LA Reid to be judge on "X Factor"

Bailey

LA and IDJ made it happened and Janet agreed. Janet was going with the LA's wishes until a month after the album was released. Tbqh, she tried to gain control a little too late. Like someone else said - You become a part of the process from the start not after its done.

+1

She was being told what to do , who to work with etc. if that's being in control ...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not ASSuming, I told you what I read...which you don't believe. There's a difference. :coffee:

I don't need the patronizing BS... :rolleyes: I know how a label operates.

Why didn't Virgin do the damn job before Janet or IDJ (or whoever) finally did the job?

Exactly...

They didn't, so why is it such a stretch to believe that Janet FINALLY did what her label(s) wouldn't do. Fix/mend the issue...

You ARE assuming. I don't care if you said someone from Janet's camp called and informed you that Janet Jackson strapped on her boots, walked to MTV's headquarters and demand that they love her again to start promoting her shit. Where's the proof? Anyone with common sense would know that Janet didn't have that power in 2007/2008. Even though in 2006, MTV covered their windows so no one could see all the Janet promotion going on across the street. She couldn't solely get MTV's approval again. Janet needed a backbone from a label and LA Reid along with Island Def Jam helped mend the relationship between Janet and MTV. Case closed.

It's a stretch because Janet at the time didn't have the power to mend their relationship. Like I said already, you were insisting Janet allowed others to pull her strings but all of a sudden after leaving Virgin she became Miss Independent and mended her relationship with MTV without the support of her a label which she signed to in 2007. That makes no sense.

:mellow:

Janet Jackson is a commercial artist... She's competitive with everyone and with the industry as it is at that particular moment.

That's ALWAYS been the case.

Again, whether you like the music or her creative direction is just opinion.

That's not even the point though, Xternal is trying to say Janet basically tried to continue what Rene had created for her. :blink: I like Xternal, and there is no shade, but....I Can't! :wtf:

I said Janet doesn't make music to compete with the current artists. From Control to The Velvet Rope she always went left-field with her music. AFY was more commercial sounding than the music she had done prior.

You ARE assuming. I don't care if you said someone from Janet's camp called and informed you that Janet Jackson strapped on her boots, walked to MTV's headquarters and demand that they love her again to start promoting her shit. Where's the proof? Anyone with common sense would know that Janet didn't have that power in 2007/2008. Even though in 2006, MTV covered their windows so no one could see all the Janet promotion going on across the street. She couldn't solely get MTV's approval again. Janet needed a backbone from a label and LA Reid along with Island Def Jam helped mend the relationship between Janet and MTV. Case closed.

It's a stretch because Janet at the time didn't have the power to mend their relationship. Like I said already, you were insisting Janet allowed others to pull her strings but all of a sudden after leaving Virgin she became Miss Independent and mended her relationship with MTV without the support of her a label which she signed to in 2007. That makes no sense.

I said Janet doesn't make music to compete with the current artists. From Control to The Velvet Rope she always went left-field with her music. AFY was more commercial sounding than the music she had done prior.

Janet's shit was not that far "left field", it was just better...by the time RN1814 came out, those beats and sounds were commercial, she just had better songs...just like IGL was straight up RnB just like TTWLG...she just had great songs...janet. album was commercial...TVR was probably her least commercial album considering it's content, even though it had it's commercial moments...she has always been a commercial pop artist that was able to branch into a couple different genre, but she's first and foremost and pop artist...that's just like people taking about MJ's Off The Wall and it being so brilliant...brilliant yes, but it was straight up disco...it was just better than anything at that time

Janet's shit was not that far "left field", it was just better...by the time RN1814 came out, those beats and sounds were commercial, she just had better songs...just like IGL was straight up RnB just like TTWLG...she just had great songs...janet. album was commercial...TVR was probably her least commercial album considering it's content, even though it had it's commercial moments...she has always been a commercial pop artist that was able to branch into a couple different genre, but she's first and foremost and pop artist...that's just like people taking about MJ's Off The Wall and it being so brilliant...brilliant yes, but it was straight up disco...it was just better than anything at that time

I never said Janet went "far" left field like Bjork or some shit. I meant Janet always wanted to do something different and by the way, she made the sound on RN1814 commercial. The janet. album was a commercial success but the overall sound and theme was different from what was on radio at the time. I never said Janet wasn't a commercial pop artist. :mellow: I'm aware that she is. I'm saying that she always went a different direction with her music than her peers did.

Assuming is believing IDJ mended the relationship between Janet and MTV with no confirmation what so ever from either side of that. You assume because "that's what labels do" I ASSumed just like you and others did, until I read some info that stated otherwise. That's not assumption. Now if it a year or two ago when I read this I could provide you with proof, but as you should know by now, I don't lie. I have no reason to...now whether you believe the information or not, is one thing, but I have no reason to make anything up. Again, I'm not "ThatOtherFan" all the time, I can be serious and hold a real conversation at times.

It's not an issue of who had the power to repair the relationship. We were both there during that time and we both remember how VICIOUS MTV and Pop radio were to Janet...Whatever you ultimately believe, we don't the exact details surrounding the whole thing. We assumed it was LA Reid not based on facts, but because of the way LA portrayed himself in the whole situation the "Svengali" that would bring Janet Jackson back to dominance on the charts. Again, why didn't Virgin mend the relationship all the way back in 2004 or again 2006 with 20YO? What did LA do that Virgin didn't/couldn't? All I've said is that I read something different about what the fans believe happened during that time.

Janet has ALWAYS done commercial sounding music and kept up with what's hot in music. :mellow: With the exception of the few years she's ALWAYS been at the top of the game, but she was always a competitive "commercial sounding" artist (for lack of a better phrase).

Assuming is believing IDJ mended the relationship between Janet and MTV with no confirmation what so ever from either side of that. You assume because "that's what labels do" I ASSumed just like you and others did, until I read some info that stated otherwise. That's not assumption. Now if it a year or two ago when I read this I could provide you with proof, but as you should know by now, I don't lie. I have no reason to...now whether you believe the information or not, is one thing, but I have no reason to make anything up. Again, I'm not "ThatOtherFan" all the time, I can be serious and hold a real conversation at times.

It's not an issue of who had the power to repair the relationship. We were both there during that time and we both remember how VICIOUS MTV and Pop radio were to Janet...Whatever you ultimately believe, we don't the exact details surrounding the whole thing. We assumed it was LA Reid not based on facts, but because of the way LA portrayed himself in the whole situation the "Svengali" that would bring Janet Jackson back to dominance on the charts. Again, why didn't Virgin mend the relationship all the way back in 2004 or again 2006 with 20YO? What did LA do that Virgin didn't/couldn't? All I've said is that I read something different about what the fans believe happened during that time.

Janet has ALWAYS done commercial sounding music and kept up with what's hot in music. :mellow: With the exception of the few years she's ALWAYS been at the top of the game, but she was always a competitive "commercial sounding" artist (for lack of a better phrase).

Again, you have failed to provide proof that Janet single-handedly mended her relationship with MTV. I have no reason to believe that mess. You've failed to elaborate on how she even accomplished that all by herself. Non-sense. I'm not assuming that LA Reid and IDJ mended the relationship between Janet and MTV. Many have already commented that was the only good thing to come from LA Reid. Use your head and connect the dots - MTV didn't care for Janet prior to her signing with IDJ to the point that they would cover their windows to avoid the sight of her pictures.

I've already stated that Virgin didn't care for Janet after the Superbowl. Hell, they stopped caring in 2002 when they began to cut her promotional money to help Mariah's flop project Glitter. So why would they try to mend the relationship between Janet and MTV? By the way, if Janet single handedly mended her relationship with MTV. Why didn't she do it sooner?

Control - The Velvet Rope were all different albums and concepts. When you compare them to other albums out during the time they sounded nothing alike and she wasn't trying to keep up with what's hot at the moment. With AFY Janet was trying to capture the essence of her previous albums. The interludes were silly and didn't mush but like I've already stated, the album has it's good moments and stand-out tracks.

Anyway, I'm done with this. You're just way too hard-headed to admit to the truth.

Her career didn't "drastically change" until the Damita Jo era. You forget Janet had the AFY era after she divorced Rene. Ya'll give that man too much credit for Janet's career. :sigh:

As for the Madonna and Beyonce comment, neither one of them has gone a 10th of what Janet has had to face in the industry. When your back is against the wall that changes your game plan. Janet did what she felt was necessary, which in that situation meant giving LA and IDJ freedom to direct many aspects of that project...

Why would I do that? :blink:

This has nothing to do with what I just said previously...I forgot where I read it, but I'll see if I can find it, but it was Janet NOT LA or IDJ that mended the relationship with MTV. It stuck out to me because I also thought it was LA and IDJ that did all of that, but ultimately it was Janet that took the initiative and did what her team and her then label should have...

Having said that, Janet did go along basically everything IDJ wanted and they STILL fucked her over in the end.

Thank you.. She tried something new that didn't work and moved on.. Lesson learned..

Her career did change after she divorced him. AFY album was left over ideas and she followed the template that was already set in motion for her by him.

Madonna didn't always have it easy during the early 90's she was black listed from things too but she fought her way back I don't like her but respect the fact she will fight for what needs to be done with her career and brand. I don't get that from Janet always... When the superbowl thing happened she didn't have her ex to help her rebuild and do what was needed to protect her brand and name. JD was supportive but not effective at getting her over that hump. Had she been more aggressive in the superbowl situation & the IDJ venture things wouldn't have blown up in her face career wise. I love her but refuse to say she was a victim of LA because at the end of the day you're JANET JACKSON so cut the passive aggressive shit and do what needs to be done to chart and bounce back.

:mellow::mellow:

Again, you have failed to provide proof that Janet single-handedly mended her relationship with MTV. I have no reason to believe that mess. You've failed to elaborate on how she even accomplished that all by herself. Non-sense. I'm not assuming that LA Reid and IDJ mended the relationship between Janet and MTV. Many have already commented that was the only good thing to come from LA Reid. Use your head and connect the dots - MTV didn't care for Janet prior to her signing with IDJ to the point that they would cover their windows to avoid the sight of her pictures.

I've already stated that Virgin didn't care for Janet after the Superbowl. Hell, they stopped caring in 2002 when they began to cut her promotional money to help Mariah's flop project Glitter. So why would they try to mend the relationship between Janet and MTV? By the way, if Janet single handedly mended her relationship with MTV. Why didn't she do it sooner?

Control - The Velvet Rope were all different albums and concepts. When you compare them to other albums out during the time they sounded nothing alike and she wasn't trying to keep up with what's hot at the moment. With AFY Janet was trying to capture the essence of her previous albums. The interludes were silly and didn't mush but like I've already stated, the album has it's good moments and stand-out tracks.

Anyway, I'm done with this. You're just way too hard-headed to admit to the truth.

see you can tell you experience Janet at her peak most of the people from here caught wind of her when she was on a down fall

What part of "I forgot where I read it" didn't you comprehend? :mellow: Again, you can choose not to believe it, but I have no reason to lie...

You are assuming. There is no public information on LA Reid/IDJ mending the relationship between Janet and MTV...NADA! As I said, we ALL assumed that LA was responsible because of how he portrayed himself in the whole situation. The person that would repair Janet's career and bring her back to dominance on the charts. Never have we had any proof on anything other than our ASSUMPTIONS...until that information that I read (which again, I forgot where I saw it, though jbailey mentioned it too...which doesn't prove anything, but does show I'm not just randomly making things up lol).

Virgin hadn't handled Janet too well going all the way back to the "Velvet Rope" era, but that's beside the point... lol We're talking about one of their artists being blacklisted on basically every outlet for them to promote her, and since Youtube wasn't as big during that time, it was REALLY damaging. Why wouldn't they try to atleast mend the relationship? There's probably more to the story that we don't know, again, I just mentioned what I read...that it was Janet that mended the MTV relationship.

I disagree, I think Janet gave bits and pieces of what was dominate in her life then (the divorce, single life), while at the same time keeping up with what's current in music. It's wasn't groundbreaking, but it wasn't a major creative low point, of course this is my opinion...either way, however you see it. I'm not here for Janet following some template that Rene set up for her...that's just bullshit. :blink:

What part of "I forgot where I read it" didn't you comprehend? :mellow: Again, you can choose not to believe it, but I have no reason to lie...

You are assuming. There is no public information on LA Reid/IDJ mending the relationship between Janet and MTV...NADA! As I said, we ALL assumed that LA was responsible because of how he portrayed himself in the whole situation. The person that would repair Janet's career and bring her back to dominance on the charts. Never have we had any proof on anything other than our ASSUMPTIONS...until that information that I read (which again, I forgot where I saw it, though jbailey mentioned it too...which doesn't prove anything, but does show I'm not just randomly making things up lol).

Virgin hadn't handled Janet too well going all the way back to the "Velvet Rope" era, but that's beside the point... lol We're talking about one of their artists being blacklisted on basically every outlet for them to promote her, and since Youtube wasn't as big during that time, it was REALLY damaging. Why wouldn't they try to atleast mend the relationship? There's probably more to the story that we don't know, again, I just mentioned what I read...that it was Janet that mended the MTV relationship.

I disagree, I think Janet gave bits and pieces of what was dominate in her life then (the divorce, single life), while at the same time keeping up with what's current in music. It's wasn't groundbreaking, but it wasn't a major creative low point, of course this is my opinion...either way, however you see it. I'm not here for Janet following some template that Rene set up for her...that's just bullshit. :blink:

I've explained already why I believe LA Reid helped mended the relationship yet you've failed to back up your word. All you could provide is "I forgot where I read it". :wacko: Seriously. You can't even explain how Janet convinced MTV to promote her after I pointed out that they despised Janet to the point they covered their windows during 20 Y.O. promotion. All you're doing is baiting. Sorry, I can't take you seriously when you can't back up your claims.

By the way, I never said Janet was following what Rene set up but you'd have to be a fool to think Rene didn't help shape the template.

I've explained already why I believe LA Reid helped mended the relationship yet you've failed to back up your word. All you could provide is "I forgot where I read it". :wacko: Seriously. You can't even explain how Janet convinced MTV to promote her after I pointed out that they despised Janet to the point they covered their windows during 20 Y.O. promotion. All you're doing is baiting. Sorry, I can't take you seriously when you can't back up your claims.

By the way, I never said Janet was following what Rene set up but you'd have to be a fool to think Rene didn't help shape the template.

:coffee:

Yes you've explained your ASSumption, but you can't back anything up. I could go on and on about what possibly happened between Janet and MTV.... perhaps MTV/Viacom softened it's position on Janet after playing a big role in hindering her previous projects. Perhaps all those in power wanted was to sit down with Janet and have her apologize. Maybe she bit the bullet and did it for the sake of her career. There's a million scenarios...either way, I simply mention what I read. Even Jbailey mentioned it, which again, is no proof, but shows that at some point in time that information had spread to the fans. Where it came from, I couldn't tell u because I read it a long time ago..but I remember reading it.

There were alot of people that contributed to Janet's career. Rene was one of those people...However, he wasn't responsible for the Janet Jackson template. That's a bit much. :wtf:

Yes you've explained your ASSumption, but you can't back anything up. I could go on and on about what possibly happened between Janet and MTV.... perhaps MTV/Viacom softened it's position on Janet after the basically playing a big role in hindering her previous projects. Perhaps all those in power wanted was to sit down with Janet and have her apologize. Maybe she bit the bullet and did it for the sake of her career. There's a million scenarios...either way, I simply mention what I read. Even Jbailey mentioned it, which again, is no proof, but shows that at some point in time that information had spread to the fans. Where it came from, I couldn't tell u because I read it a long time ago..but I remember reading it.

There were alot of people that contributed to Janet's career. Rene was one of those people...However, he wasn't responsible for the Janet Jackson template. That's a bit much. :wtf:

J&T said the same thing.. "I don't remember him sitting in the studio with a pen and paper"

J&T said the same thing.. "I don't remember him sitting in the studio with a pen and paper"

Thank you!

Janet over did it in interviews during that time, probably trying to save her marriage more than anything...

I just CAN'T with Rene Elizondo being the mastermind behind Janet Jackson! I WILL NOT! :fail:

Thank you!

Janet over did it in interviews during that time, probably trying to save her marriage more than anything...

I just CAN'T with Rene Elizondo being the mastermind behind Janet Jackson! I WILL NOT! :fail:

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I guess they never heard this song before..

How did I get here

Think I know what I did

Always worked real hard

Maybe I missed something

I'm not into pointing fingers

Showin who's right or wrong

I just wanna keep it real

Cause maybe I was doin fine on my own

Listen:

I had a career before now didn't I

I had lots of friends before now didn't I

And I had my fans before now didn't I

And I had my family before now didn't I

Guess without you

My little life was nothing

But don't sweat it

Let's say we disagree so

Arguing ain't necessary cause

We both have out whole lives left to live

We're both consumed with jealousy

But the truth can set you free

Don't act like you don't know the truth

Cause deep down in your heart you do

Let it go

Ooh child

Things are gonna get easier

Ooh child thing will be bright cause

Truth will set you free

Conversations deep

When you talk to yourself

There's no wayt to cheat

Cause you know you can't be no one else

Won't trip out on disappointment

Cause failure is just not me

Still I gotta do my job

Cause you know my show can't go on without me

Listen:

Sold out round the worl before now didn't I

I had a few hits before now didn't I

And danced until my feet were sore now didn't I

Guess without you

But don't sweat it

Let's say we disagree so

It's hard to believe

The love between us is over

It's sad to think we couldn't work it out

But how much is enough to pay for this mistake

Hope your love was sincere

Let it go

Ooh child

Truth will set you free

Let it go

Ooh child

Truth will set you free

Do you know the truth

Feel it

Live it

Do you know the truth

Trust it

Believe it

Do you know the truth

You want it

And need it

Do you know the truth

To find it

Embrace it

And never let it go

Yes you've explained your ASSumption, but you can't back anything up. I could go on and on about what possibly happened between Janet and MTV.... perhaps MTV/Viacom softened it's position on Janet after playing a big role in hindering her previous projects. Perhaps all those in power wanted was to sit down with Janet and have her apologize. Maybe she bit the bullet and did it for the sake of her career. There's a million scenarios...either way, I simply mention what I read. Even Jbailey mentioned it, which again, is no proof, but shows that at some point in time that information had spread to the fans. Where it came from, I couldn't tell u because I read it a long time ago..but I remember reading it.

Wow, you're so clueless. It's kinda sad going back and forth with you at this point.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I guess they never heard this song before..

How did I get here

Think I know what I did

Always worked real hard

Maybe I missed something

I'm not into pointing fingers

Showin who's right or wrong

I just wanna keep it real

Cause maybe I was doin fine on my own

Listen:

I had lots of friends before now didn't I

And I had my fans before now didn't I

And I had my family before now didn't I

Guess without you

But don't sweat it

Let's say we disagree so

Let it go

Ooh child

Truth will set you free

Conversations deep

When you talk to yourself

There's no wayt to cheat

Cause you know you can't be no one else

Won't trip out on disappointment

Cause failure is just not me

Still I gotta do my job

Cause you know my show can't go on without me

Listen:

Sold out round the worl before now didn't I

I had a few hits before now didn't I

And danced until my feet were sore now didn't I

Guess without you

But don't sweat it

Let's say we disagree so

It's hard to believe

The love between us is over

It's sad to think we couldn't work it out

But how much is enough to pay for this mistake

Hope your love was sincere

Let it go

Ooh child

Truth will set you free

Let it go

Ooh child

Truth will set you free

Do you know the truth

Feel it

Live it

Do you know the truth

Trust it

Believe it

Do you know the truth

You want it

And need it

Do you know the truth

To find it

Embrace it

And never let it go

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please educate these kids!

+1 :yep::good:

Wow, you're so clueless. It's kinda sad going back and forth with you at this point.

I'm not clueless. It's called debate for a reason. :rolleyes:

Archived