning records held by the likes ofMichael Jackson, his sister Janet and Prince to take the title - and it's all thanks to her Mrs Carter Show world tour. The publication claims that Bey took home a cool $212million (£126m) from the year-long jaunt, with the tour eventually selling 1.8million tickets across 126 dates.The most recent European leg of the tour - which saw the star perform 25 dates from February to March - is thought to have earned her $41.1million (£26m) alone. Bey is set to make even more cash this year after announcing a joint US tour with hubby Jay Z, titled On The Run, which starts this summer.

It is currently unknown whether the power couple will bring their shows to the UK.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/beyonce/news/beyonce-named-highestearning-black-artist-of-all-time

It's misleading though. She's had the highest grossing tour by a black artist.... That's not the same as being the highest grossing black artist period

:huh: it's not misleading as it is false.. Janet, her brother, and that other has-been's tours have done better

The people they mentioned in comparison are blk :umm:

• Upvote 1

Bad Tour adjusted for inflation: $260,005,501.76 from 4.4 million tickets sold.

This is just from one tour. Dangerous out-grossed it with 3.5 million tickets sold and HIStory outgrossed them both with 4.5 million tickets sold(still trying to find the earnings for them.)

Highest-grossing, my ass.

• Upvote 2

Bad Tour adjusted for inflation: $260,005,501.76 from 4.4 million tickets sold.

This is just from one tour. Dangerous out-grossed it with 3.5 million tickets sold and HIStory outgrossed them both with 4.5 million tickets sold(still trying to find the earnings for them.)

Highest-grossing, my ass.

You don't have to do the Bad Tour... I think that's his highest grossing tour

Who cares about gross, it's pointless to compare gross in the 90's to today, just like it's pointless to compare album sales from today to back then.

Focus on attendance and ticket sales instead

I think it's very important to compare gross and it is not the same as album sales seeing as tho tour gross has not declined due to the internet, but it has strengthen

Attendance and tick sales aren't true identifiers for commercial success

I think it's very important to compare gross and it is not the same as album sales seeing as tho tour gross has not declined due to the internet, but it has strengthen

Attendance and tick sales aren't true identifiers for commercial success

No, you cannot compare gross from old tours to new tours. Here is an example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_concert_tours

Only two tours from the 90's appear on the list, everything else is much newer. Understanding it now?

On that they were correct :coffee:

No. If I remember correctly they were trying to merge Gaga's two tours into one. Just like they tried to merge Katy's re-release #1 singles into one album so they could claim it beat Janets record. Janhova forever remaining the one to beat.

• Upvote 1