LA Reid to be judge on "X Factor"

Bailey

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he did ruin Janet's but at that time in her career could anyone save it let's not act like radio was playing Janet and she wasn't blacklisted he did get Mtv back on Janet's side they just had difference on what single to release to be honest it was too soon for her to do an album after 20 yo

Janet went to MTV and mended that relationship...not LA :coffee:

He made an already fucked up situation even more fucked up. :umm:

he did ruin Janet's but at that time in her career could anyone save it let's not act like radio was playing Janet and she wasn't blacklisted he did get Mtv back on Janet's side they just had difference on what single to release to be honest it was too soon for her to do an album after 20 yo

Its janet fault anyway for discipline... U have to be in control of your situation... You don't see madonna or even beyonce struggling with what direction they want to go musically. I love her humility but sometimes it gets in her way of doing what needs to be done. Thats why sometimes I miss her ex husband helping her with the career side of things... You could tell the difference after she divorced him....how drastically her career changed... I felt like it wasn't a bad time to release the album but she was just way too passive with certain things.

I'm over hating Reid because its not like hes just a total fuck up other artists have done well under him.... and its good to have someone push you to fight for your vision sometimes anyway.

Its janet fault anyway for discipline... U have to be in control of your situation... You don't see madonna or even beyonce struggling with what direction they want to go musically. I love her humility but sometimes it gets in her way of doing what needs to be done. Thats why sometimes I miss her ex husband helping her with the career side of things... You could tell the difference after she divorced him....how drastically her career changed... I felt like it wasn't a bad time to release the album but she was just way too passive with certain things.

I'm over hating Reid because its not like hes just a total fuck up other artists have done well under him.... and its good to have someone push you to fight for your vision sometimes anyway.

Exactly she fucking Janet Jackson these guys talk about everyone else being a puppets in the music industry and to Blame L. A. Reid for Janet's failure is saying she was a puppet too make up your minds.

Janet went to MTV and mended that relationship...not LA :coffee:

He made an already fucked up situation even more fucked up. :umm:

:mellow:

LA and IDJ helped mend Janet's relationship with MTV.

In the other LA Reid thread you said that Janet was just doing as she was told throughout the whole era (Basically being a puppet) but now she was the one that went to MTV and reconciled? Make up your mind, toots.

Bingo.

In the other LA Reid thread you said that Janet was just doing as she was told throughout the whole era (Basically being a puppet) but now she was the one that went to MTV and reconciled? Make up your mind, toots.

kiii :filenails:

you have to remember these people on here leave out certain things to act like they know it all

Her career didn't "drastically change" until the Damita Jo era. You forget Janet had the AFY era after she divorced Rene. Ya'll give that man too much credit for Janet's career. :sigh:

As for the Madonna and Beyonce comment, neither one of them has gone a 10th of what Janet has had to face in the industry. When your back is against the wall that changes your game plan. Janet did what she felt was necessary, which in that situation meant giving LA and IDJ freedom to direct many aspects of that project...

so i guess you are blaming him for the Discipline tour failure too

Why would I do that? :blink:

This has nothing to do with what I just said previously...I forgot where I read it, but I'll see if I can find it, but it was Janet NOT LA or IDJ that mended the relationship with MTV. It stuck out to me because I also thought it was LA and IDJ that did all of that, but ultimately it was Janet that took the initiative and did what her team and her then label should have...

Having said that, Janet did go along basically everything IDJ wanted and they STILL fucked her over in the end.

This has nothing to do with what I just said previous...I forgot where I read it, but I'll see if I can find it, but it was Janet NOT LA or IDJ that mended the relationship with MTV. It stuck out to me because I also thought it was LA and IDJ that did all of that, but ultimately it was Janet that took the initiative and did what her team and her then label should have...

Having said that, Janet did go along basically everything IDJ wanted and they STILL fucked her over in the end.

Where did you read that it was Janet and her team that mended their relationship? :wacko: If it was Janet and her team why couldn't they mend their relationship from 2004 - 2006? Why was it when she signed with IDJ and released Discipline that MTV finally started promoting her and allowing her on their shows? If I do recall correctly IDJ is the record label that has a department fully responsible for any PR coverage on Janet and the album. I also remember fans whining about the only good thing that came out of the Discipline era was that LA Reid helped mend the relationship between Janet and MTV.

Her career did change after she divorced him. AFY album was left over ideas and she followed the template that was already set in motion for her by him.

Madonna didn't always have it easy during the early 90's she was black listed from things too but she fought her way back I don't like her but respect the fact she will fight for what needs to be done with her career and brand. I don't get that from Janet always... When the superbowl thing happened she didn't have her ex to help her rebuild and do what was needed to protect her brand and name. JD was supportive but not effective at getting her over that hump. Had she been more aggressive in the superbowl situation & the IDJ venture things wouldn't have blown up in her face career wise. I love her but refuse to say she was a victim of LA because at the end of the day you're JANET JACKSON so cut the passive aggressive shit and do what needs to be done to chart and bounce back.

Where did you read that it was Janet and her team that mended their relationship? :wacko: If it was Janet and her team why couldn't they mend their relationship from 2004 - 2006? Why was it when she signed with IDJ and released Discipline that MTV finally started promoting her and allowing her on their shows? If I do recall correctly IDJ is the record label that has a department fully responsible for any PR coverage on Janet and the album. I also remember fans whining about the only good thing that came out of the Discipline era was that LA Reid helped mend the relationship between Janet and MTV.

I forgot where I read it, I already said that, but obviously (if what I read is true), Janet did what her team and her former label (Virgin) didn't do. Which is finally heal the working relationship between her and MTV. Which was a big boost to Discipline initially.

I probably was one of the people saying that the only good thing that came out the Discipline era was Janet's relationship with MTV being healed. lol I wanna say it was just a year or two ago when I read this bit of information. Which means the Discipline era (as short as it was) was long over by that point.

Her career did change after she divorced him. AFY album was left over ideas and she followed the template that was already set in motion for her by him.

Madonna didn't always have it easy during the early 90's she was black listed from things too but she fought her way back I don't like her but respect the fact she will fight for what needs to be done with her career and brand. I don't get that from Janet always... When the superbowl thing happened she didn't have her ex to help her rebuild and do what was needed to protect her brand and name. JD was supportive but not effective at getting her over that hump. Had she been more aggressive in the superbowl situation & the IDJ venture things wouldn't have blown up in her face career wise. I love her but refuse to say she was a victim of LA because at the end of the day you're JANET JACKSON so cut the passive aggressive shit and do what needs to be done to chart and bounce back.

Her career didn't change at all UNTIL the Damito Jo era....and why are you giving him credit for the AFY project? :blink:

Madonna did NOT face a complete blacklisting in the industry / almost every available outlet REFUSING to play her output even ONCE. There is a BIG difference between MTV banning one or two of Madonna's videos (which ultimately benefited BOTH MTV and Madonna in terms PR coverage) and what Janet went through.... MTV and Pop radio wouldn't even acknowledge that Janet Jackson or anything associated with her existed! That's how bad it was...and that's TOTALLY different from Madonna's situation in the 90's.

...and Janet did try to exert some control/input on the project. She went against LA Reid's wishes for RWU to be the 2nd single from Disicipline. She wanted Luv. They had a falling out over that (and probably other things), but ultimately Janet did what the label wanted and they STILL cut promotion on the project. As you can see LA basically fucked Janet over (after claiming he would stick with Janet and the project for the "long haul")

Archived