Billboard declares, "Beyonce and Lady Gaga are both stalling"!

King Baby

well?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Didn't i ask ya'll a Question? Don't make me ask ya'll again.

• Beyonce
    • Gaga
    • Neither will top Britney
  2. 2. Do you think either will see the success on the hot 100 as Katy, ke$ha and Rihanna

• maybe Ke$ha but not the other 2
    • They both will
    • Either way they will both see more sucess that your ugly black @ss Nuk!

In any event, I think Janet's work should speak for itself. I remember there were request threads on the old board to get Janet's music played on the radio. I think it was just to exhausting when radio stations wouldn't play her back during the 20 Y.O. era. I wasn't on during the whole Superbowl fiasco, but I made sure to request her music back in 2004. It seemed pointless because they were hellbent on blacklisting her.

The reason that didn't work was because we didn't go to the right ppl. Beyonce stans would found the radio stations' programmers twitters, emails, home addresses, work addresses, etc and intimidated them until they got what they want. I've seen them do it time and time again. They have a bunch of tireless rebutters who don't know when to stop and have no shame in their game on their team. That's why they get what they want all the time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason that didn't work was because we didn't go to the right ppl. Beyonce stans would found the radio stations' programmers twitters, emails, home addresses, work addresses, etc and intimidated them until they got what they want. I've seen them do it time and time again. They have a bunch of tireless rebutters who don't know when to stop and have no shame in their game on their team. That's why they get what they want all the time.

But doesn't that seem a bit crazy though? If they did it in a tactful way, then yes.

But doesn't that seem a bit crazy though? If they did it in a tactful way, then yes.

If it gets the job done.....I don't condone it, but if it gets the job done then I'm all for it. One of them sent their radio station an email and the station is playing Run The World now. We just need more aggressive fans. Call them crazy, but their means always win.

If it gets the job done.....I don't condone it, but if it gets the job done then I'm all for it. One of them sent their radio station an email and the station is playing Run The World now. We just need more aggressive fans. Call them crazy, but their means always win.

I remember emailing radio stations to play "Feedback" down here. I get what you're saying..especially if it's for your fave. But the "crazy" title is what I don't want associated with Janet stans.

I remember emailing radio stations to play "Feedback" down here. I get what you're saying..especially if it's for your fave. But the "crazy" title is what I don't want associated with Janet stans.

Well yes, because what we do, has class to it. *throws boa over shoulder* I'm not saying be crazy, but a little aggression wouldn't hurt. -_-

In the Janet thread a while back on Beyonce World, we had a discussion about Superbowl, and this one girl said Janet fans kinda did nothing about the blacklisting. We kinda just laid there and took it (71.gif). She was like Beyonce fans woulda stormed Clear Channel emails, twitters, etc. They would have tracked down the right ppl and been ig'nant. And it's true. As crazy as Beyonce fans make themselves out to be, they get the damn job done. Just a few weeks ago, they were dragging the Sony twitter for a press release. THE VERY NEXT DAY, we got a press release from Sony. All the celebrities/stars who have said something negative about Beyonce have issued apologies to Beyonce because the fans dragged them on Twitter. Say what you want, but they get the fucking job done.

Janet fans can't even get Billboard to retract their statement about Gaga having the most successful debut tour. That's one of the Janet records we're most proud of. Like WTF? The only time we've really mobilized:

I've actually considered doing a little campaign to get Janet fans to get Janet back in good with Clear Channel Radio. But in the long run it would've been pointless because no one would have participated. I would've been on my own. Just look my Janet threads in the Janet section. Those are basically solo threads.

Just look at Sean on Twitter. No one is bold enough to say something slick about Janet when he's around because they know better. We need more aggressive fans like him. Sean gets the job done and doesn't let anyone talk shit about Janet. I would even throw myself in there as well. If we'd assert Janet in mainstream society and stop letting her influence and impact get swept under the rug, we wouldn't have to put up with shit like EW calling Janet the "Hot Mess of 2008".

You should know the Xone crazies don't play.. A few people wrote letters..

http://janetxone.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=76983

You guys I did what I said I would and wrote a letter to the editor to Billboard about the Gaga article and got a response.. here is what i wrote and what was sent back to me:

ME-

"To whom it may concern:

I'm writing this letter in response to your recent article titled "Lady Gaga's Monster Ball Tour Is the Biggest Ever by a Debut Headlining Artist" By Ray Waddell, Nashville.

After reading this article and doing some research I've found the statement that this tour is "the biggest tour ever by a debut headlining artist" is false. The Monster Ball tour is Lady Gaga's SECOND tour as a headlining artist not her debut. Lady Gaga's first tour as a solo artist was the FAME BALL TOUR...The record for the highest grossing DEBUT tour is held by JANET JACKSON for the Rhythm Nation Tour. Please fix this error or issue a retraction. Thank You "

here's the response:

"Thank you for your concern the matter will be reserved promptly. The following was sent to the writer of the article in question.. 'Hey ray -- see below letter to editor, reader says gaga was not a debut headlining artist, can you pls clarify tmw? Thanks! -Jem Aswad' "

Its not much but its something

They don't know how to get the damn job done. Those poorly worded emails probably got laughed at. Hence why I asked if I needed to write it.

Ya'll see PETA and them two bitches from The Examiner haven't said shit about Janet since. :filenails:

In the Janet thread a while back on Beyonce World, we had a discussion about Superbowl, and this one girl said Janet fans kinda did nothing about the blacklisting. We kinda just laid there and took it (71.gif). She was like Beyonce fans woulda stormed Clear Channel emails, twitters, etc. They would have tracked down the right ppl and been ig'nant. And it's true. As crazy as Beyonce fans make themselves out to be, they get the damn job done. Just a few weeks ago, they were dragging the Sony twitter for a press release. THE VERY NEXT DAY, we got a press release from Sony. All the celebrities/stars who have said something negative about Beyonce have issued apologies to Beyonce because the fans dragged them on Twitter. Say what you want, but they get the fucking job done.

Janet fans can't even get Billboard to retract their statement about Gaga having the most successful debut tour. That's one of the Janet records we're most proud of. Like WTF? The only time we've really mobilized:

I've actually considered doing a little campaign to get Janet fans to get Janet back in good with Clear Channel Radio. But in the long run it would've been pointless because no one would have participated. I would've been on my own. Just look my Janet threads in the Janet section. Those are basically solo threads.

Just look at Sean on Twitter. No one is bold enough to say something slick about Janet when he's around because they know better. We need more aggressive fans like him. Sean gets the job done and doesn't let anyone talk shit about Janet. I would even throw myself in there as well. If we'd assert Janet in mainstream society and stop letting her influence and impact get swept under the rug, we wouldn't have to put up with shit like EW calling Janet the "Hot Mess of 2008".

Janet fans have jobs and lives to live. We don't care about what others think or need validation from the outside world. Her work, and history speak for themselves.

No we won't. Beyonce's fans always go hard for her, and that's why she's always giving back to us. It's part of the reason why no celebrity is bold enough to talk shit about Beyonce.

Celebrities don't talk shit about beyonce because its not en vogue to talk shit about her. She's at the peak of her powers and is kinda untouchable at the moment. This will not always be the case. :coffee:

Caca is/was hitting #1 left and right on itunes with a song that it wasn't even supposed to be a single so how is she stalling ? :unsure:

And since when do we take what Billboard says so seriously? It was just last week or something that they were saying that Gargoyle broke the debut tour record when everybody their mama and their pet knows that it's not true so is this just a case of selective memory or that article didn't make it here? :unsure:

Fraudga is coming back from a huge album (blame the queeny phags) so everything that doesn't do as good or better then that album will be looked at as a flop which unfortunately is not the case .

And as for conchita, let's not forget what happened during the B-day era ...

who the hell u talking about ?

twitter wasn't invited in 2004...

and intimidating radio executives would do what exactly? :blink:

it doesn't always work.. it makes the fans look... foolish... and it creates a negative stigma about an artist's fanbase (ie MJ fans)

it doesn't always work.. it makes the fans look... foolish... and it creates a negative stigma about an artist's fanbase (ie MJ fans)

Exactly

In the long run, these antics will hurt Bey's legacy and reputation. its being said more and more that folks don't hate bey, but they hate her fans. -_-

Exactly

In the long run, these antics will hurt Bey's legacy and reputation. its being said more and more that folks don't hate bey, but they hate her fans. -_-

It's kinda like their vicious for no reason though. People are always trashing MJ so his stans need to be vicious but ppl barely trash Beyonce.

It's kinda like their vicious for no reason though. People are always trashing MJ so his stans need to be vicious but ppl barely trash Beyonce.

The media was way more vicious to MJ. So yeah, his stans had to come with it on a regular. :lol: And they did. :ph34r:

Beyonce catches haters from the general public though. So her fans feel like they should have the right to shut anybody down who expresses an opinion about her they don't like. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't scouring the internet LOOKING for haters.

The media was way more vicious to MJ. So yeah, his stans had to come with it on a regular. :lol: And they did. :ph34r:

Beyonce catches haters from the general public though. So her fans feel like they should have the right to shut anybody down who expresses an opinion about her they don't like. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't scouring the internet LOOKING for haters.

Agreed thats so thirsty to me.

How you gone troll the internet allday protecting somebody that doesnt even know you exist?

Agreed thats so thirsty to me.

How you gone troll the internet allday protecting somebody that doesnt even know you exist?

What's even more thirsty is how they infiltrate message boards and take over. If one bey stan can't defend her honor against a couple of folks on bossip/concreteloop, they go and get backup and will shut a board DOWN with their bullshit. I really believe that if Beyonce knew how crazy some of her followers were, she'd be embarrassed.

It's quite hypocritical of ppl to sit up here and say Janet's legacy is in tact and not going anywhere, but then turn around and complain when they believe Janet gets shafted, or the media tries to downplay her influence/impact. Prime example: when Billboard released their top R&B artists of the past 25 years and Janet was #5, and ppl were complaining about that. So miss me much with the foolery.

What the fans do has no bearing on the artist. Only stupid ppl associate the actions of the fans with the demeanor of the audience. The artist can't control the fans regardless of what anyone thinks. The actions of MJ fans or Beyonce's fans have never effected the artist. And only stupid people try to generalize an entire fanbase based on the actions of a sample too small to represent the total population.

But in any event, a good number of the points the girl made on Beyonce World were valid. If radio were to try and blacklist Beyonce, the stans would be proactive and get the ban lifted. A little aggression wouldn't hurt.

It's quite hypocritical of ppl to sit up here and say Janet's legacy is in tact and not going anywhere, but then turn around and complain when they believe Janet gets shafted, or the media tries to downplay her influence/impact. Prime example: when Billboard released their top R&B artists of the past 25 years and Janet was #5, and ppl were complaining about that. So miss me much with the foolery.

What the fans do has no bearing on the artist. Only stupid ppl associate the actions of the fans with the demeanor of the audience. The artist can't control the fans regardless of what anyone thinks. The actions of MJ fans or Beyonce's fans have never effected the artist. And only stupid people try to generalize an entire fanbase based on the actions of a sample too small to represent the total population.

But in any event, a good number of the points the girl made on Beyonce World were valid. If radio were to try and blacklist Beyonce, the stans would be proactive and get the ban lifted. A little aggression wouldn't hurt.

Janet's fans were proactive and requested and such, but the powers that be had pretty much set it in stone that Janet Jackson was blacklisted.

It's easy to talk when you're fav is at his/her prime (or in good graces with the media/industry). It's a totally different situation when that artist has been basically been blackballed in the industry.

Unless your fan/stan community is the size of a Michael Jackson...you're going to have trouble changing what's going down in the business (especially in a situation like Janet's which is basically unprecedented). Beyonce's stans are annoying and proactive, but her fan community is nowhere near that size.

She has a squeaky clean image and has yet to face any "real" obstacles in terms of her career. In fact, the whole situation with the "Girls" single is the first real problem Beyonce has ever faced in career, and I'm sure that matter will be fixed with the release of the video that should get people back on board again.

Even with the minor snafu of this "Girls" single, it's still a good look or "in" to be a Bey fan/stan (even if lot of people can't stand her hardcore stans lol), because Beyonce is in the prime of her career. Whenever Beyonce reaches a point when things aren't going so good, or (heaven forbid) is faced with a major scandal...that's when you'll see the true power of her fan community...and it won't be anywhere near what you see right now.

Archived