Monica and Brandy

Shawn1814

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is it that Monica had an album out last year and damn near finished with her new album with a title and theme and Brandy aint doing shit???

MonicaMyLife Monica

Can't wait until you guys hear New Life.. This album speaks volumes about my WHOLE life. Hurt, happiness,pain,love,joy, my kids & redemption

Brandy's music hasn't been selling so she focused on TV. And she had a good year by the way. She made it to the top four on DWTS, which was the #1 show on TV damn near every week she was on it. Plus she's listed as an executive producer and stars in her own Reality TV show on VH1, so she's getting paid. TV is a more steady gig than music. I love monica, but some of yall are acting like she came back the MC did in 2005. Yes she had some success but her album isnt multi platinum. And considering her album just came out like 6 months ago, if it was the success folks claim she would still be promoting it. There's no need to shade brandy in order to promote monica.

Brandy's music hasn't been selling so she focused on TV. And she had a good year by the way. She made it to the top four on DWTS, which was the #1 show on TV damn near every week she was on it. Plus she's listed as an executive producer and stars in her own Reality TV show on VH1, so she's getting paid. TV is a more steady gig than music. I love monica, but some of yall are acting like she came back the MC did in 2005. Yes she had some success but her album isnt multi platinum. And considering her album just came out like 6 months ago, if it was the success folks claim she would still be promoting it. There's no need to shade brandy in order to promote monica.

Okay but Blatin is saying Brandy needs to take all this tv exposure and redirect the attention to her music..therefore she will bring her "audience" thats following her now into her music and hopefully resurrect her career. Not to mention on her reality show she's being saying how hungry and ready she is to return back to the stage but we have yet to see anything. Thats all Blatin is saying...her progress is moving at a much slower pace than her so called anxious energy.

And you're right Monica's "comeback" wasnt a TEOM comeback but its certainly alot more than what Brandys doing (on the music side)

Monica did very good this past year. We all knew she wouldn't go platinum but on the r&b side she had a number one and number 2 single.. And she did pretty well on her tour..

And I wasn't downing Brandy I was just wondering why she hasn't taken advantage of her show to start her album..

Okay but Blatin is saying Brandy needs to take all this tv exposure and redirect the attention to her music..therefore she will bring her "audience" thats following her now into her music and hopefully resurrect her career. Not to mention on her reality show she's being saying how hungry and ready she is to return back to the stage but we have yet to see anything. Thats all Blatin is saying...her progress is moving at a much slower pace than her so called anxious energy.

And you're right Monica's "comeback" wasnt a TEOM comeback but its certainly alot more than what Brandys doing (on the music side)

YOU make valid points, but that's not what I took from Blatin's post at all. And for the record, Brandy and Ray J are suppose to be releasing a joint album some time this year. But her music isn't selling, so she would be smarter to focus on TV, since she seems to be doing well there. I would love some new music from her, (and Janet), but until then I can wait.

YOU make valid points, but that's not what I took from Blatin's post at all. And for the record, Brandy and Ray J are suppose to be releasing a joint album some time this year. But her music isn't selling, so she would be smarter to focus on TV, since she seems to be doing well there. I would love some new music from her, (and Janet), but until then I can wait.

If Brandy didn't say she wanted to make another I would have never made this thread..

Thats NOTHING to brag about aed05 :lmao: :lmao: #justsaying

Thats fine and dandy that she's doing well with tv but your missing the point of what Brandy's "mission" actually is. She's doing these things to gain exposure and popularity again for her status in the game. Her first love is MUSIC and thats really where she wants to be right now..but WHAT IS THE HOLD UP? Its not like she's too busy..she has a reality show NOT a sitcom..the cameras is following her around in her day to day activities...so ..... :unsure:

If Brandy didn't say she wanted to make another I would have never made this thread..

EXACTLY! Brandy is the one thats saying it ... this mos def should have been the time that she dropped an album..she's gonna fuck around and wait til this season is over and her little peak of the publics interest is gonna be dead by then .. Her management is mishandling her.

Thats NOTHING to brag about aed05 :lmao: :lmao: #justsaying

Thats fine and dandy that she's doing well with tv but your missing the point of what Brandy's "mission" actually is. She's doing these things to gain exposure and popularity again for her status in the game. Her first love is MUSIC and thats really where she wants to be right now..but WHAT IS THE HOLD UP? Its not like she's too busy..she has a reality show NOT a sitcom..the cameras is following her around in her day to day activities...so ..... :unsure:

Plus Ray J is the only one in the studio..

Archived