GAME: Janet Jackson Singles Rate...THE RESULTS!

bu.

Lets predict the top 10!

10. Black Cat

9. Feedback

8. Again

7. Let's Wait Awhile

6. All For You

5. Together Again

4. That's The Way Love Goes

3. Come Back To Me

2. I Get Lonely

1. Love Will Never Do (Without You)

Now that I see this I realise what a travesty it is that If and Miss You Much have to settle for the teens while Feedback will finish in the Top 10. This is not okay.

Oh la la madamoiselle. I'm taken aback by your relentless pursuit of trying to make "Encore" "fetch", if you will. The chart performance of Janet's most forgettable ballad has no bearing on its popularity. If that's the case, TTWLG and TA are Janet's most popular songs. However, through Her impact, we know that is not the case. The abridged version of LWA appears on tours because the arrangement allows for it to be altered. "Encore" is not arranged in the same structure as LWA, thus Janet has no choice but to drag out "AgaiNyquil". And on every tour, Janet spends the next three or four songs trying to awake the audience from that insomnia cure. Whether or not Justin interpolated the song in one performance, that's one performance outside of a Janet tour that "Again" never see. Although, if your argument were valid, you'd think Justin would have selected "Janet's most popular ballad" to perform. Unfortunately, again, that is not the case. It should also be noted that LWA was given a full revival at Icon in 2001, as performed by Michelle Williams and the girls, while "Again" was thrown in a video montage. LWA was even used as a contraceptive during the HIV/AIDS outbreak in the 80s, whilst promoting abstinence. So much for "Janet's most popular ballad". 

tumblr_inline_n4lzmdBs1G1r4rz2z.gif

janetsinglesrating.png

Coming in at number 10 is...............

10. Come Back To Me. 9.12

Released as the albums 5th single in 1990, this caressing, lamenting ballad was a departure from the funky Janet that everybody had witnessed with previous Rhythm Nation singles. The gut-wrenching, stripped back vocals, the emotional, languishing lyrics and the glistening simple production really provided us with a vulnerable heart-broken Janet that the world had not known prior to this. Although the song failed to top the billboard Hot 100 (cock-blocked by Vision of Love), it did become Janet's first #1 hit on the US Adult Contemporary chart. Showing various iconic Parisian monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, the Grand Palais, the Gare d’Austerlitz, the Champs de Mar area, Pont de Bir-Hakeim, views from Montmarte, the video was once again directed by the legendary Dominic Sena who also directed previous RN1814 singles Miss You Much and Rhythm Nation as well as The Pleasure Principle and Let's Wait Awhile. 

janetsinglesrating.png

At number 9.

9. Black Cat. 9.19

Released as the sixth single from Rhythm Nation 1814 and going on to become her fourth No. 1 on the Hot 100, the hard rock production Black Cat earned Janet a Grammy nomination for Best Rock Vocal Performance, making the superstar the only artist in history to have Grammy nominations spanning the Dance, Pop, R&B, Rap and Rock categories. A firm fan favourite for a number of reasons, probably the most special is the fact that Janet is Black Cat's sole songwriter, aided on production duties by Jellybean Johnson of The Time. With its heavy metal influence, Black Cat set the standard for every pop chick from Christina Aguilera (Fighter) to Rihanna (Rockstar 101) when it came to carving out that one signature headbanging tune.

Written by TwistedElegance™