Kevin Costner Joins Superman Reboot

lexus97

i just luv this man :wub: :wub:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/18/kevin-costner-joins-superman_n_837628.html

t's a bird, it's a plane, it's... Superman's dad.

Kevin Costner is set to join Zack Snyder's Superman series reboot, Deadline reports. The 56-year old star, who has played heroes from Robin Hood to Elliot Ness in "The Untouchables" to that guy in Waterworld, will now get to rear the ultimate superhero: he'll take on the role of Pa Kent, Clark Kent/Superman's adoptive father.

His Super son will be played by Henry Cavill, while Costner's on-screen wife, Martha Kent, will be played by Diane Lane. While the roles are familiar, Snyder recently spoke about how so much of what fans know about Superman will be changing -- or, at least, will be given new backstory.

"Literally, the one thing that everyone can start to think about is that we're making a movie that finally goes with the approach that there's been no other Superman movies," Snyder told the LA Times. "If you look at 'Batman Begins,' there's that structure: there's the canon that we know about and respect, but on other hand there's this approach that pre-supposes that there haven't been any other movies. In every aspect of design and of story, the whole thing is very much from that perspective of 'Respect the canon but don't be a slave to the movies.'"

I thought the first Superman was not THAT bad, it had the best Lex Luthor, the problem with the entire Series is we live in dark times now so we kinda want our Heroes to reflect us as inperfect people, and that's kinda tough to do with Superman he is supposed to be all American white boy perfect, he aint Batman who you see on a yacht with the whole Russian Ballet in bathing suits. There is no dark knight in Superman, I did think the white boy they found was hot, esp when he was gay on that old MTV soap opera show that would come on at night. BUT I question the series and if it can ever be made in a way that people will enjoy it because Superman is as clean cut and all American as apple pie and that shit is boring as all fucking hell at it's core

I thought the first Superman was not THAT bad, it had the best Lex Luthor, the problem with the entire Series is we live in dark times now so we kinda want our Heroes to reflect us as inperfect people, and that's kinda tough to do with Superman he is supposed to be all American white boy perfect, he aint Batman who you see on a yacht with the whole Russian Ballet in bathing suits. There is no dark knight in Superman, I did think the white boy they found was hot, esp when he was gay on that old MTV soap opera show that would come on at night. BUT I question the series and if it can ever be made in a way that people will enjoy it because Superman is as clean cut and all American as apple pie and that shit is boring as all fucking hell at it's core

You said it. Superman at his core is pretty boring. I think you can make a successful Superman movie that everyone enjoys but they gotta come correct and get some of his villians that can go toe to toe with him. So you arent bored. Darkseid, Braniac. Someone who he can slug it out with not hold back and use all of his powers. They should be cracking mountains and destroying half the town with his punches and shit. It is the only way to balance the fact that Superman's personality is like dry toast. Weakening him with Kryptonite all the time to make the lesser villians seem more interesting is just super boring and overdone.

You said it. Superman at his core is pretty boring. I think you can make a successful Superman movie that everyone enjoys but they gotta come correct and get some of his villians that can go toe to toe with him. So you arent bored. Darkseid, Braniac. Someone who he can slug it out with not hold back and use all of his powers. They should be cracking mountains and destroying half the town with his punches and shit. It is the only way to balance the fact that Superman's personality is like dry toast. Weakening him with Kryptonite all the time to make the lesser villians seem more interesting is just super boring and overdone.

They could spin the effects of Kryptonite on him it doesn't just have to be he's weak, it could be a lot of things that could end up making him more interesting

Basically. :lol:

On a somewhat unrelated note, I seem to have lost interest in superhero films. I still haven't seen Iron Man 2, and I'm not sure if I even care about the onslaught of Marvel movies coming out soon: Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers. I mean yeah, their leads are fine and all but... it's Thor. :mellow: It's Captain America. :umm: Do people really care, or is it just me? :lol:

On a somewhat unrelated note, I seem to have lost interest in superhero films. I still haven't seen Iron Man 2, and I'm not sure if I even care about the onslaught of Marvel movies coming out soon: Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers. I mean yeah, their leads are fine and all but... it's Thor. :mellow: It's Captain America. :umm: Do people really care, or is it just me? :lol:

I think what you're getting at is called market over saturation, they have taken a genre, super heroes, and gone bananas with it, I do think some of those heroes are more interesting than others thus some movies will fair better than others, the X men series I think will do well.

I think what you're getting at is called market over saturation, they have taken a genre, super heroes, and gone bananas with it, I do think some of those heroes are more interesting than others thus some movies will fair better than others, the X men series I think will do well.

Oh right, I forgot about the X-Men one too. >_< Though I doubt I'll see that either, I'd like to keep the good memories from the first two films. :lol:

I think you may be right, but I guess I just personally never cared for too many superheros. I was always an X-Men and Spider-Man person. :lol: I am excited for that re-boot though. ^_^

Thor could be interesting with his powerset and the effects etc, and then natalie portman luv her. Captain America im not interested in paying for at all. Avengers I mean maaaybe.

ive lost interest too. they are becoming soooo predictable and the action is not even groundbreaking anymore, but as long as people keep going to see them...Hollyweird is gonna keep coming out with the same bullshit. >_<

Oh right, I forgot about the X-Men one too. >_< Though I doubt I'll see that either, I'd like to keep the good memories from the first two films. :lol:

I think you may be right, but I guess I just personally never cared for too many superheros. I was always an X-Men and Spider-Man person. :lol: I am excited for that re-boot though. ^_^

X Men looks like its going to be pretty bad -_-

Archived