Best rap verse spit by a female SINGER

LyricalLesson

There are plenty of instances where I was shocked when a female SINGER spits a rap verse, and it actually sounds good:

Mary J. Blige/Brook-Lyn "Enough Cryin'"

Fergie "London Bridge"

Monica "Knock Knock"

Brandy/Bran Nu "Meet In The Middle"

Christina Milian "So Amazin'"

Cassie "Long Way To Go"

Faith Evans "You Gets No Love"

But for me, Kelis may just have THE best rap from a female vocalist that I've ever heard. She's spit verses in "Fuck Them Bitches", "Handful", the "Milkshake (Remix)" & "Daddy" . . . while they are all good, It's the delivery - the lyrics - and the way she rides the beat in "Circus" :blush: The fact that she wrote the rap that she spit only makes it sweeter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgqPNb4-ZDM&playnext=1&list=PL9D301C6397820A76

Who do you think owns the distinction of "best rap verse from a female SINGER"??? :unsure:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it should have: sweatin me but i'm not yo type-u think u irking me & u so right-i'd rather keep da trash & throw u out

stupid bytch in my beach. not gonna be yo sucka-i'll never be yo lover-i'd rather make u suffer

STUPID MA-FUCKA !!!

:lol: "No, It didn't" was referring to Dukey Dukester, lol.

I agree, it SHOULD have! Janet came harder than the hardest rap bitches in that song :lol::blush: I'm mad at myself for forgetting it :asham:

Crickets done chirped afterward :filenails:

:clapping: :clapping: :lmao:

I like Cassie's flow in "Long Waay To Go" ..and I like how Faith was spittitn in "Gets No Love"

BUT

I would give the crown to Monica because what I like about her flow is that its effortless and its a natural flow. She doesnt come off like "Yo,Im tryna spit these rhymes like a rapper!!!" like she got something to prove. Her flow is more like "this is me..this is how I flow,no matter wut u say my flow is sick to me". Its a swag,confidence and a hint of cockiness in her flow. Her rap in "So Gone" and "Dozen Roses" is sick too. Missy put some shit on that girl.

:clapping: :clapping: :lmao:

I like Cassie's flow in "Long Waay To Go" ..and I like how Faith was spittitn in "Gets No Love"

BUT

I would give the crown to Monica because what I like about her flow is that its effortless and its a natural flow. She doesnt come off like "Yo,Im tryna spit these rhymes like a rapper!!!" like she got something to prove. Her flow is more like "this is me..this is how I flow,no matter wut u say my flow is sick to me". Its a swag,confidence and a hint of cockiness in her flow. Her rap in "So Gone" and "Dozen Roses" is sick too. Missy put some shit on that girl.

how u leaving out SON-OF-A-GUN................................i know Q-Tip helped Janet w/her rhyming technique :blush:

Archived