Grand jury rules in Michael Brown's death

bu.

Wilson has bounties on his life....he needs to go find a rock to stay under....I talked with folks at the barbershop and one guy said if you're Black and living in Ferguson you should have told your kids to move away because its that bad....I get it....basically any place that has a history of race tensions that high, is no place for someone of color, because they get the short stick

Im just gonna watch Paul Mooney,he tells some serious truths

Didn't they disregard the witnesses and start blaming social media?

That's pretty much what the guy was saying at the start of his statement.  That the eyewitnesses piggy backed off what they saw online and the media stirred it up by repeating it.   How come there is no video from the police car dash cam?  How come no one is asking about that?  

That's pretty much what the guy was saying at the start of his statement.  That the eyewitnesses piggy backed off what they saw online and the media stirred it up by repeating it.   How come there is no video from the police car dash cam?  How come no one is asking about that?  

Mess! The whole thing was a mess.

Who are "they"?

The officials? The one that read the speech? 

none of these so-called witnesses had a camera phone ? :mellow:

Wilson's story doesn't make sense, if he got off a shot to Brown, and Brown instead continues on to assault the officer, that defies any logic. I believe most people in the face of a gun would yield period....not oh you shot me and now Im really pissed.....this shit don't add up :filenails:

none of these so-called witnesses had a camera phone ? :mellow:

Wilson's story doesn't make sense, if he got off a shot to Brown, and Brown instead continues on to assault the officer, that defies any logic. I believe most people in the face of a gun would yield period....not oh you shot me and now Im really pissed.....this shit don't add up :filenails:

There has to be.  Maybe people were paid off. You have all that cell phone footage of him laying in the street and the cop walking around.  I'm sure someone has some footage prior to that. you had the audio from some person that was on Skype.  Did they attempt to enhance the audio to hear other people's reaction in the background.  Its the projects so there has to be a street cam somewhere.  These families also need to stop hiring Ben Crump. 

There has to be.  Maybe people were paid off. You have all that cell phone footage of him laying in the street and the cop walking around.  I'm sure someone has some footage prior to that. you had the audio from some person that was on Skype.  Did they attempt to enhance the audio to hear other people's reaction in the background.  Its the projects so there has to be a street cam somewhere.  These families also need to stop hiring Ben Crump.

somehow brown was shot nine times .....Wilson is not making sense but they had him well prepped

Don't diss America as a whole. It was the Ferguson grand jury's choice not to indict him.

No, it was the Prosecutor's decision to not want to indict him which guided the grand jury to not indict him.  If the prosecution wanted an indictment. They would've gotten one.  Point blank and simple.  Then for the president to come on national television and say let's try to move on and to trust a legal system that by its design was not created to protect the poor or minority, is just crazy.  This didn't/doesn't just happen in Ferguson. Similar thing happened in SC just this week also.  It happened in Trayvon Martin case. Bernhard Goetz. Rodney King. The list goes on.. and on.. and on.. and on.  

• Upvote 1

No, it was the Prosecutor's decision to not want to indict him which guided the grand jury to not indict him.  If the prosecution wanted an indictment. They would've gotten one.  Point blank and simple.  Then for the president to come on national television and say let's try to move on and to trust a legal system that by its design was not created to protect the poor or minority, is just crazy.  This didn't/doesn't just happen in Ferguson. Similar thing happened in SC just this week also.  It happened in Trayvon Martin case. Bernhard Goetz. Rodney King. The list goes on.. and on.. and on.. and on.  

some people don't understand the reaction because of the very same disconnect that causes it. People dont get that Black folks feel targeted by police and often are the victims of brutality aimed at them solely based on racial profiling. This is not new, and anyone Black that has ever had to deal with an aggressive white police officer understands the built up frustration with a legal system that attacks Blacks....people are reacting to shit they tired of seeing again and again.

No, it was the Prosecutor's decision to not want to indict him which guided the grand jury to not indict him. If the prosecution wanted an indictment. They would've gotten one. Point blank and simple. Then for the president to come on national television and say let's try to move on and to trust a legal system that by its design was not created to protect the poor or minority, is just crazy. This didn't/doesn't just happen in Ferguson. Similar thing happened in SC just this week also. It happened in Trayvon Martin case. Bernhard Goetz. Rodney King. The list goes on.. and on.. and on.. and on.

Actually the grand jury in the Trayvon Martin case indicted Zimmerman :umm: sooo not the same thing. Idk who the rest are

The legal system is one of the best in the world... It's the peers who make decisions (guilty or not-guilty... Indictment or no indictment) that are flawed

I stand by the President

some people don't understand the reaction because of the very same disconnect that causes it. People dont get that Black folks feel targeted by police and often are the victims of brutality aimed at them solely based on racial profiling. This is not new, and anyone Black that has ever had to deal with an aggressive white police officer understands the built up frustration with a legal system that attacks Blacks....people are reacting to shit they tired of seeing again and again.

The legal system does not attack black "folk".. A basic understanding of your rights is all one needs.

The legal system does not attack black "folk".. A basic understanding of your rights is all one needs.

the same system that at one point said we couldnt vote? the same system that told us we were less than human? Even an understanding of your rights does not guarantee those same rights will be allotted to you.

the same system that at one point said we couldnt vote? the same system that told us we were less than human? Even an understanding of your rights does not guarantee those same rights will be allotted to you.

I'm happy you know your history but it's 2014 and not 1869... We all all human.. No one in our generation (including yours) has said otherwise. And Yes the Republicans have made it harder for minirities to vote but that's bc we vote mostly for democratic policies and people. Did you even vote this year?

I disagree with that last statement. Everyone in the United States are given rights based on our Constitution. A basic understanding goes a long way.

I'm happy you know your history but it's 2014 and not 1869... We all all human.. No one in our generation (including yours) has said otherwise. And Yes the Republicans have made it harder for minirities to vote but that's bc we vote mostly for democratic policies and people. Did you even vote this year?

I disagree with that last statement. Everyone in the United States are given rights based on our Constitution. A basic understanding goes a long way.

Where were you when we posted the Midterm Elections thread :blink: I usually take the bait with you because its a fun back and forth salsa like dance we do, but honey you off beat today :umm:

And whether you agree with the last statement or not does not change the statistical facts that minorities are disproportionally affected in a detrimental way by the United States justice system. I'm not going to do a debate with you on what I know to be fact and lastly despite the fact its 2014, look around you the more things change the more they stay the same. :wave: Happy Thanksgiving I  love you more

Where were you when we posted the Midterm Elections thread :blink: I usually take the bait with you because its a fun back and forth salsa like dance we do, but honey you off beat today :umm:

And whether you agree with the last statement or not does not change the statistical facts that minorities are disproportionally affected in a detrimental way by the United States justice system. I'm not going to do a debate with you on what I know to be fact and lastly despite the fact its 2014, look around you the more things change the more they stay the same. :wave: Happy Thanksgiving I love you more

I wasn't in that thread :blink:

Yes, there are more black people in prison than white in the US. Nothing new.. There are many factors as to why that is but it doesn't take away the fact that A general knowledge of the judicial system goes a long way

Quoting an 200 year old line from a Frenchman isn't exactly helping your case ;)

Actually the grand jury in the Trayvon Martin case indicted Zimmerman :umm: sooo not the same thing. Idk who the rest are

The legal system is one of the best in the world... It's the peers who make decisions (guilty or not-guilty... Indictment or no indictment) that are flawed

I stand by the President

Game.  As a lawyer with a criminal law background, I know the difference between an indictment and a trial.  Furthermore, there was no grand jury in the Zimmerman case. The prosecuting attorney in charge stated that she did not need a grand jury to do her job for her and filed the charges herself.  When I said it's the same thing, I mean that our societal laws, such as Stand Your Ground, which many states allow, and the application of the law or lack of such application to overzealous cops whose hasty killings  are rationalized only merely by a racial motives, are not designed to protect the poor or minority.  

While our legal system is one of the best in the world, it does not mean that it isn't flawed.  The President, also a lawyer, stated such in his remarks addressing the Ferguson outcome. Maybe this is what you mean by you stand by the President because in a world where there is still countries killing its own citizens, it is not merely enough to gloat about having "one of the best" legal systems in the world.  In fact, it was President Lyndon B Johnson who said it was a joke for the United States to think of themselves as this Great Society when we treated our own citizens as second-rate individuals based on the color of the race. 

I don't give a good got damn about what kind of post-racial United States you want to pretend to live in, the fact of the matter is that African-Americans are still getting disproportionally sentenced for crimes, violence against innocent African-Americans is still disproportionally going unpunished, and we have not made much progress on the justice front since the 1980s.  In fact, due to get tough crime stances popularized by politicians to get elected, we have actually regressed and continue to do so. 

Furthermore the fact that you seemingly just shrugged your shoulders at the fact that "Republicans"  -- (more like the Supreme Court)-- made it harder for poor minorities in the rural south to vote is troubling.  However, this is sadly understandable because in our "America, the perfect" story the narrative that we are still treating certain citizens as second rate (largely the poor, minorities, gays, women, and others we deem undesirable) doesn't quite fit in the image we like to portray. 

• Upvote 2