The Grammy's 2017

Bailey

That's a mic feed. :mellow:

While Beyonce was in key, and in the center of pitch throughout her performance. Beyonce is a better vocalist than Adele, any day of the week.

Just. Stop. 

That was not a hot mic she had in her hand.

That was pure playback homie.

It's pretty easy to have a flawless vocal in a LIVE performance when the vocal isn't LIVE.

I doubt there was a moment when her mic was actually switched ON, except when she said "Thank you so much" at the end.

Out of all the performers that night, she was the only one who chose to use playback rather than sing live.

Sad.

Just. Stop. 

That was not a hot mic she had in her hand.

That was pure playback homie.

It's pretty easy to have a flawless vocal in a LIVE performance when the vocal isn't LIVE.

I doubt there was a moment when her mic was actually switched ON, except when she said "Thank you so much" at the end.

Out of all the performers that night, she was the only one who chose to use playback rather than sing live.

Sad.

Something is really wrong with you. :mellow:

Beyoncé’s Grammy Performance Channels Oshun, Spotlights African Spirituality

2017-02-14_1454-min.png

http://atlantablackstar.com/2017/02/14/5-things-know-oshun-inspired-beyonces-grammy-performance/

Revealed: African goddess of water and fertility that blesses mothers with TWINS who Beyoncé paid homage to at last night's Grammy's (and in Lemonade)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4221100/Was-Oshun-Beyonce-s-Grammy-Award-inspiration.html#ixzz4YjWlz2bY 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This has gotta be awkward for you right now. 

I'm not the one acting like I'm on Beyonce's payroll bruh... ? 

I'm the one who's posting with common sense. That's a mic feed, meaning the audio from the mic is filtered through a separate channel on the sound engineer's switchboard. You're starting to enter the demographic of Internet users that I despite and my biggest pet peeve on social media. :mellow:

• Upvote 1

I'm the one who's posting with common sense. That's a mic feed, meaning the audio from the mic is filtered through a separate channel on the sound engineer's switchboard. You're starting to enter the demographic of Internet users that I despite and my biggest pet peeve on social media. :mellow:

I get what that is supposed to be (a mic feed), I never said I didn't understand what that video of it was meant to show/represent..

what I'm saying is that is bullshit.. that's not in fact a mic feed, rather its the isolated vocal track that she lip-synched to.. it's pretty obvious, even from the broadcast version..

you're so pressed about my thoughts on Beyonce.. I love this, please keep this going! 

In September, about 70 members of the Rock Sorting Committee met to discuss, among other topics, whether “Don’t Hurt Yourself” is a rock song. Beyoncé wrote, produced and recorded the song with Jack White, and they used a Led Zeppelin sample. “We played it for the group,” Mr. Freimuth said. “There wasn’t all that much discussion. Everybody said, ‘That’s a rock song.’”

According to a senior music executive who attended the meeting, and spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the internal deliberations, there was a “very spirited debate that took maybe five minutes” and included several voters’ suspicions that by recording a rock song and a country song (“Daddy Lessons”) on her album “Lemonade,” Beyoncé was trying to “run the table” on nominations in a diverse group of categories.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/06/arts/music/grammys-best-rock-performance.html?_r=0

So basically they punished her for diversifying. They wanted her to stay in her lane and not experiment. Don't Hurt Yourself is probably my favourite song on the album.

Edited by Dammn Bu

In September, about 70 members of the Rock Sorting Committee met to discuss, among other topics, whether “Don’t Hurt Yourself” is a rock song. Beyoncé wrote, produced and recorded the song with Jack White, and they used a Led Zeppelin sample. “We played it for the group,” Mr. Freimuth said. “There wasn’t all that much discussion. Everybody said, ‘That’s a rock song.’”

According to a senior music executive who attended the meeting, and spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the internal deliberations, there was a “very spirited debate that took maybe five minutes” and included several voters’ suspicions that by recording a rock song and a country song (“Daddy Lessons”) on her album “Lemonade,” Beyoncé was trying to “run the table” on nominations in a diverse group of categories.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/06/arts/music/grammys-best-rock-performance.html?_r=0

So basically they punished her for diversifying. They wanted her to stay in her lane and not experiment. Don't Hurt Yourself is probably my favourite song on the album.

That was an interesting article on the process of voting and behind the scenes at some of the voter's thoughts on some of the submissions.  Daddy lessons could have won best country song imo.  She did country better than a lot of the real country gals.  Which is why Dixie Chicks have been doing their version in concert and performed with her on the CMAs.

It is interesting how they quickly reached the conclusion that the songs fit the genres.  But, some feel it is pandering to have that much diversity, and its all calculated to win a lot of awards rather than just being organically experimental.  They like Adele types that stick to one Adele sound easy to fit genre

Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 2

That was an interesting article on the process of voting and behind the scenes at some of the voter's thoughts on some of the submissions.  Daddy lessons sould have won best country song imo.  She did country better than a lot of the real country gals.  Which is why Dixie Chicks have been doing their version in concert and performed with her on the CMAs.

It is interesting how they quickly reached the conclusion that the songs fit the genres.  But, some feel it is pandering to have that much diversity, and its all calculated to win a lot of awards rather than just being organically experimental.  They like Adele types that stick to one Adele sound easy to fit genre

Daddy Lessons was rejected by the country committee (who I believe are also able to vote for AOTY?) It's a shame they rejected it because it's a country song through and through. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7604485/beyonce-daddy-lessons-rejected-grammy-country-committee

A person familiar with the Grammy nomination process told The Associated Press on Wednesday (Dec. 7) that Beyoncé submitted "Daddy Lessons" -- from her album Lemonade -- to the country category. The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the person was not allowed to speak publicly about the topic, said the country music committee rejected the song.

If Beyoncé's song had made it through, it would have been eligible for honors such as best country song and country solo performance.

"Daddy Lessons" highlights the Houston native's Southern music roots, incorporating horns, acoustic guitar and hand claps as Beyoncé sings about lessons she learned from her father and former manager. The lyrics include references to the Second Amendment, the Bible and shooting guns.

Beyoncé performed the track at last month's Country Music Association Awards alongside the Dixie Chicks, and later released a version of the song featuring the country trio.

Earlier in the year, the Chicks covered the song on their tour, and others in the country genre welcomed the tune, including Blake Shelton, who defended the song from critics who say it's not country.

Country star Dierks Bentley told The AP, "There is just something intangible about it that it feels like a country song."

Karen Fairchild of Little Big Town said, "[Beyoncé] has some stories to tell -- that's clear on Lemonade. And that's what makes country music great."

Daddy Lessons was rejected by the country committee (who I believe are also able to vote for AOTY?) It's a shame they rejected it because it's a country song through and through. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7604485/beyonce-daddy-lessons-rejected-grammy-country-committee

A person familiar with the Grammy nomination process told The Associated Press on Wednesday (Dec. 7) that Beyoncé submitted "Daddy Lessons" -- from her album Lemonade -- to the country category. The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the person was not allowed to speak publicly about the topic, said the country music committee rejected the song.

If Beyoncé's song had made it through, it would have been eligible for honors such as best country song and country solo performance.

"Daddy Lessons" highlights the Houston native's Southern music roots, incorporating horns, acoustic guitar and hand claps as Beyoncé sings about lessons she learned from her father and former manager. The lyrics include references to the Second Amendment, the Bible and shooting guns.

Beyoncé performed the track at last month's Country Music Association Awards alongside the Dixie Chicks, and later released a version of the song featuring the country trio.

Earlier in the year, the Chicks covered the song on their tour, and others in the country genre welcomed the tune, including Blake Shelton, who defended the song from critics who say it's not country.

Country star Dierks Bentley told The AP, "There is just something intangible about it that it feels like a country song."

Karen Fairchild of Little Big Town said, "[Beyoncé] has some stories to tell -- that's clear on Lemonade. And that's what makes country music great."

It fits how they were treated after the CMA performance, I didn't know it had been rejected.  You could tell the audience in there was salty and bitter even though that's the only performance anyone talks about from the CMAs.  

I get what that is supposed to be (a mic feed), I never said I didn't understand what that video of it was meant to show/represent..

what I'm saying is that is bullshit.. that's not in fact a mic feed, rather its the isolated vocal track that she lip-synched to.. it's pretty obvious, even from the broadcast version..

you're so pressed about my thoughts on Beyonce.. I love this, please keep this going! 

We are not here to discuss what you're saying or what you think. And these conversations get to a point when it's no longer about the artist, but rather about the capacity and ability to participate in this discussion. :umm:

We are not here to discuss what you're saying or what you think. And these conversations get to a point when it's no longer about the artist, but rather about the capacity and ability to participate in this discussion. :umm:

I'm actually in agreement with you here.. it's rather difficult to have a legitimate discussion with someone who doesn't even accept the facts of reality...

...and once you do, let me know. ✌? 

I'm actually in agreement with you here.. it's rather difficult to have a legitimate discussion with someone who doesn't even accept the facts of reality...

...and once you do, let me know. ✌? 

This is the person who complained about Beyoncé not smiling during her performance. :mellow:

This is the person who complained about Beyoncé not smiling during her performance. :mellow:

whatever "point" you're attempting to make has fallen flat on its ass.. the bitch didn't smile until she said thanks at the end..

is that not reality?

what a moron hahahaha