True Life: I'm An "Artist Formerly Known As "Janet Jackson" Fan

Mr. Wonder

A part of me wishes Janet would assert herself more(especially after the SB stunt), but then again, she shouldn't have to. "Control" and "Rhythm Nation" pretty much solidified her iconic status. I know the kiddies of today don't understand the impact, but back then, those albums made her a household name. She was the alternative to Whitney and Anita Baker. She also inspired the other girls to dance in their videos.

-hotboy

I be so sick of dis bitch playing "Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego" in between projects and ALWAYS trying to maintain a low profile. That's why she's always getting overlooked for stuff. This goes back to the VH1 thread - Janet needs to put herself out there more. She's gotta be more of an attention whore - kinda like how Mariah and Madonna are - but still maintain her class. This reclusive attitude has got to go.

-Austin

Co-sign with these

She doesn't get herself out there enough/make herself known

People (esp the lesser kids) forget her iconic status and achievements

I blame Janhova for that

But then I think about her life.. maybe she too depressed/doesnt care... True You issues @ play

Someone is going to be upset but:

Together Again (Deeper Remix)song and video >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the original

-Austin

NO!!

She looks awful in the DR Video puke.gifpuke.gif

And the song....bored.gifbored.gif

The AFY routine is the first Janet routine that I had learned from start to finish. :lmao: DJ and Superbowl was a trying time for a young Witness, but I pulled through. 20YO was the same, as was Discipline. -_- And now I'm in a new space. :thumbup:

-Austin

Iconic

One of the best music videos, and brilliant choreography

You may now exit the fan community....

fljy82.jpg

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Gurl stop :lmao:

thumbup1.gifthumbup1.gifthumbup1.gif

Together-Again-deeper-remix-video-janet-jackson-19413573-320-240.gif

Beautiful.

Get that fukn ring outta ya nose!

janetta.gif

Much betta

Song-wise and video-wise, the original shits all over that lame remix :yawn: It's not even the best "TA" remix :filenails:

You'll just have to deal with the fact that the original trumps DR. If anything, she should have done a video for the DJ P remix :filenails:

Yes,

The DJ Priemer remix>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The AMA combo of the remixes........FIYAH!!

That itself is a music video!

She shoulda released that, done a video for it

Austin has definitely lost his mind... If anything, TPP hasnt aged at all... still hot

U need to get urself on the Pettibone remixes

The album version can be stale, boring, repetitive

I do have to say, the teenage look way so adorable for her. But it was awkward as hell how she found that with him of all people :umm:

It was cute at first and only during Ellen interviews, but it got tired when the Discipline era came about. Plus he drunk too much and threw up on her during a party.

Ima need to go back and read this thread

TOF u get a +1 for preaching on IF and TPP

How can anyone not like those songs, or say theyre overrated (music or video)... esp "If"....that whole video, choreography, concept is iconic and spectacular

I don't know what his issue is. :sigh:

TPP is just boring. Like the song is so blaaaaah to me. It's like an extended metaphor of nothing. The metaphor in "Luv" >>>>>> I've tried over and over to like the song but it's just not gonna happen. It's actually my fourth least played song from Control. Ever since I've been studying dance, I've come to like the video because the dancing is immaculate and her technique is excellent as well as her incorporation of different styles of dance.

"If". Lord don't even get me started. :sigh: Janet fans like to act like this video is Janet's shinning moment and the holy grail of her videography. 'Tis not. The video is good, but it's not the best video she has put out. Plus the routine is fairly simple. MYM, RN, TPP, TA choreography >>>>>>>> "If". The song is good but not great like RN or IGL. I really don't know what fans' obsession with 1993 is but it's really questionable. Sure she was on top of the world, but the janet. album is the permanent lesser in Janet's landmark 5. RN1814 is Janet's best era to date. None can remotely complete.

I just can't comprehend how it could be boring to you. :huh: Perhaps not a "fav", but for it to be down right boring to you. I don't get it. lol

That video is one of Janet's shinning moments. I believe that video was the "Single Ladies" of it's time because of the iconic breakdown. I don't have any proof, but I bet all the gays were doing it. lol

I think 93 era is so iconic because Janet's image changed so dramatically and it effected the game plan of every female artist that followed her. It was a game changer. Which her career has always been up to that point, but I guess that was her at her most impactful in the industry.

It was cute at first and only during Ellen interviews, but it got tired when the Discipline era came about. Plus he drunk too much and threw up on her during a party.

That era didn't fit for them as a couple at all, especially in my mind. He was annoying as hell during that era. Plus, their relationship really confused the sound of the Discipline album especially the title song. I could NOT see them that way. AT ALL :umm:

SMH @ that nappy ass hair in Janet's head that original. Running around the park with a bunch of animals like Katherine didn't give her any home training.

Whereas DR Janet was displaying nothing but the utmost class and elegance in the video. She comes home and takes off her shoes, which is customary in some cultures. She is considerate and doesn't want to get dirt on the carpet. Original Janet comes in with her mud covered combat boots dancing all around like a coon. smh.

DR >>>>>>>>>>>> Original

Bitch!!! :lmao: :lmao:

That era didn't fit for them as a couple at all, especially in my mind. He was annoying as hell during that era. Plus, their relationship really confused the sound of the Discipline album especially the title song. I could NOT see them that way. AT ALL :umm:

-_- Plus after putting everything to play (a certain song from 20 Y.O. and a picture of Janet & Wissam sitting close to each other back in '06 only to have Gil sit in the middle), I posted that "With U" was about Wissam and she was over JD -_-

Bitch!!! :lmao: :lmao:

He really tried that :umm:

I just can't comprehend how it could be boring to you. :huh: Perhaps not a "fav", but for it to be down right boring to you. I don't get it. lol

That video is one of Janet's shinning moments. I believe that video was the "Single Ladies" of it's time because of the iconic breakdown. I don't have any proof, but I bet all the gays were doing it. lol

I think 93 era is so iconic because Janet's image changed so dramatically and it effected the game plan of every female artist that followed her. It was a game changer. Which her career has always been up to that point, but I guess that was her at her most impactful in the industry.

It's one of the weakest singles too. It's just boring to me. I skip it so often cuz it just does nothing for me. I would rather listen to Luv, FB , MM, RWU rather than TPP.

1993 is just overrated. I really don't get it. Without the RN era, Janet wouldn't have been the "Janet Jackson" of that time. She wouldn't be on the level of MJ, Madonna, and Prince if she hadn't put that album out and dominated the scene from August 1989 to ~June 1991. It's definitely more of an important period for Janet's career.

-_- Plus after putting everything to play (a certain song from 20 Y.O. and a picture of Janet & Wissam sitting close to each other back in '06 only to have Gil sit in the middle), I posted that "With U" was about Wissam and she was over JD -_-

That wouldn't surprise me -_-

The Manolos in the DR video >>>>>> the High Sierra combat boots

I love both videos. I loved how she stripped down TA with the deeper remix..I remember buying the cd single and playing it for filth! I need to download that song..It's soooo soothing. But the original is just.. :wub: The subject matter to a house beat=genius.

That wouldn't surprise me -_-

It took us years to figure out who "With U" was really about. Her explanation about the track on 106 & Park told it all and we didn't pay attention -_-

I can't with him! PP put Janet on the map. If you were around that time, you would have seen the impact it made.

Doesn't Kim Fields (and J.Lo) stan for that song :excited: I mean she's a Janet stan period, but doesn't she usually speak about that song?

I love both videos. I loved how she stripped down TA with the deeper remix..I remember buying the cd single and playing it for filth! I need to download that song..It's soooo soothing. But the original is just.. :wub: The subject matter to a house beat=genius.

It was my favorite song and video for quite some time during and after its release. I still play it daily. :wub:

I tried to do the back flip and the chair thing -_-

And how did that turn out? -_-

It's one of the weakest singles too. It's just boring to me. I skip it so often cuz it just does nothing for me. I would rather listen to Luv, FB , MM, RWU rather than TPP.

1993 is just overrated. I really don't get it. Without the RN era, Janet wouldn't have been the "Janet Jackson" of that time. She wouldn't be on the level of MJ, Madonna, and Prince if she hadn't put that album out and dominated the scene from August 1989 to ~June 1991. It's definitely more of an important period for Janet's career.

Weak? TPP? :blink: I have others that I favor over TPP, but weak and boring? :mellow:

RN is the most important, but it seems Janet. era is seen as more iconic to the fans and the general public. I don't know why... lol