Did You Know: Gwen Stefani Released Her Album?

It did become her first number 1 album. I was a big no doubt fan back in the day, but I was only a casual Gwen Stefani fan. I think I like her solo work more now (even the old albums) than I did then. But yeah, I think Fergie kinda grabbed her solo niche back then and did it better.

Lettuce not forget that she got some negative feedback with The Sweet Escape so 76k after 90 years of no album is pretty good for her.

None of the 00's trinity survived. Nelly got 6k with her album, Gwen 76k and we shall see whats gonna happen to Fergie.

Edit: Sweet escape :lol: 

Lettuce not forget that she got some negative feedback with The Great Escape so 76k after 90 years of no album is pretty good for her.

None of the 00's trinity survived. Nelly got 6k with her album, Gwen 76k and we shall see whats gonna happen to Fergie.

She shouldnt even bother...if we're over Gwen then Fergie defintely doesnt stand a chance. They both are dated 

I actually like most of it. As a pop record it's pretty true to itself, I just can't stand the baby-talk tone in her voice on some tracks. It's got nothing on L.A.M.B., though, and nor did The Sweet Escape. I watched the videos from her debut album the other day and it's pretty clear she's said goodbye to that kind of creativity and spirit.

She shouldnt even bother...if we're over Gwen then Fergie defintely doesnt stand a chance. They both are dated 

LA Love did better then every single Gwen released since The Sweet Escape so who knows?! She might do better numbers but yeah Fergie is another girl who is pretty much over. 

These girls took a huge break from music which gave katy perry, Rihanna etc space to grab their seats and run away with it. Now they want to return and there is just no place for them. None of them became an icon or a legend so they are nothing more than nostalgic acts with great 00 albums. 
That combined with the industry being in ruins and run by social media + stan wars and you get the low # they are pulling off.

Spirit Indestructible and This Is What The Truth Feels Like are good albums for todays standards but are no where near the quality of their previous work.

LA Love did better then every single Gwen released since The Sweet Escape so who knows?! She might do better numbers but yeah Fergie is another girl who is pretty much over. 
These girls took a huge break from music which gave katy perry, Rihanna etc space to grab their seats and run away with it. Now they want to return and there is just no place for them. None of them became an icon or a legend so they are nothing more than nostalgic acts with great 00 albums. 
That combined with the industry being in ruins and run by social media + stan wars and you get the low # they are pulling off.

Spirit Indestructible and This Is What The Truth Feels Like are good albums for todays standards but are no where near the quality of their previous work.

My sentiments exactly. If u aint one of the HBIC's in the game u cant be taking long ass breaks thinking yo status is still intact. Thats not how the industry works anymore. And you would think they should know how it works since this is the industry they work in but i guess some think that time off is more important than tryna stay relevant and if thats the sacrifice they dont mind making, i cant knock em but just dont be delusional thinking ur gonna be popping like before.

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

I really just think Gwendola had some shit to get off her chest and wanted to make this album. Used To Love You is an instant classic. I don't think she's trying to recapture her glory days... There will always be space for Gwen, she's an icon. Fergie on the other hand was the poor man's Gwen and I don't see it for her...

Why the Gwen vs Fergie comparisons? 

I still LOVE Gwen's first album, and still think her second album is a hot mess. Her label is to blame for her second album. She was only suppose to make one albums as a solo artists, but her album was to big to ignore. 

Fergie's first album was okay, but she knows that she's not a solo artist. 

Why the Gwen vs Fergie comparisons? 

I still LOVE Gwen's first album, and still think her second album is a hot mess. Her label is to blame for her second album. She was only suppose to make one albums as a solo artists, but her album was to big to ignore. 

Fergie's first album was okay, but she knows that she's not a solo artist. 

They share the same story (Girl who came out of group with minimal talent) 

I haven't heard anything from Gwen's album (and I skipped her SNL performances). She's too old for the music she's trying to make IMO.. Madonna teas without the sex so.. Boring 

Edited by #UnbreakableGame