Janet let it be known during TVR she eventually wants her own label

jarrylf

I had a conversation with the #Janfam before we went to the BET awards about RN records, and we all were saying we had no reference of her ever saying that this was a career move she wanted to make. cut to last night, just rumaging through some Youtube interviews and seeing if I can find any new rarities for here (I did), I stumbled on this audio interview where she flat out said she eventually wants to start her own label. Asside from that piece of info, it's a really nice informative interview, most of us knew probably most of what she's talking about but it's a really nice interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI_Agrxy50E

Edited by jarrylf

Right, Im kinda taken with this interview as a whole, but it's just so cool that she like said this, but never (to my knowlege) publicly has again until recently

"I've always dream't of having a label... it's very time consuming though. And I'm the kind of person who likes to concentrate on 1 thing at a time, so that's gonna be pretty tough...so...who knows maybe I will someday...."- Janet1998

You go girl!

She told angie martinez the same thing in an interview.  and that she wanted to mold other artists.   

I remember that. Angie asked her which artists of the time would she sign and if I remember correctly, she said Biggie, Brandy, and Aaliyah.

Kinsa crazy how 2/3 of the people you named are no longer with us 

She told angie martinez the same thing in an interview.  and that she wanted to mold other artists.   

I remember that. Angie asked her which artists of the time would she sign and if I remember correctly, she said Biggie, Brandy, and Aaliyah.

Kind of surprised she said Biggie.  He would still be here if he were on a different label and his music would have been better.  He was an excellent lyricist before puffy got his hands on him.  The only bad thing is she would have to deal with 10 million dudes packed in the studio just like all them dudes came on stage when she was at the source awards with busta.  It was just her busta and missy then in seconds the stage was full of people.   

Kind of surprised she said Biggie.  He would still be here if he were on a different label and his music would have been better.  He was an excellent lyricist before puffy got his hands on him.  The only bad thing is she would have to deal with 10 million dudes packed in the studio just like all them dudes came on stage when she was at the source awards with busta.  It was just her busta and missy then in seconds the stage was full of people.   

the 90s was all about crew and entourage 

im more surprised she said Brandy. I have NEVER heard janet speak on her ever. Didnt think she had any interest in her like that at all. I guess moreso from a business sense she was saying that would have been a good person to sign back then

Edited by janetDAYZ

im more surprised she said Brandy. I have NEVER heard janet speak on her ever. Didnt think she had any interest in her like that at all. I guess moreso from a business sense she was saying that would have been a good person to sign back then

yeah I thought brandy was more with Whitney.  I was shocked to see Brandy write a blog about Janet for the BET awards.   But Brandy had so much potential at that time.  She had the Cinderella movie and the TV show.  I am shocked how she turned out now.  It would have been interesting to see what Janet could have done with her. Brandy's voice like Janet's is underrated.