30 MINUTES TO SEE JANET DANCE!!!

Jodienda76

It was the first dance video of hers where the dancing was subpar to me, which I get because pregnant.

The concept was uninspired and thrown together. It's ok, but nothing memorable, which is why I don't get why people said this should've come first. No Sleeep vid is FAR better

There are many quirks in ths videothat I noticed the second, and third time. I absolutely love the dancing. I think I can count with one hand the times I've watched NS. I have already lost count of how many times I've watched DB.

• Upvote 1

I didnt care for it much. Very basic and the choreography was dry and uninspired. Didnt she already do this with her MAKE ME video? ! She looks great though and those hair flips were so CUNT. 

and I didn't notice this until 2 of my friends (1 who's become a new Janet fan) pointed it out and after reading comments on youtube that the fat girl's dancing was not the business and when Janet let her jump out and do that little 3 solo second dance that was supposed to be pop locking it was not the business. I had to keep re-watching her part to see what she was trying to do. It looks like she messed up but had to keep on but I will say that's not pop locking. I pop lock myself and that was not it. Janet ain't gonna ever let Gil go so yeah the choreography is gonna be dry. I'm sure that old black guy brought out some of the more modern dancing but Janet doesn't have young choreographers and I think that's the problem. Gil is old and he smokes so yeah.

There are many quirks in ths videothat I noticed the second, and third time. I absolutely love the dancing. I think I can count with one hand the times I've watched NS. I have already lost count of how many times I've watched DB.

she executed it well, but the choreography was blah.

NS is aesthetically pleasing and suits the song perfectly. It's just all what you prefer

It was the first dance video of hers where the dancing was subpar to me, which I get because pregnant.

The concept was uninspired and thrown together. It's ok, but nothing memorable, which is why I don't get why people said this should've come first. No Sleeep vid is FAR better

this should've come first because it would've been the attention-grabber that Janet needed last summer when she released No Sleeep... The only reason NS stayed at #1 on the urban charts isn't because it's such a great song, but more so because it was being hailed as the first new Janet song in years! Imagine if DB (song and video) would've been released instead.. It would've made an even bigger impact because Janet would be giving the people what they expect, to see her dancing... Although I love this video, I feel it's too little too late.. People have moved on and aren't really interested in seeing much more from her apparently.. Which is why it took like 4 days just to get the DB video over 1mil views.. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

and I didn't notice this until 2 of my friends (1 who's become a new Janet fan) pointed it out and after reading comments on youtube that the fat girl's dancing was not the business and when Janet let her jump out and do that little 3 solo second dance that was supposed to be pop locking it was not the business. I had to keep re-watching her part to see what she was trying to do. It looks like she messed up but had to keep on but I will say that's not pop locking. I pop lock myself and that was not it. Janet ain't gonna ever let Gil go so yeah the choreography is gonna be dry. I'm sure that old black guy brought out some of the more modern dancing but Janet doesn't have young choreographers and I think that's the problem. Gil is old and he smokes so yeah.

I only like the littles. They're better than the older dancers lol

• Upvote 2

this should've come first because it would've been the attention-grabber that Janet needed last summer when she released No Sleeep... The only reason NS stayed at #1 on the urban charts isn't because it's such a great song, but more so because it was being hailed as the first new Janet song in years! Imagine if DB (song and video) would've been released instead.. It would've made an even bigger impact because Janet would be giving the people what they expect, to see her dancing... Although I love this video, I feel it's too little too late.. People have moved on and aren't really interested in seeing much more from her apparently.. Which is why it took like 4 days just to get the DB video over 1mil views.. 

People loved NS and y'all are giving this video too much-it would have been underwhelming IMO if she came with this video. I get what you're saying, though w/ regard to having an upbeat track first. 

• Upvote 1

It would've made an even bigger impact 

No... >_< No it wouldn't.. She is on an independent label.. If she wanted more "impact" she would have signed a multi-million dollar deal with a corporation. Janet made an impact.. She's the only black artist to have a #1 album in four decades... Nominated for the Rock & Roll HOF.. One of the best albums of her late career AND of the year. 

She made an impact in 2015. 

This song comes at the perfect time. It shuts up the fans upset about the tour... This video completely changed the conversation... On TOP of her baby announcement 

"Dammn Baby" song was recorded last AND Janet picked No Sleeep to be the first single when she completed the song... Not to mention the only relevant rapper on the album, J. Cole. "No Sleeep" is the perfect package for her

I'm sure fans were saying that in 1993 & 1997 when Janet pushed to have TTWLG and GTIG's released instead of IF & TA.

Two of her biggest & remembered eras and she didn't dance in the music video..

She's not predictable like others 

13145491_881881138625007_1619070029_n_zp

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 4

No... >_< No it wouldn't.. She is on an independent label.. If she wanted more "impact" she would have signed a multi-million dollar deal with a corporation. Janet made an impact.. She's the only black artist to have a #1 album in four decades... Nominated for the Rock & Roll HOF.. One of the best albums of her late career AND of the year. 

She made an impact in 2015. 

This song comes at the perfect time. It shuts up the fans upset about the tour... This video completely changed the conversation... On TOP of her baby announcement 

"Dammn Baby" song was recorded last AND Janet picked No Sleeep to be the first single when she completed the song... Not to mention the only relevant rapper on the album, J. Cole. "No Sleeep" is the perfect package for her

I'm sure fans were saying that in 1993 & 1997 when Janet pushed to have TTWLG and GTIG's released instead of IF & TA.

Two of her biggest & remembered eras and she didn't dance in the music video..

She's not predictable like others 

13145491_881881138625007_1619070029_n_zp

you can just say that u disagree cuz Idgaf bout all the other mess u felt like typing...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

you can just say that u disagree cuz Idgaf bout all the other mess u felt like typing...

I said what needed to be said thanks to the fantasy world you live in where you think DB would have a larger impact than NS simply bc Janet danced in one of those track and I don't think I asked if you gave a fuck.

I said what needed to be said thanks to the fantasy world you live in where you think DB would have a larger impact than NS simply bc Janet danced in one of those track and I don't think I asked if you gave a fuck.

:lmao:

The only one living in a fantasy world here is you. You just want to defend and use the same tired "independent" pathetic excuse. Indy dosen't mean boring. Janet created too much hype only to deliver a snoozefest. That's not being "unpredictable" it's simply being boring. The era started off wrong, and we ended up FINALLY with a JANET video. It's a damned shame that Janet simply let all the good opportunities fly by. It would have been an unforgettable era. Instead, we got nothing but dissappointments. We can pretend all day that everything was all perfect. But she waited too long to actually deliver. The fire died, now we're left with a great song, and video that will just dissappear with the era. This is her farewell present to us. I can finally feel a bittersweet excitement because she finally gave my impatient ass a proper dance video, but this is the end of it.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I agree. It's blatantly obvious that damn baby would have had more impact as a first single. Or atleast if it was released not long after. Only 'game' would argue otherwise. Fool.

It's a much bigger song that hits hard and is liked by the iTunes buying public.

The era really has lost its momentum. Dammn baby has last views than ain't your mama. That's just crazy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I agree. It's blatantly obvious that damn baby would have had more impact as a first single. Or atleast if it was released not long after. Only 'game' would argue otherwise. Fool.

It's a much bigger song that hits hard and is liked by the iTunes buying public.

The era really has lost its momentum. Dammn baby has last views than ain't your mama. That's just crazy. 

It's liked by the iTunes buying public? :umm: And you can prove that how? Did you poll the iTunes buying public? 

Jennifer Lopez, a pure marketing pop star, is on a website called VEVO.. Janet released her video on YouTube. You all are crazy if you though Janet can compete with big business.. You all set yourselves up for disappointment for not understanding the difference and comparing her to younger stars with half the talent. 

This era is Lackluster for you bc you're a fairweather fan and that's okay

This era was made for her fans who has stuck by her and will continue to stick by her :)     #Unbreakable

The only one living in a fantasy world here is you. You just want to defend and use the same tired "independent" pathetic excuse. Indy dosen't mean boring. Janet created too much hype only to deliver a snoozefest. That's not being "unpredictable" it's simply being boring. The era started off wrong, and we ended up FINALLY with a JANET video. It's a damned shame that Janet simply let all the good opportunities fly by. It would have been an unforgettable era. Instead, we got nothing but dissappointments. We can pretend all day that everything was all perfect. But she waited too long to actually deliver. The fire died, now we're left with a great song, and video that will just dissappear with the era. This is her farewell present to us. I can finally feel a bittersweet excitement because she finally gave my impatient ass a proper dance video, but this is the end of it.

It is not an excuse. Janet is an independent artist. For some reason you pretend to not  comprehend the difference between an artist signed to a contract with a multi-million dollar record label and an artist who isn't.

You have no idea the impact a multi-million dollar record label has on an artist and the industry. From radio, to television, to iTunes. 

Its not a farewell present much like she didn't retire after Number Ones like many (much like yourself) has said and were ultimately wrong about. Janet released this song to 1) promote the fact that she's pregnant 2) (and most important), change the subject.

Mark my words: Janet will be back :coffee: 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 3

It's liked by the iTunes buying public? :umm: And you can prove that how? Did you poll the iTunes buying public? 

Jennifer Lopez, a pure marketing pop star, is on a website called VEVO.. Janet released her video on YouTube. You all are crazy if you though Janet can compete with big business.. You all set yourselves up for disappointment for not understanding the difference and comparing her to younger stars with half the talent. 

This era was made for her fans who has stuck by her and will continue to stick by her :)     #Unbreakable

It is not an excuse. Janet is an independent artist. For some reason you pretend to not  comprehend the difference between an artist signed to a contract with a multi-million dollar record label and an artist who isn't.

You have no idea the impact a multi-million dollar record label has on an artist and the industry. From radio, to television, to iTunes. 

Its not a farewell present much like she didn't retire after Number Ones like many (much like yourself) has said and were ultimately wrong about. Janet released this song to 1) promote the fact that she's pregnant 2) (and most important), change the subject.

you're so corny

giphy_zpsrahuebwj.gif

• Downvote 2

IIt's a farewell present to the era. This era is done. It will be great if Janet does come back. Hopefully, she does it better, and it's not another disaster, dissappointment, and hype that goes nowhere.

• Downvote 1

IIt's a farewell present to the era. This era is done. It will be great if Janet does come back. Hopefully, she does it better, and it's not another disaster, dissappointment, and hype that goes nowhere.

Boy Bye... 

When Janet comes back as an independent artist, it will be the same. 

For someone who doesn't like the era, album, or Janet.. You sure do stick around to say the same crap over and over 

• Upvote 1

Says the member who thinks DB would have made a "bigger impact" based off of nothing 

have u seen how long it's taken DB to get to 1.5mil views?? It wasn't even the most viewed video on YouTube the day it was released (NS was!).. People watched NS because it was the first time people could see Janet in years... NS stalled at 13mil views and won't go any higher.. People got bored of it because the video is, well, boring.. There's no doubt in my mind that DB would've made a bigger online impact had it been the first song/video released.. It's all moot now because the era is most likely over.. For someone who claims to have common sense, it's astounding how you don't agree that DB would've garnered more views had it been released first instead of NS..

go ahead wit ya corny self tho..

Boy Bye... 

For someone who doesn't like the era, album, or Janet.. You sure do stick around to say the same crap over and over 

No YOU are the one who keeps repeating the same crap over, and over, and over. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Boy Bye... 

And I know logic dosent fit you. But I'll repeat it for the slow one on here. I love Janet, love the album. Hate the era. Get it? Good. Now shut he fuck up, and move on to the next topic. You've lost this debate from the beginning. 

• Downvote 1

And I know logic dosent fit you. But I'll repeat it for the slow one on here. I love Janet, love the album. Hate the era. Get it? Good. Now shut he fuck up, and move on to the next topic. You've lost this debate from the beginning. 

If logic doesn't fit me Then it sure as hell doesn't fit you.. Boy bye

have u seen how long it's taken DB to get to 1.5mil views?? It wasn't even the most viewed video on YouTube the day it was released (NS was!).. People watched NS because it was the first time people could see Janet in years... NS stalled at 13mil views and won't go any higher.. People got bored of it because the video is, well, boring.. There's no doubt in my mind that DB would've made a bigger online impact had it been the first song/video released.. It's all moot now because the era is most likely over.. For someone who claims to have common sense, it's astounding how you don't agree that DB would've garnered more views had it been released first instead of NS..

go ahead wit ya corny self tho..

OH NOOOO NOT VIEWS!!!! You right cuz the cat video someone posted got 2 billion views in 48 hours and now that cat is on top of the world 

Views mean nothing. Ask Jennifer Lopez :coffee: 

Glad you THINK DB would have done something, but like everything else you spew, it doesn't matter. You literally have no way of proving me wrong

It matters what Janet thought and she thought correct.. Her era, her rules.. She runs the show. Janet >>> you.Girl bye

Edited by Game