Did you guys like the RWY show?

CalQuin

I never got to see it, but judging off of pics/vids:

I can't say I cared much for her hairstyle, and about two of the costumes. The entrance was disappointing compared to her previous tours.

I loved the setlist... which was ultimately used for the critically-acclaimed Essence show and subsequent Number Ones tour. :blush:

Oh and "Runaway" as the finale was genius.

I like this show...now, except for the hair and costumes. What was she thinking!

And the stage...its not fancy and pretty enough for me

And I dont think PP is good as an opener.... She shoulda done something like the other projects....start with a song from the current project

It was the only show I got to attend, so I don't think I can fairly compare the experience to her other tours. -_- All I know is it was nothing short of amazing from start to finish! :excited: When you see her live, it just does something to you. :blush:

I never got to see it, but judging off of pics/vids:

I can't say I cared much for her hairstyle, and about two of the costumes. The entrance was disappointing compared to her previous tours.

I loved the setlist... which was ultimately used for the critically-acclaimed Essence show and subsequent Number Ones tour. :blush:

Oh and "Runaway" as the finale was genius.

Absolutely agree, I thought it was refreshing to see another song other than "Together Again" used for the finale. :blush: I was very happy with the song selection.

I think it was a tough trek for Janet and a lot of what went down we do not know, but I think they got things right, I have read nothing but positive press about the current tour, I saw her twice on the last and I thought Chicago was rocking, it was sorta weird how people did not respond to her new songs as much, and when she did auburn hills as a make up it was dead, I had someone behind me ask me how much longer

I think it was a tough trek for Janet and a lot of what went down we do not know, but I think they got things right, I have read nothing but positive press about the current tour, I saw her twice on the last and I thought Chicago was rocking, it was sorta weird how people did not respond to her new songs as much, and when she did auburn hills as a make up it was dead, I had someone behind me ask me how much longer

I cannot say that Janet's shows varied in response, I have seen her 8 times, with the exception of the last tour, all tours she has done she had a huge response

I like this show...now, except for the hair and costumes. What was she thinking!

And the stage...its not fancy and pretty enough for me

And I dont think PP is good as an opener.... She shoulda done something like the other projects....start with a song from the current project

only thing bad about the fuck with you tour were the costumes :whistle:that catwalk stage and the setlist were hot as fishgrease :excited:

I actually loved the concept.....the misses were some of the costumes. Janet truly slayed on the RWU tour it was non stop from beginning to end I had no idea how she was able to do that but I think she fed off a lot of the energy that Los Angeles was giving her at the Staple's Center when I saw her and the Mohawk was brilliant!

But I must say my favorite will always be The R.N. Tour nothing but pure raw talent and the best choreography to this day which I see little elements of it in the new tour from the Control days. My next fav would be followed by the TVR Tour.

Can't wait till next Saturday when I see her in Santa Barbara...it's an outside venue so it's gonna be on!!!!!!!!

her best concert

Agreed.

The set list was amazing, the stage was gorgeous and when I saw her, her performance was fierce. Of course Oakland was the second stop on the tour, so her energy level was still high.

But In all honesty, out of all the tours up until that point, RWU was one of her best. Only TVR was slightly better. But the stage for the RWU tour alone, took that tour to another level.

based on the videos alone, even i have to say its her best tour, to this day i wish i would've gone to nyc to see it but it was too late, everything about that tour was sick, the setlist, the costumes, the stage/lighting, some people say she had no passion, to be honest she looked more into the RWY tour than the current tour

I liked the opening when the J J's smased together and then the pyro hit. Then she came out and did Pleasure Principle. Her intros are always amazing. I also liked that she did young love. IMO I thought it was not one of her best tours because there was no band and it seemed forced like it was an obligation or something. She did not seem free and happy like she seems now or on the other tours.

I liked the opening when the J J's smased together and then the pyro hit. Then she came out and did Pleasure Principle. Her intros are always amazing. I also liked that she did young love. IMO I thought it was not one of her best tours because there was no band and it seemed forced like it was an obligation or something. She did not seem free and happy like she seems now or on the other tours.

please....when she said "im on my own, i call my own shots" she said it with more conviction than ever b4

please....when she said "im on my own, i call my own shots" she said it with more conviction than ever b4

She says it like that on every tour. One line does not change the fact that RWU was not full on. It was not the best of her shows IMO. For me.

Archived