Biggest accomplishemt

CalQuin

What are 3 of your biggest accomplishments? And what is your next goal?

I don't think you're gonna get a lot of feedback on this, and it's not because people haven't done stuff. It's because accomplishments are personal and relative. Accomplishments that seem large to some might be insignificant to others.

Perhaps a better word might be achievements. Then you would be talking about things that are quantitative. Acheivements are pre-set, already established benchmarks. For example, Acheiving a college degree. I have a BA in interior design from Virginia Commonwealth University. This is an achievment.

Creating a design class and exposing students, in Myanmar, who might not otherwise, have been able to have such experience, and then have at least one of those students go on to study design at a university in the US, to me is an accomplishment. An accomplishment is like a tree that never stops growing and producing more seeds which in turn, creates more trees.

The next thing I hope to acheive is a Master's in Urban Management. God only knows what I will be able to accomplish with that. But I hope many things. :thumbup:

I don't think you're gonna get a lot of feedback on this, and it's not because people haven't done stuff. It's because accomplishments are personal and relative. Accomplishments that seem large to some might be insignificant to others.

Perhaps Aabetter word might be achievements. Then you would be talking about things that are quantitative. Acheivements are pre-set, already established benchmarks. For example, Acheiving a college degree. I have a BA in interior design from Virginia Commonwealth University. This is an achievment.

Creating a design class and exposing students, in Myanmar, who might otherwise, would not have been able to have such experience, and then have at least one of those students go on to study design at a university in the US, to me is an accomplishment. An accomplishment is like a tree that never stops growing and producing more seeds which in turn, creates more trees.

The next thing I hope to acheive is a Master's in Urban Management. God only knows what I will be able to accomplish with that. But I hope many things. :thumbup:

You're so smart Dean... :wub:

What country are you in again? :wub:

Why Thiland, and when can I visit? <_<

Nuk, you are welcome to visit any time.

We are in Thailand because I wanted to move here from Myanmar so that I could pursue other interest. My bf has a regional position at an NGO (non government organization) So he bounces around the region from country to country, sometimes. I wanted a base where I could be productive and have a enjoyable time too. Myanmar was getting to be too much of a hassle.

Bangkok is great fun. If you really want to come bring a friend so that you can hang out with someone when we're busy. wave.gif

Nuk, you are welcome to visit any time.

We are in Thailand because I wanted to move here from Myanmar so that I could pursue other interest. My bf has a regional position at an NGO (non government organization) So he bounces around the region from country to country, sometimes. I wanted a base where I could be productive and have a enjoyable time too. Myanmar was getting to be too much of a hassle.

Bangkok is great fun. If you really want to come bring a friend so that you can hang out with someone when we're busy. wave.gif

I'm serious. Are plane tickets super high? :excited:

My biggest accomplishments are probably getting into the college of my dreams, graduating from that college on time and with good grades despite some personal obstacles along the way, and also achieving a pretty high degree of independence along the way, especially through traveling and studying abroad.

My next goal is to overcome the some of the health problems that I'm dealing with right now and continuing on with the next phase of my life.

Wait a minute. Could I book a show over there? I am sure they like hip hop and pop right? :excited:

By their standards, you would be considered avant-garde, but that's a good thing. There is a hip-hip scene, although it's somewhat underground. But don't know that much about it since I'm not into Asian men in dreadlocks.laugh.gif Well, I should say, they wouldn't be my first choice .sleep.gif

By their standards, you would be considered avant-garde, but that's a good thing. There is a hip-hip scene, although it's somewhat underground. But don't know that much about it since I'm not into Asian men in dreadlocks.laugh.gif Well, I should say, they wouldn't be my first choice .sleep.gif

Do people speak lots of English? :mellow:

What the hell is avant-garde? :unsure:

biggest accomplishment for me is getting my head out of my ass and go back to school.

I enrolled this past summer and stayed at that school til December. I then enrolled to Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Academy. Had to do a 2 hour interview to see if I could get in...Start classes in 2 weeks

biggest accomplishment for me is getting my head out of my ass and go back to school.

I enrolled this past summer and stayed at that school til December. I then enrolled to Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Academy. Had to do a 2 hour interview to see if I could get in...Start classes in 2 weeks

congratualations! :clapping: Cooking is an art form.

Well I'm young so I don't have many big accomplishments...I guess the top two would have to be graduating high school second in my class and getting accepted into northwestern university. Oh and receiving the most scholarship offers out of anyone in my high school. I think it was around 300 thousand from several schools offering me full rides. As far as goals...I really need to overcome a lot of fears and insecurities that are holding me back. I want to become more independent and proactive...essentially I need to take "control."

Well I'm young so I don't have many big accomplishments...I guess the top two would have to be graduating high school second in my class and getting accepted into northwestern university. Oh and receiving the most scholarship offers out of anyone in my high school. I think it was around 300 thousand from several schools offering me full rides. As far as goals...I really need to overcome a lot of fears and insecurities that are holding me back. I want to become more independent and proactive...essentially I need to take "control."

That's outstanding thumbup1.gif I'm really interested in what some of your are. Anything you can share with the forum?

Archived