OBAMA puts D.O.M.A. in it's place!!!

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Obama orders Justice to stop defending constitutionality of Defense of Marriage Act.

http://on.cnn.com/fSEmaZ

:w00t: :w00t:

Washington (CNN)– President Barack Obama has ordered the Justice Department to stop defending the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as only between a man and woman, according to a statement Wednesday from Attorney General Eric Holder.

“The president has concluded that given a number of factors, including a documented history of discrimination, classifications based on sexual orientation should be subject to a more heightened standard of scrutiny,” Holder said.

The key provisions in the law “fails to meet that standard and is therefore unconstitutional.”

“Given that conclusion, the president has instructed the (Justice Department) not to defend the statute” in two pending cases in New York state, Holder said. “I fully concur with the president’s determination.”

Yeah, but that won't prevent them from taking out their feelings at the ballot box. But we'll just have to see how things go.

On an off-topic... I like how Tea-partiers agree with Republicant's budget cuts but they want to remind people that they aren't the same party...

Not the same my ass lol

On an off-topic... I like how Tea-partiers agree with Republicant's budget cuts but they want to remind people that they aren't the same party...

Not the same my ass lol

The Tea Party is clearly just an extremist wing of the Republican Party. I mean, every Tea Party elected official who I know of ran as a Republican, so IDK why they're acting like they're separate. I know a lot of moderate Republicans wish they were, though!

Archived